PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M has three more players arrested

starkvegasdawg
04-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Two defensive players and a WR. Sumlin, holding to his no nonsense tough discipline, suspended one of the three long enough for the cleaning crew to dust his locker and then reinstated him and never suspended the others at all. This, of course, after one of his QB's was arrested earlier this year and was suspended long enough to go back to his apartment and take a long nap and a good dump before being reinstated.

Pollodawg
04-16-2014, 10:35 PM
I can't wait until they realize that they are a 7-6 team without JFF.

BulldogBear
04-17-2014, 07:20 AM
I can't wait until they realize that they are a 7-6 team without JFF.

They're gonna win 7?

Lamar
Rice
@SMU
ULM
Arkansas (Neutral)

That's five, and let's assume the 7th is a bowl game win, which one is 6th?

@South Carolina
@Alabama
@Auburn

No, No, and No. So, that leaves (likelihood of win probably in this order):

Mizzou
UMiss
@MSU
LSU

Coach34
04-17-2014, 07:45 AM
They may have trouble beating UPig also. UPig gonna run it down their throat.

chainedup_Dawg
04-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Hell, they could have problems with Rice and they better not sleep on SMU or ULM with their defense.

Pollodawg
04-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Sumlin has never been able to coach a D. It took the refs for him to beat one of the worst teams Mullen has ever fielded. Then, when his star QB went out, we blew that ass out in Houston. He is a pretty good coach when he has "his" guy under center, but he is not worth $5,000,000 a year.

FISHDAWG
04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
aTm will do better than expected IMO ..... they have always recruited well and Sumlin is a capable coach .... I just dont get that them losing a QB will completely wreck their season and I understand a freshman will probably get the start (kinda like J Football did when he was a freshman - although he was redshirted) .... I hope that Dan M doesn't underestimate them the way this board seems to be doing ....... I'll agree they are down from last year but hey, they had pretty good success long before J Football arrived

Coach34
04-17-2014, 09:34 AM
They have recruited well- but they are losing three 1st round picks on offense. Let that sink in- THREE 1st round picks. They will still have a good offense- but it simply wont be as good as it was.

Defensively- they simply arent very good. They may improve and I expect them too on that side of the ball- but the best they can hope for is middle of the pack SEC D.

@SC
@Bammer
@Auburn
@State (and we have a week off to get ready)

Thats 4 losses right there. Then they have LSU and OM at home which should be a toss-ups...then add UPig on a neutral field. They have their work cut out for them this year

starkvegasdawg
04-17-2014, 09:41 AM
They were not good as a team last year. JFF and Mike Evans were the two people that made them look like a good team. How many of their plays were JFF running around like a chicken with his head cut off for 10 seconds before finally just throwing a wounded duck off his back foot 30 yards downfield and having Evans jump up in triple coverage and make the catch? They just had two absolute freaks of college football on the offensive side of the football that nobody could stop. They are both gone now. I'll tell you what else is going to hurt them is the players running the show. Sumlin is scared to death to put a foot in the butt of any of his players when they screw up. They have all this 5* talent running around with no discipline and no accountability. That more than likely means their work ethic sucks balls too because no one has the guts to push them. That theme sounds familiar to me. Sounds a lot like a school about 90 miles to the NW of Starkville. We see how well that has worked out for them. A&M is getting ready to become TSUNw.

FISHDAWG
04-17-2014, 09:46 AM
all I'm saying is we really don't know how they will reload .... it's speculation at best. So are we laying the ground work for everyone to say we only beat them this year (if that happens) because they sucked ? .... ie. Auburn, Arkansas, UGA, Florida

smootness
04-17-2014, 09:54 AM
all I'm saying is we really don't know how they will reload .... it's speculation at best.

I definitely agree with this. No one should be counting that game as a win in the spring because nobody knows what they'll look like in the fall. Everyone thought 2012 would be a fairly easy win before that season, too.

Having said that, a weak defense returning and a true freshman QB after losing several NFL prospects is generally not where teams want to start. It's certainly possible they aren't good at all this year.

Oxfordawg
04-17-2014, 10:22 AM
There D is a train wreck, if that wasn't fixed in the off season it will be a long season without JFF bailing them out

Pollodawg
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM
aTm will do better than expected IMO ..... they have always recruited well and Sumlin is a capable coach .... I just dont get that them losing a QB will completely wreck their season and I understand a freshman will probably get the start (kinda like J Football did when he was a freshman - although he was redshirted) .... I hope that Dan M doesn't underestimate them the way this board seems to be doing ....... I'll agree they are down from last year but hey, they had pretty good success long before J Football arrived

They had good success in a completely different league. They won't totally suck, but JFF masked an awful lot on that team. When they played that first half without him verses Rice, they were only up seven before the break. This was to Rice at home now. Tell that doesn't leave you a little optimistic for this game.

BulldogBear
04-17-2014, 11:21 AM
FISH, I get what you're saying. I'm not underestimating them. If we play poorly we WILL lose. I hope they're undefeated when we beat them!! Heh... Just saying from what we've seen of Sumlin and the loss of a more or less one man team (yes, he had some help) on offense, they have their work really cut out for them. They aren't gonna be the kind of team that can go on the road in the SEC and expect to win if the other school isn't hungover, especially during the first half of the season when experience is low and/or against nonconf patsies.

FISHDAWG
04-17-2014, 11:49 AM
I know nothing is for sure but I'm not sure if Mullen has ever beaten Sumlin even at Houston ... can't remember if Sumlin had already bolted for aTm when we last played (crushed) Houston .... even then their star QB was not in the game .... so I'm just thinking aTm + Sumlin = worthy opponent ...... I am a little wooly for this game but I don't think it will be a slam dunk

Pollodawg
04-17-2014, 11:54 AM
I know nothing is for sure but I'm not sure if Mullen has ever beaten Sumlin even at Houston ... can't remember if Sumlin had already bolted for aTm when we last played (crushed) Houston .... even then their star QB was not in the game .... so I'm just thinking aTm + Sumlin = worthy opponent ...... I am a little wooly for this game but I don't think it will be a slam dunk

Sumin was there. It was 2010.

Pollodawg
04-17-2014, 11:55 AM
When I look at this year, all I can think is that everything is in place. It's time. If we don't have a big year (10-3/ 9-4) will we ever again under Dan?

smootness
04-17-2014, 12:46 PM
When I look at this year, all I can think is that everything is in place. It's time. If we don't have a big year (10-3/ 9-4) will we ever again under Dan?

I agree that everything is in place, but if we fall short of 9 wins this year, it doesn't mean we won't ever do better. Our recruiting continues to get better, Mullen continues to get more of the guys he wants in place, and you never know exactly how a team will come together.

blacklistedbully
04-17-2014, 01:23 PM

As far as I'm concerned, we beat them in 2009 when they had a healthy Case Keenum. They brought their refs and royally screwed us to narrowly escape with an unearned W that year. To this day I am still pissed at Mullen for not challenging the blatantly bad, "illegal forward pass" call that wiped out a 1st down at their 4 and gave the ball over on downs.

There was another play we started inside their 30 where we passed to their 12, but their defender clearly hit before the pass arrived, causing the ball to bounce in the air allowing that same DB to intercept. They got away with holding ALL DAY LONG, while attempting something like 72 passes. Blatant, out-in-the-open holding that their refs refused to call.

I don't consider cheaters winners, so no, Sumlin didn't beat Mullen that day.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwwT-293GgQ

thunderclap
04-17-2014, 01:40 PM
When I look at this year, all I can think is that everything is in place, except a kicker. It's time. If we don't have a big year (10-3/ 9-4) will we ever again under Dan?

Fixed it for you.

Pollodawg
04-17-2014, 05:22 PM
As far as I'm concerned, we beat them in 2009 when they had a healthy Case Keenum. They brought their refs and royally screwed us to narrowly escape with an unearned W that year. To this day I am still pissed at Mullen for not challenging the blatantly bad, "illegal forward pass" call that wiped out a 1st down at their 4 and gave the ball over on downs.

There was another play we started inside their 30 where we passed to their 12, but their defender clearly hit before the pass arrived, causing the ball to bounce in the air allowing that same DB to intercept. They got away with holding ALL DAY LONG, while attempting something like 72 passes. Blatant, out-in-the-open holding that their refs refused to call.

I don't consider cheaters winners, so no, Sumlin didn't beat Mullen that day.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwwT-293GgQ

Remember when AD scored on a long run late in the fourth to tie it, and they called it back due to a phantom holding call? SO much eff up that day.