PDA

View Full Version : The 30/30 on Espn about The Pistons

Drugdog
04-18-2014, 10:44 AM
was very good. Lots of good footage. I had forgotten how rough the play was back then.

jumbo
04-18-2014, 11:10 AM
I still can't believe Parrish didn't get ejected for punching Lambier

HailState39110
04-18-2014, 11:14 AM
I forgot how much of a jerk Lambier was. He was truly hated around the league and played the role of the villain perfectly

Original48
04-18-2014, 01:50 PM
I forgot how much of a jerk Lambier was. He was truly hated around the league and played the role of the villain perfectly
Watching the Bad Boys 30 for 30 made me realize one thing...Coach 34 is the Bill Laimbeer of the message boards.

Coach34
04-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Watching the Bad Boys 30 for 30 made me realize one thing...Coach 34 is the Bill Laimbeer of the message boards.

hilarious

sleepy dawg
04-18-2014, 07:54 PM
I thought your post was ridiculous when I read it this morning. I thought no way this is the best 30 for 30. Well, I'm half way through it now.

Whether it's the best or not, I have never seen basketball like this in my days of being a sports fan (really started caring about sports in the latter 90's). If the NBA was anything like this today, I'd have to be a fan. The NBA I see today reminds of more of soccer than what I'm watching here. This is awesome.

PassInterference
04-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Great episode. I gained a lot of respect for the Pistons right up to the end of that episode. When the Pistons walked off the court in a loss to the Bulls, when they knew their reign was over, my respect level for them sank back to zero.

The Pistons got good for a few years. They found a way to win. They played within the rules to intimidate their opponent. (Fouling is within the rules). They were the Dale Earnhardt of the NBA. Good for them.

But walking off the court when they lost their last championship series was a total shit move.

Great players respect each other even if they hate each other. Even if they nag and fight each other on the court. When its over, you tip your hat to the better team and shake their hand. Jordan respects them enough to still say today that the Pistons' level of play is what drove Jordan to be a champion.

Walking off the court was cowardly. **** them.

Johnson85
04-21-2014, 08:00 AM
was very good. Lots of good footage. I had forgotten how rough the play was back then.

That's why when you hear people compare Kobe to Jordan, it's laughable. Kobe could and would be kept in check with defense that was played back then. Zone has made things interesting, but I still don't think there's a question between whether a physical handchecking D was more difficult than today's best zones.