PDA

View Full Version : cohen haters

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 05:11 PM
should love the lineup tonight. yall got what yall wanted.

slickdawg
05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
1. Frazier SS 2. Detz 3B 3. Renfroe RF 4. Pirtle 2B 5. Rea 1B 6. Bradford CF 7. Porter DH 8. Ammirati C 9. Robson LF Pollorena LHP

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 05:22 PM
1. Frazier SS 2. Detz 3B 3. Renfroe RF 4. Pirtle 2B 5. Rea 1B 6. Bradford CF 7. Porter DH 8. Ammirati C 9. Robson LF Pollorena LHP

I like the lineup. I just dont have a porter hard-on like half this board. Porter seems to go 0-4 every game and then 3-4 with 2 doubles.

Will James
05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I like the lineup. I just dont have a porter hard-on like half this board. Porter seems to go 0-4 every game and then 3-4 with 2 doubles.

So...

.375 batting average
.625 slugging percentage

I'll take it.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 05:37 PM
So...

.375 batting average
.625 slugging percentage

I'll take it.

you mean a .256 average with a .360 slugging?

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/Baseball/2013/ms.htm

Will James
05-10-2013, 05:39 PM
you mean a .256 average with a .360 slugging?

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/Baseball/2013/ms.htm

Genius I was going off of your perceived stats.

3-8
2 doubles

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Genius I was going off of your perceived stats.

3-8
2 doubles

so 0-4 EVERY game (read post) then 3-4 means 3-8? Right. Im sure you have some formula that says youre right somehow.

Every game could mean 2 games, 3 games...whatever. Fact is, he is a shitty hitter overall.

msstate7
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
so 0-4 EVERY game (read post) then 3-4 means 3-8? Right. Im sure you have some formula that says youre right somehow.

Every game could mean 2 games, 3 games...whatever. Fact is, he is a shitty hitter overall.
Alright you two take it to the political board

Will James
05-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Fact is, he is a shitty hitter overall.

Uh you don't know what you're talking about. He was our 2nd best hitter in league play last year. He hit those SEC pitchers for nearly .300 last year. He also led the team in HBP last year. He also walks a lot. He also doesn't strike out.

Quick: only two players on the team last year to have more walks than K's.. Adam Frazier aaaaaaaaand..... Trey Porter.

29 walks to 27 K's

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Uh you don't know what you're talking about. He was our 2nd best hitter in league play last year. He hit those SEC pitchers for nearly .300 last year. He also led the team in HBP last year. He also walks a lot. He also doesn't strike out.

Quick: only two players on the team last year to have more walks than K's.. Adam Frazier aaaaaaaaand..... Trey Porter.

29 walks to 27 K's

Not getting into this shit. You cant go by stats on everything. There are some players that are clutch at the wrong times. There are some players that arent good but are gamers when it counts. There are some all star players that dont hit well with risp.

I go by watching every game of the year. Nothing more or less.

Edit - Ya boy is batting .194 in sec this year. Just like corley hitting 2 homers and then 19 homers and then 4. Which was the fluke?

That said, I hope he goes 4-4 and hits a walk off tonight.

Will James
05-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Not getting into this shit. You cant go by stats on everything. There are some players that are clutch at the wrong times. There are some players that arent good but are gamers when it counts. There are some all star players that dont hit well with risp.

I go by watching every game of the year. Nothing more or less.

Yeah well I watch them all too. Everyone "just going by their eyes" were also convinced that Renfroe wasn't good with runners on or with runners in scoring position. Until I showed them with stats how absurdly off that is. Does Porter's SEC .226 BABIP not suggest that maybe he's gotten a few bad breaks? That's the lowest BABIP on the team.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah well I watch them all too. Everyone "just going by their eyes" were also convinced that Renfroe wasn't good with runners on or with runners in scoring position. Until I showed them with stats how absurdly off that is. Does Porter's SEC .226 BABIP not suggest that maybe he's gotten a few bad breaks? That's the lowest BABIP on the team.

again, risp and clutch are different. When we are up 5 runs and hunter gets a double with runners on, that goes to his avg. However, if YOU HAVE WATCHED EVERY GAME, when we need a clutch hit with runners on, he has slacked a little there. I wont bitch about Renfroes stats but he hasnt been clutch this year. Period. I dont give a shit what stat or percentage you put in your stupid ****ing formula.

Here is a stat for you. Will James is batting 1000 at being an annoying **** on message boards.

Will James
05-10-2013, 06:24 PM
again, risp and clutch are different. When we are up 5 runs and hunter gets a double with runners on, that goes to his avg. However, if YOU HAVE WATCHED EVERY GAME, when we need a clutch hit with runners on, he has slacked a little there. I wont bitch about Renfroes stats but he hasnt been clutch this year. Period. I dont give a shit what stat or percentage you put in your stupid ****ing formula.

Here is a stat for you. Will James is batting 1000 at being an annoying **** on message boards.

Please provide me with everybody's clutch percentage. After you do that, go **** yourself

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Please provide me with everybody's clutch percentage. After you do that, go **** yourself

you're an angry elf.

gravedigger
05-10-2013, 06:33 PM
you're an angry elf.

All comes out today. I too am not entirely sold on porter bing good tonight but he's not a bad choic against wahl

gravedigger
05-10-2013, 06:34 PM
That said I would gladly like to have porter sell me tonight

Coach34
05-10-2013, 10:41 PM
I love the intensity- you can tell we are playing OM

Porter's gotten a raw deal this year and hasnt gotten consistent AB's- and that is why he has dropped this year. Porter can hit and help us win games. Just like last Saturday- Bama was coming back in Game 1- Porter doubles and drives in the runs to put us comfortably ahead again.

He will get some more big hits before this season is over

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Coach. I know you like porter. Im not saying he is the worst but he isnt the answer

Problem is we dont have an answer. I just hate that we give frost endless shit and he hits better than everyone but renfroe...problem is, i hate frost too
Not having a 3b will cost us going all the way this yeAr

Will James
05-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Not having a 3b will cost us going all the way this yeAr

No. A corner infield defensive position isn't going to cost us shit. This is a minuscule problem, a statistical irrelevancy. The thing that we need to be concerned with is not maximizing our lineup.

Frost has a ridiculously inflated .435 BABIP. Dude's been lucky. That's all Frost has is luck. In 31 plate appearances in league play he has 1 walk. ONE. Thats a 3% walk rate. That's stupid.

The team SEC BABIP is .320. If we were to give Porter and Frost a .320 BABIP, their stats would be

Frost .230 BA; .260 OBP
Porter .288 BA; .344 OBP

Frost has no business near the lineup.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-10-2013, 11:15 PM
No. A corner infield defensive position isn't going to cost us shit. This is a minuscule problem, a statistical irrelevancy. The thing that we need to be concerned with is not maximizing our lineup.

Frost has a ridiculously inflated .435 BABIP. Dude's been lucky. That's all Frost has is luck. In 31 plate appearances in league play he has 1 walk. ONE. Thats a 3% walk rate. That's stupid.

The team SEC BABIP is .320. If we were to give Porter and Frost a .320 BABIP, their stats would be

Frost .230 BA; .260 OBP
Porter .288 BA; .344 OBP

Frost has no business near the lineup.

watch cohen put norris and frost in tomorrow, along with mr speed DP henderson

Bullmutt
05-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Guys- just a comment from one of the newer rafts on the river here. Everyone wants to beat up on Frost and several others. Maybe we should all take a step back and realize these kids are Bulldogs and represent us all and make alot of sacrifices and put in alot of work on our behalf. I like to think, until I see direct evidence it's not the case, that they are all giving their best game-in and game-out. Sure, I'll admit Frost has a hard time making the throw from 3rd, but I've seen Detz and Norris skip several along the ground on that throw, too. Point is, they are what we have this year, and all we can expect is their best effort. I have no idea how likely it may be, but it would not be a good thing for some of these guys to come to this blog and see nothing but negatives thrown their way. As Dawg supporters (and players), we're all in this together.

CadaverDawg
05-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Guys- just a comment from one of the newer rafts on the river here. Everyone wants to beat up on Frost and several others. Maybe we should all take a step back and realize these kids are Bulldogs and represent us all and make alot of sacrifices and put in alot of work on our behalf. I like to think, until I see direct evidence it's not the case, that they are all giving their best game-in and game-out. Sure, I'll admit Frost has a hard time making the throw from 3rd, but I've seen Detz and Norris skip several along the ground on that throw, too. Point is, they are what we have this year, and all we can expect is their best effort. I have no idea how likely it may be, but it would not be a good thing for some of these guys to come to this blog and see nothing but negatives thrown their way. As Dawg supporters (and players), we're all in this together.

It's a message board. People are going to praise those that are playing well, and beat up a little on guys that aren't. Frost could very well be praised after today's games if he gets a big hit or something. But either way, if Frost gets his little feelings hurt over what's said on here....he's got way bigger issues than a weak arm from 3rd base.

I don't have a problem with Frost,, I just don't think he should see a lot of PT. and I'm sure he knows that too. Lighten up, and don't think this is going to be Genespage 2.0......or at least I hope it isn't.

State82
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM

Yep. These guys aren't like football players with full rides + "incentives". None of them. And Frost came to the team as a walk-on. Invested time and effort like every other player just for the pure pride of making a Southeastern Conference baseball team roster. He and others that get hammered on didn't just walk in Cohen's office and say "Hey, I'm here to pick up a uniform and knock around with you guys. Where do I start?" They don't pencil themselves into the line-up. Cohen does. We definitely have weak spots, but we are presently sitting in the #9 spot in the rpi with 7 regular season games left. And those weak spots are not the fault of the players that are having to fill them. That's on the coaching staff. But the weak spots are exponentially less glaring than they were 3-4 years ago.

Original48
05-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Porter's gotten a raw deal this year and hasnt gotten consistent AB's- and that is why he has dropped this year. Porter can hit and help us win games. Just like last Saturday- Bama was coming back in Game 1- Porter doubles and drives in the runs to put us comfortably ahead again.

He will get some more big hits before this season is over
This. I don't know what Porter did to piss off Cohen but I think him not having the at bats he had last year has cost a couple of games.

Coach34
05-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Lighten up, and don't think this is going to be Genespage 2.0......or at least I hope it isn't.

This is a place to congratulate when they do well, and complain when they dont...it's not a place for total sunshine nor is it a place to see who can make the funniest retort constantly(altho funny retorts are allowed)