PDA

View Full Version : Dudy Noble Field #1

Boodawg
04-16-2014, 12:15 PM
May be Germans...

http://www.ncaa.com/video/baseball/2014-04-15/bsb-high-five-coolest-ballparks-oregon-san-diego-south-carolina

Political Hack
04-16-2014, 12:25 PM
hadn't seen that. wish they would've got some better shots of the LFL though. still cool though.

Todd4State
04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Kendall Rodgers probably disagrees.**

Great honor. We need to get more of this out there because it helps us to recruit.

bulldogcountry1
04-16-2014, 01:30 PM
We really have something special. Just think, we have the best atmoshere in college baseball, and we are about to bring to facilities up to the same level.

Political Hack
04-16-2014, 02:16 PM
We really have something special. Just think, we have the best atmoshere in college baseball, and we are about to bring to facilities up to the same level.

I hope they don't sacrifice one for the other.

BulldogBear
04-16-2014, 02:33 PM

This^ +1

preachermatt83
04-16-2014, 06:04 PM

+10000 I would love to have the greatest stadium in college baseball ALONG with the greatest atmosphere but I would not be willing to have the greatest stadium if it somehow resulted in not having the greatest atmosphere.

BulldogBear
04-16-2014, 06:06 PM
+10000 I would love to have the greatest stadium in college baseball ALONG with the greatest atmosphere but I would not be willing to have the greatest stadium if it somehow resulted in not having the greatest atmosphere.

Agreed, some will disagree but:

Atmosphere > facility

whosyourdawgy
04-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Can't have a Dudy Noble shot without Hobie's tiki hut and Omaha/Hoover signs.

Jack Lambert
04-17-2014, 08:03 AM

I think they should do some cosmetic things to but not change it. I really like setting NCAA attendance records. Take the blenchers out and we will not set any more records but that one set Saturday is going to be hard to top.

smootness
04-17-2014, 08:22 AM

I don't know why people are worried about this. The atmosphere is created by the fans, not because there are dilapidated structures in the outfield.

It's obvious the administration is proud of the LFL and proud of setting attendance records, so I have to believe neither of these is going anywhere. So as long as State fans keep being State fans, why would the atmosphere change?

BulldogBear
04-17-2014, 11:11 AM
I don't know why people are worried about this. The atmosphere is created by the fans, not because there are dilapidated structures in the outfield.

It's obvious the administration is proud of the LFL and proud of setting attendance records, so I have to believe neither of these is going anywhere. So as long as State fans keep being State fans, why would the atmosphere change?

Part of the atmosphere is the hybrid tailgating, yet still in the stadium experience. I would compromise. In other words, no grandstand (in LFL). Instead structures must to be code or whatever, perhaps even several types of DIFFERENT prefabbed structures professionally built. I've heard somebody else mention this but don't recall who. Maybe even built of high quality treated wood.