PDA

View Full Version : Well, you know the baseball team is shitting the bed...

CadaverDawg
04-16-2014, 04:41 PM
when we have multiple basketball threads on the front page in April.

We really need to get it going this weekend, or it may be a depressing 3-4 months

Dawg61
04-16-2014, 05:00 PM
A sweep @ Mizzou would be nice. Go from 7-8 to 10-8. Really need a sweep.

BulldogBear
04-16-2014, 05:02 PM
A sweep @ Mizzou would be nice. Go from 7-8 to 10-8. Really need a sweep.

We obviously need hitting in all 3 for this to happen but especially Sunday.

State82
04-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Ha! Thought the same thing earlier. That's pretty much a dead giveaway that something is amiss this time of year with basketball posts. A lot of people, including myself, have tried to spin this situation for the better so far this season. However, I imagine the spin has about run it course, unfortunately. Just checked rpi's and we are at 45 on Boyd's World and 43 on Warren Nolan. It's probably about panic time. Lot of ground to make up with a shaky lineup/starting pitching and 17 games to go.

Todd4State
04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
What is done is done. We have made our bed and now we have to lay in it. Hopefully the players and coaches have learned their lesson about dealing with success and will do better the next time it happens. You hope what happened doesn't happen- but it has and all we can do is live with it for now.

That said, this is still the same team that won their first three SEC series. We have five SEC series left, a game against Ole Miss and a game against Jacksonville State. Last night gave me some optomism even though it was Alcorn State. The approach at the plate and the effort and energy were a lot better. We will see if that continues.

If we get into a regional- which we likely will- we are still going to have a chance to achieve our goals. It's going to be more difficult on the road, but the opportunity is still going to be there.

Goat Holder
04-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Got to find that 3rd starter though. We've gotten our asses kicked in the games where either Real Deal or Fitts didn't start. Brown needs to come back, but since our injury luck is so shitty this year, Woodruff's got to make it happen. Hitting will come around. As we said at the beginning of the year, season rises or falls with Woodruff.

MadisonDawg
04-16-2014, 06:52 PM
May have already been posted today but anyone catch Kendall Rogers' regionals and seedings? Has us as a 2 seed in Tallahassee.

Goat Holder
04-16-2014, 07:06 PM
If the season ended today, I wouldn't cry about that route. Find a way out of FSU and then you get Alabama close to home at worst, but most likely I think we'd get GT or somebody else who upsets them. 1st time hosts (in a while) don't typically fare well. Yeah yeah I know we did but they have the biggest chance of getting knocked off.

Dawg61
04-16-2014, 07:11 PM
A SR @Tuscaloosa would be rowdy. We'd have more fans there than them most likely.

tcdog70
04-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Just sweep Mizzou and all will be OK. We are going to adjust and play better down the stretch