PDA

View Full Version : East side club level

MafiaDawg
04-17-2014, 04:00 PM
It looks like there are still about 225 east side club level tickets still available. Does that surprise anyone? Also, i wonder why the university is not pushing these all over social media like they are the scoreboard club? There are more available east side club level tickets and they are much more expensive than SB club. I figure the university would be trying hard to sell those instead.

Political Hack
04-17-2014, 05:25 PM
They probably set the donation limit too high and now don't have enough donors at that level to buy them. The reseating pissed a lot of people off, especially the donors that have earned their seats through longevity and consistency rather than large yearly donations. Be intersting to see how it plays out, but I can't imagine those seats going unfilled in the end.

Homedawg
04-17-2014, 06:34 PM
They haven't been sold out since they added the row of seats inside and jacked up the price. The university buys the left overs on a game by game basis.

rabbitthedawg
04-18-2014, 08:28 AM
I moved out of the CL this year and hated to do it, but after being a charter member of the CL, they moved me from the 35 yard line to the endzone. Therefore, instead of two tickets for what my donation has been, I have five tickets in the Scoreboard Club. Now my son, son-in-law, daughter and grandbaby can all be together. Yep...I have been giving for over 30 years and this is what I get. But...what the heck, things work out for the best!

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
I moved out of the CL this year and hated to do it, but after being a charter member of the CL, they moved me from the 35 yard line to the endzone. Therefore, instead of two tickets for what my donation has been, I have five tickets in the Scoreboard Club. Now my son, son-in-law, daughter and grandbaby can all be together. Yep...I have been giving for over 30 years and this is what I get. But...what the heck, things work out for the best!

Sucks but someone gave more than you. In fact, a ton of people gave more than you. That is life. Scoreboard club will be just as good and you get more tickets.

engie
04-18-2014, 08:44 AM
The Scoreboard Club is going to be awesome...

I get the impression alot of people haven't watched from that vantage point in an endzone before... There's a little trouble with depth perception as far as knowing exactly how far he made it -- and if that run was enough for a first down -- but the ability to see plays unfold and holes open up is tremendous...

Chuck Finley
04-18-2014, 08:55 AM
They probably set the donation limit too high and now don't have enough donors at that level to buy them. The reseating pissed a lot of people off, especially the donors that have earned their seats through longevity and consistency rather than large yearly donations. Be intersting to see how it plays out, but I can't imagine those seats going unfilled in the end.

A friend of mine called the ticket office to inquire about some CL tickets. They told him that the TTF commitment (obligation) would not be required if he wanted to purchase CL tickets this season. I can't imagine that would sit well with the others that have already paid.

BulldogBear
04-18-2014, 08:56 AM

I get the impression alot of people haven't watched from that vantage point in an endzone before... There's a little trouble with depth perception as far as knowing exactly how far he made it -- and if that run was enough for a first down -- but the ability to see plays unfold and holes open up is tremendous...

You're right! It's awesome to watch a hole in the line open up. Perhaps not as awesome if it's the other guys!

PassInterference
04-18-2014, 08:59 AM

I've sat high an an endzone before. It does have some advantages. You have a MUCH better view of what the QB is seeing with routes being run all over the field. You have a much better view of what's going on in the trenches. You can watch holes open & close.

Depth perception is the only disadvantage, but a glance up at the giant video board erases that.

I think scoreboard club people are going to enjoy it a lot.

quickstrike2
04-18-2014, 09:04 AM

I sit in the endzone a few times while a student. The ability to judge first downs is the only negative, but the videoboard really helps out with that. I actually really enjoyed the view from the endzone for the most part.

engie
04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
I sit in the endzone a few times while a student. The ability to judge first downs is the only negative, but the videoboard really helps out with that. I actually really enjoyed the view from the endzone for the most part.

It's a big difference to being up high too...

I sat endzone a good bit when I was a student and hated it -- but the first time I was at Vaught Hemingway in their Endzone Club -- it was an entirely different experience...

AROB44
04-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Sucks but someone gave more than you. In fact, a ton of people gave more than you. That is life. Scoreboard club will be just as good and you get more tickets.

Not really....they pledgedmore. Let's see how many don't honor their pledges. I know they will lose their seats, but will be interesting to see of MSU holds people to their pledges. Pledges are enforceable.....I think.