PDA

View Full Version : Harang

msstate7
04-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Pulled after 7 no hit innings. Era now 0.70. You still laughing at him dawgs?

starkvegasdawg
04-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Why would you pull him with a no no?

msstate7
04-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Why would you pull him with a no no?

High pitch count

godlluB
04-18-2014, 08:57 PM
What is a harang?

msstate7
04-18-2014, 08:58 PM
What is a harang?

Second coming of Cy young***

godlluB
04-18-2014, 09:00 PM
No seriously, WTF are you talking about?

msstate7
04-18-2014, 09:02 PM
No seriously, WTF are you talking about?

Pitcher for braves. He pitched 7 no hit innings tonight. His era is 0.70. dawgs (not msu fans, but user name here) laughed at harang other day

godlluB
04-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Thank you. I don't follow MLB, and with no context, I had no idea what this was about.

msstate7
04-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Thank you. I don't follow MLB, and with no context, I had no idea what this was about.

No problem

starkvegasdawg
04-18-2014, 09:09 PM
High pitch count

Screw that. Unless his arm fell off and rolled down the backside of the mound you have to let him go for the no hitter.

MS_half-step
04-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Not in a 1-0 game

dickiedawg
04-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Whole braves piecemeal rotation is off to a hot start. That's 1 run allowed in the last 3 games.

msstate7
04-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Whole braves piecemeal rotation is off to a hot start. That's 1 run allowed in the last 3 games.

Floyd and minor still not pitching yet

Dawg61
04-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Screw that. Unless his arm fell off and rolled down the backside of the mound you have to let him go for the no hitter.

No. He was already over 120 pitches and had 6 walks. I have no idea who this Harang guy is right now. He resembles nothing of the former brutally terrible Harang that got bounced from the Padres to the Mariners to the Dodgers. Who the **** is this guy? Can't be the same dude. Did he go on some journey like Batman and fight Chinese prisoners and climb some huge mountain to find a blue flower? This can't last. Or it'll last till game 1 of the playoffs when he gets ripped for 8 runs in 2 innings. I'm hoping for that one actually. Please stay this hot till the playoffs Batman Harang.

msstate7
04-18-2014, 10:16 PM
No. He was already over 120 pitches and had 6 walks. I have no idea who this Harang guy is right now. He resembles nothing of the former brutally terrible Harang that got bounced from the Padres to the Mariners to the Dodgers. Who the **** is this guy? Can't be the same dude. Did he go on some journey like Batman and fight Chinese prisoners and climb some huge mountain to find a blue flower? This can't last. Or it'll last till game 1 of the playoffs when he gets ripped for 8 runs in 2 innings. I'm hoping for that one actually. Please stay this hot till the playoffs Batman Harang.

I hope he lasts that long too. No way he'd start game 1 or 2 in playoffs though. Harang will be battling for 5th starter when minor and Floyd get back.

Dawg61
04-18-2014, 10:22 PM
I hope he lasts that long too. No way he'd start game 1 or 2 in playoffs though. Harang will be battling for 5th starter when minor and Floyd get back.

If he stays this hot he'll win the CY Young and be the #1 starter and get his ass ripped. Can't wait :) glad your Braves are pounding the Nats btw. Gawd I ****ing hate the Nats!

msstate7
04-18-2014, 10:26 PM
If he stays this hot he'll win the CY Young and be the #1 starter and get his ass ripped. Can't wait :) glad your Braves are pounding the Nats btw. Gawd I ****ing hate the Nats!

.70 isn't good enough to be best era for brave starters. Santana has lower at 0.64. Hale has the highest starting era at 2.89. Early, but geez...

War Machine Dawg
04-18-2014, 10:30 PM

In a 5-0 game, totally agree. You only pull a starter in the 7th inning of a no-no if either a) it's a tight 1-0 type game or b) his pitch count is absolutely ridiculous, like 150 pitches through 7. Otherwise, you ride his ass as long as the no-no is intact. I was ready to strangle Fredi for that bullshit.

Dawg61
04-18-2014, 10:39 PM
In a 5-0 game, totally agree. You only pull a starter in the 7th inning of a no-no if either a) it's a tight 1-0 type game or b) his pitch count is absolutely ridiculous, like 150 pitches through 7. Otherwise, you ride his ass as long as the no-no is intact. I was ready to strangle Fredi for that bullshit.

Tim Lincecum went to total shit last year after throwing 146 pitches in his no-hitter. Granted it's Tim Lincecum and he's been total shit for most of two straight years minus the no no and playoffs but still. He didn't recover from that for the rest of the season. Not worth it.

Dawg61
04-18-2014, 10:44 PM
.70 isn't good enough to be best era for brave starters. Santana has lower at 0.64. Hale has the highest starting era at 2.89. Early, but geez...

Come on man you know this can't keep up. Maddox, Glavine and Smoltz never did what Teheran, Harang, Santana and Wood have already done. Ever. This is the lowest team starters ERA the Braves have ever had in their history I'm pretty sure. That's ridiculous.

smootness
04-18-2014, 10:47 PM

He had walked 6 and was clearly getting tired and starting to labor. It wasn't BS, it was clearly the move to make. I've killed Fredi for a lot of things, but this isn't one of them. I like a manager who doesn't make stupid decisions to go for something like a no-hitter, and I would guess Harang had no problem with it.

msstate7
04-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Come on man you know this can't keep up. Maddox, Glavine and Smoltz never did what Teheran, Harang, Santana and Wood have already done. Ever. This is the lowest team starters ERA the Braves have ever had in their history I'm pretty sure. That's ridiculous.

I know it won't continue at this pace. At least starting pitching isn't the weakness that many predicted

Dawg61
04-18-2014, 10:53 PM
I know it won't continue at this pace. At least starting pitching isn't the weakness that many predicted

Haha it's a damn miracle right now. When the Braves lost two starters to TJ in a week I thought y'all were burnt toast. Really unbelievable what they are doing right now. If you asked me a week before the season started that one of either BJ Upton hitting .350 or the Braves starting rotation to have the lowest team ERA in history would happen and I had to bet I'd bet the house on Upton. Never on the lowest team ERA with Harang and Santana mixed in. Well done Braves.