PDA

View Full Version : Adidas

bluelightstar
04-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Louisville signs 5-year deal worth $40m.

Last week, we signed a 7-year deal worth $17.5m. No small amount of money there either..

jumbo
04-17-2014, 08:48 AM
because of basketball, no doubt.

Jack Lambert
04-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Louisville signs 5-year deal worth $40m. Last week, we signed a 7-year deal worth $17.5m.

Not to sound too stupid but is that what we paid them or what they paid us for using their stuff?

jumbo
04-17-2014, 08:51 AM
they are paying us...finally.

Irondawg
04-17-2014, 09:29 AM
that's interesting - wouldn't have expected it to be that different

spiritual_machine2005
04-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Louisville won a national championship in basketball last year and their football team beat florida in 2013, then destroyed miami in 2014 with a high profile qb in bridgewater. I have a feeling that had something to do with it.

engie
04-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Adidas is going hard after the basketball segment of the market. Obviously, they'll never get UK... But they got Michigan, Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, Wisconsin, UCLA, Cinci, Mississippi State, etc...

Diggs
04-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Michigan, Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, Wisconsin, UCLA, Cinci, Mississippi State, etc...

One of these is not like the others...

gtowndawg
04-17-2014, 10:33 AM

/

Irondawg
04-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Coming at this strickly from a business curiosity stadnpoint - I just have to wonder about the return on the extra $20M to get their basketball team. While they've been very good, quickly name me their top players over the past 5 years. I'm getting older so i wonder how much kids are influenced by college players/teams when they go out to buy apparel and sneakers. Maybe it's much more than i'm giving it credit for.

I wonder how much more merchandising sales they have than us as well. I'm sure it's like when leagues are looking to expand and they look at the demographics of how many people are likely to see it, etc.

spiritual_machine2005
04-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Coming at this strickly from a business curiosity stadnpoint - I just have to wonder about the return on the extra $20M to get their basketball team. While they've been very good, quickly name me their top players over the past 5 years. I'm getting older so i wonder how much kids are influenced by college players/teams when they go out to buy apparel and sneakers. Maybe it's much more than i'm giving it credit for.

I wonder how much more merchandising sales they have than us as well. I'm sure it's like when leagues are looking to expand and they look at the demographics of how many people are likely to see it, etc.
I don't know about all that, but I teach 8th graders. The week after they won the natty in basketball, about 10-15 of my students started wearing Louisville attire that I had never noticed wearing it before. They probably couldn't name anyone on the team either.

DudyDawg
04-17-2014, 12:32 PM

It's not about their players.....
It's the coach

maroonmania
04-17-2014, 04:01 PM
It's not about their players.....
It's the coach

Plus it doesn't hurt that they are in a significantly larger market area.

BulldogBear
04-17-2014, 04:04 PM

***Hoosiers suck in football?***