PDA

View Full Version : The Ole Miss fraternity tied to the Meredeth noose...

PassInterference
04-18-2014, 08:46 AM
...has been shut down. Of course it had nothing to do with the Meredith incident. Of course.

http://wreg.com/2014/04/17/ole-miss-fraternity-closes-after-meredith-statue-incident/

I find it offensive that they say it had nothing to do with the Meredith statue. The more they deny the problem, the longer it festers.

Bully13
04-18-2014, 08:56 AM
They just don't want to admit to several facts. someone else mentioned this a while back but I'll re-itterate it. and it coincides with why they will always attract more out of state students than us. there are still many folks across the country that have this fascination with the old south. some are just innocent mind numbed dumbasses still in love with the gone with the wind mentality. but some are just die hard racists. the ole miss brand is going to attract both of these groups. those in charge of ole miss are stupid to not admit these facts. they can report anything they want to a sympathetic reporter all they want, but in the end, the bottom line is the bottom line.

PassInterference
04-18-2014, 09:02 AM
You are exactly right, bully13.

I believe the administration at Ole Miss are not racists. But the image they promote attracts racists. That old south stuff it toxic for Ole Miss.

They best thing they could ever do to compete with us is to drop that stuff. But they can't. It is their brand. It is their identity. Hotty toddy from the land of cotton!

mjh94
04-18-2014, 09:04 AM
man, the sig ep's are having a tough run.. the MSU chapter, currently, is kicked off campus.. house is empty.

jimbo352
04-18-2014, 09:04 AM
...has been shut down. Of course it had nothing to do with the Meredith incident. Of course.

http://wreg.com/2014/04/17/ole-miss-fraternity-closes-after-meredith-statue-incident/

I find it offensive that they say it had nothing to do with the Meredith statue. The more they deny the problem, the longer it festers.

It says the national board closed the doors on the OM chapter... Does Ole Miss have anything to do with that? I was GDI, so I'm not sure how much influence a school can have on that.

I guess my question is, who caved? Did the National board get pressured by the NAACP(or another similar organization) and close the frat themselves....? Or, did they simply go along with a request by OM to suspend the frat from campus?

Martianlander
04-18-2014, 09:51 AM
It says the national board closed the doors on the OM chapter... Does Ole Miss have anything to do with that? I was GDI, so I'm not sure how much influence a school can have on that.

I guess my question is, who caved? Did the National board get pressured by the NAACP(or another similar organization) and close the frat themselves....? Or, did they simply go along with a request by OM to suspend the frat from campus?

From the article I got the impression that the fraternity's national board closed it. Tsun officials said they had trouble before but I doubt they would have had the backbone to do much about it. Maybe put them on "suspension", which means don't get caught two or three more times.