PDA

View Full Version : Ross Mitchell

msstate7
04-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Is he Friday starter? Really hope not. Think he's one of best sat guys around

Todd4State
04-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Announed today that Fitts will start Friday and Ross will start Sat. TBA for Sunday, but I suspect we will see Bracewell and Woodruff again.

Although- I found it very interesting that Dakota Hudson was named the starter for Alcorn and then they didn't start him.

Goat Holder
04-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Fitts is about the only guy who has shown he can start a ballgame for us and not be down 3-0 after the 1st inning. Real Deal on Saturday just fits, so I hope we don't f*ck with that again. Woodruff on Sunday, please, let's move the Bracewell experiment back to the bullpen where's he's been very effective over the years.

If this doesn't work (against the worst team in the SEC), move Lindgren to Friday and be done with it. Rise or fall with our best.

msstate7
04-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Fitts is about the only guy who has shown he can start a ballgame for us and not be down 3-0 after the 1st inning. Real Deal on Saturday just fits, so I hope we don't f*ck with that again. Woodruff on Sunday, please, let's move the Bracewell experiment back to the bullpen where's he's been very effective over the years.

If this doesn't work (against the worst team in the SEC), move Lindgren to Friday and be done with it. Rise or fall with our best.

I agree . Lindgren when on is the closest guy we have to a Friday night starter. Ross is great, but Friday guys should get k's IMO. Ross pitches to contact too much to face off with team's best

CJDAWG85
04-17-2014, 11:53 PM
They said Hudson had some soreness in his shoulder, but he's fine.

maroonmania
04-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Right now we need to be focused on who is starting. Keeping Lindgren or even Holder in the bullpen doesn't help anything if we are already out of the game by the 4th or 5th inning. And with our anemic offense it seems being down by 4 or 5 runs that we are pretty much out of it. This past weekend the bullpen was totally irrelevant in the Friday and Sunday games.

HancockCountyDog
04-18-2014, 09:56 AM
This is a sweep series.

Mizzou has one good pitcher - if we can beat them tonight - we ****ing sweep.

jumbo
04-18-2014, 10:41 AM
slightly off track, but what's the latest on Preston Brown? obviously it's something more than "soreness"

preachermatt83
04-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Right now we need to be focused on who is starting. Keeping Lindgren or even Holder in the bullpen doesn't help anything if we are already out of the game by the 4th or 5th inning. And with our anemic offense it seems being down by 4 or 5 runs that we are pretty much out of it. This past weekend the bullpen was totally irrelevant in the Friday and Sunday games.

I totally agree with this!

Goat Holder
04-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Agreed. Doing what we did last year is going to get our ass beat 9 out of 10 years. People who win national titles have 2 solid starting pitchers at minimum. If Fitts doesn't get it done tonight, it's got to be Lindgren from here on out. I think everyone can live with winning OR losing with our best guys.

Todd4State
04-18-2014, 02:18 PM
slightly off track, but what's the latest on Preston Brown? obviously it's something more than "soreness"

It's a shoulder. They are hoping he will be back by the Texas A&M series.