PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if there are future plans for Dorman?

Lloyd Christmas
04-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Kind of got sidetracked in the other thread so I figured this subject should have its own thread. Anyone know if it will be renovated? Destroyed? Anytime soon?

TheRef
04-16-2014, 08:52 AM
I seriously doubt it. They MIGHT renovate it but who knows how long that will take. I have a feeling that some other buildings need renovations before Dorman.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Bitch needs to be burned to the ground

Lloyd Christmas
04-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I seriously doubt it. They MIGHT renovate it but who knows how long that will take. I have a feeling that some other buildings need renovations before Dorman.

You're probably right, but considering how much we play on national tv Dorman should be first on the list for demolition.

TheRef
04-16-2014, 08:56 AM
You're probably right, but considering how much we play on national tv Dorman should be first on the list for demolition.

Ag will fight you tooth and nail.

mstatefan91
04-16-2014, 08:59 AM
McCarthy gym is what needs to be torn down...

bgover4
04-16-2014, 09:01 AM
My guess is Dorman gets replaced with something very nice and everything on the north end of the stadium (Freeman, Giles, Briscoe, and Memorial) get demolished soon and we have a second probably smaller junction type area for tailgating outside the new expansion. At least that is how i would handle it.

trob115
04-16-2014, 10:13 AM
IMO, the north side like bg mentioned, is more of an eyesore than dorman.

Bark
04-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Pretty sure someone said on 6pack that it was in the plans to re-brick dorman with the campus standard brick ala the union. I don't know if it will be a full renovation inside and out like the union or just a quick fix for the orange brick. Hopefully they at least add some architectural elements to the facade to add some depth and interest to its boring rectilinear box shape since it's in such a highly visible area.

And pretty sure Giles is going nowhere for at least the next 20 years or so.

BulldogBear
04-16-2014, 11:32 AM

Put up a great big "This is our State" screen in front of it on gameday!!***

DCdawg
04-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Pretty sure McCarthy is being demolished in the future. There is master plan on the website for the whole campus. I agree that Memorial and McArthur should go next - even before Dorman.

Gen. Grant
04-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, until the classroom building is completed behind the post office Dorman and Allen will have to endure. Once the President moves back to Lee and the classroom building is done, Ive been told that Allen will go. That place where Dorman is could be used for game days and expand the Junction, but that is just wishful thinking. I hate Dorman, its so ugly inside and out.

BossDawg
04-16-2014, 03:32 PM
McCarthy gym is what needs to be torn down...

Every time I walked by that place going to the LA building I felt like I needed a tetanus shot.

Barking 13
04-16-2014, 05:40 PM
(McCarthy) but..but... there were some good concerts there. Even Lynyrd Skynyrd.... ****