PDA

View Full Version : Bored & messing around. TSUN basketbal recruit, Stefan Moody. DAMN!

whosyourdawgy
04-16-2014, 10:40 PM
I like our Tookie recruit but this dude appears to be bad to the bone. 5'9" tall, killer hops, killer ball skills. Pretty dang impressive! Watch for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4703VTce0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7QO3pXqgdA

whosyourdawgy
04-16-2014, 11:07 PM
The JT Escobar kid looks legit too. What is the nickname for Kennedy we use? I forgot, but he has done some pretty solid recruiting this year it appears.

PG - Stefan Moody, Damn! - junior college transfer
SG - JT Escobar - looks damn good too - will be freshman
SG - Roderick Lawrence - JUCO - looks like a solid pick up
C - Rauno Nurger - 6'10" lanky white boy that is Hell on D and pretty athletic
PF - Marcanvis Hymon - 6'7" physical post player

Fill needs with some quality players. The Moody and Escobar kids are gonna be fun to watch. Millinghouse needed to find a new school cause he wasn't gonna play next season anyway with Moody coming in.

BeardoMSU
04-16-2014, 11:52 PM
He reminds me of Deville.

Dawg61
04-17-2014, 12:03 AM
Will be interesting to watch him try to dunk over WCS and JOB3 next year.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Will be interesting to watch him try to dunk over WCS and JOB3 next year.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, 61.

smootness
04-17-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is, but are we really going to hype Kennedy's class? Were this a Rick Ray class, we'd all be talking about what a joke it is. Yes, I am sure Moody will be a huge stud, coming from FAU and all with no other offers. Escobar also looks awesome with his lack of other offers. Same with Nurger. Lawrence at least does show offers from Creighton and Rhode Island.

But is this class supposed to scare me or something?

Jack Lambert
04-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Go post this crap over at Bafooms.

whosyourdawgy
04-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Damn kids. I couldn't sleep last night and had seen Kennedy on the news talking about recruits, so I went and looked. Calm the 17 down. The reason the Moody kid probably has no offers is he is 5'9. I was just impressed with his hype video. He appears to probably be hard to keep under control, much like Deville was as a freshman. But he's 5'9 and can dunk the shit out of the basketball. That's impressive. And the video of the Escobar kid is impressive too regardless of offers. He constantly moves, comes off screens well, and can hit shots. That's what we need on our team. I hope Dunlap provides that for us. I am so sorry to have gotten some panties in a wad by posting this. Dig em out and have a good day

smootness
04-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Surely you understand that posting a thread basically saying, 'Man, look at these Ole Miss recruits, they're awesome! Can't wait to see them!' won't be received well on a Mississippi State message board...especially when those recruits apparently aren't all that great.

I'll be honest, Moody's hops are obviously impressive for someone that size, but that video looks like he's mostly playing against church league kids. And him dunking by himself is the majority of the video.

Political Hack
04-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Ole Miss is the coolest.

Vandownbytheriver
04-17-2014, 09:10 AM
He definitely has hops and skills. On most of his crossovers he's carrying the ball though. That's gonna be called a travel in SEC play.

whosyourdawgy
04-17-2014, 09:52 AM
He definitely has hops and skills. On most of his crossovers he's carrying the ball though. That's gonna be called a travel in SEC play.

That is true.

whosyourdawgy
04-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Surely you understand that posting a thread basically saying, 'Man, look at these Ole Miss recruits, they're awesome! Can't wait to see them!' won't be received well on a Mississippi State message board...especially when those recruits apparently aren't all that great.

Honestly, I was half asleep when I did this and didn't even know I wrote they'd be fun to watch and that deserved some backlash. Kennedy lost crackhead and Millinghouse and has replaced their positions with what appear to me pretty good players regardless of offers. The others were MEH at best.

I'll be honest, Moody's hops are obviously impressive for someone that size, but that video looks like he's mostly playing against church league kids. And him dunking by himself is the majority of the video.

The Moody kid will be interesting to see how he transitions to SEC play. The Escobar kid I think is gonna be a steal. I wish I could say the same about our recruits. Hell, you can't even find a good video of any of them on youtube. Dunlap has a couple but I know what he can do. There isn't much out there for Black or Houston for me to even look at to get excited about. I do like what I see from Zuppado though. I just hope that Dunlap and Zuppado can knock down open three's with IJ and Sword penetrating and throwing it to them. We desparately need some outside threats to keep the lane open for Sword to do his thing

smootness
04-17-2014, 10:22 AM
I wish I could say the same about our recruits. Hell, you can't even find a good video of any of them on youtube. Dunlap has a couple but I know what he can do. There isn't much out there for Black or Houston for me to even look at to get excited about.

This doesn't mean they aren't just as good, though. I'm sure if someone wanted to tape a video of Houston playing against some non-D1 type players in that same kind of setting, he would look like a stud, too. And I'm sure a video of him just dunking by himself would look darn impressive; he's an insane athlete.

engie
04-17-2014, 10:22 AM
We need both.

What people miss is that having a legit inside presence helps outside shooters and viceversa. When teams can take one away and you can't do the other very well, you struggle.

I have a feeling it's going to blow everyone's mind about how well IJ and Thomas suddenly "learned" to shoot next year -- because we actually have legit 4's and 5's on the court together for entire games and defenders have to cheat in to help with Ware/Daniels opening up the kickbacks... instead of cheating out because they have a center guarding Roquez Johnson at the 5...

Covercorner2
04-17-2014, 01:35 PM
In looking at this dude's shot, I doubt he's a great shooter. So, at 5'9" just give him space and he can't beat you with his speed or quickness, and he's obviously not gonna shoot OVER you. And that's not even mentioning how he can guard at 5'9". There's a reason he's not being recruited very hard. There is more to basketball than hops and quickness....