PDA

View Full Version : Dante Scott decommits from Rick Ray...

CadaverDawg
04-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Is this old news, and is it a big loss? I would assume since he's breathing it could hurt us, but can anyone confirm?

hacker
04-16-2014, 09:48 PM
I don't keep up with basketball recruiting much, but I saw where Zuppardo committed today/last night and Scott decommitted. Figured they were related.

CadaverDawg
04-16-2014, 09:53 PM
I don't keep up with basketball recruiting much, but I saw where Zuppardo committed today/last night and Scott decommitted. Figured they were related.

Sounds good to me. Zuppardo seems to be a decent get, so maybe it was an upgrade

chef dixon
04-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I was under the impression we had another scholarship to fill for this year regardless. I hope it has to do with Ray having a magical master plan in place rather than Scott just deciding to leave or being replaced by Zuppardo. If Zuppardo is in fact a replacement for Scott straight up, not sure how I feel about ditching a potential 4 year player for a JUCO, 2 year guy that some aren't sure his game translates to D1.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2014, 10:00 PM
The 2 aren't related. Zuppardo is a 2014 kid & Scott is 2015. Scott wanted to look around & take visits so the 2 parties felt best if they separated from each other. Basketball is a different animal than football. In basketball when a kid commits most times schools back off & don't continue to try to flip the kid. I'm not sure you see Scott back in the fold.

Dawg61
04-16-2014, 10:15 PM
The 2 aren't related. Zuppardo is a 2014 kid & Scott is 2015. Scott wanted to look around & take visits so the 2 parties felt best if they separated from each other. Basketball is a different animal than football. In basketball when a kid commits most times schools back off & don't continue to try to flip the kid. I'm not sure you see Scott back in the fold.

How are they not related? Zuppardo going to only play one year? No. He's playing two years. We have 2 players graduating and had 3 commits. That makes 14 scholarships. 1 too many with Zuppardo being added. Then less than 24 hours later Scott has removed himself and we are back down to 13. Seems pretty related to me.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2014, 10:29 PM
How are they not related? Zuppardo going to only play one year? No. He's playing two years. We have 2 players graduating and had 3 commits. That makes 14 scholarships. 1 too many with Zuppardo being added. Then less than 24 hours later Scott has removed himself and we are back down to 13. Seems pretty related to me.

Yes the timing may make you think that but they're not related. Also why would we cut a guy 1 year before he's supposed to be on campus with all the turnover in college basketball? The 2 we're not related.

dawgs
04-17-2014, 09:12 AM

From what I see, he doesn't have the most impressive offer list. HOWEVER, we aren't in a position to play hardball with guys who want to visit around if it's a guy we believe in.

smootness
04-17-2014, 09:17 AM
I was excited about Scott, I think he has a lot of potential. Stinks, but hopefully we're making room for something bigger.

engie
04-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Ray in Jackson last week...
Newman's "spot" opens up this week...
at the position most expect him to play...

May all be coincidence...

Brad Stevens
04-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Ray in Jackson last week...
Newman's "spot" opens up this week...
at the position most expect him to play...

May all be coincidence...

Meant to reply to this the other day - do you know something we don't Engie? No need in teasing if you're just reading into it from Rick Ray and Dante Scott tweets... I genuinely am curious if you know more.