PDA

View Full Version : Wow- MRA got screwed bigtime (video inside)

Coach34
05-10-2013, 01:46 PM
no way in hell thats a catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9DInLlbi0rM#!

slickdawg
05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
That guy has future SEC ref written all over him. Wow.

gravedigger
05-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Maybe it is just me, but I'm not entirely sure the video shows that he didnt catch the ball. I was looking at it on my phone, and admittedly, the coach has a much better view as well as the ump. The rule, if i remember correctly, states that the ball must be controled in the glove and removed to constitute a catch. I see it slipped out at some point, but I couldnt tell if he pulled it out and dropped it or if he never controlled it in the glove.

Seems the umpire made the mistake of challenging the coaches throwing down of the hat rather than explaining why he made the call which lead to the ejection.

But I've definately seen worse calls.

Todd4State
05-10-2013, 04:34 PM
That was BAD. How hard is this call? Does the guy transfer the ball from his glove to his hand? No. So, it's not a catch.

Will James
05-10-2013, 05:55 PM
I honestly don't know how the coach remained that calm.

Todd4State
05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I honestly don't know how the coach remained that calm.

I don't know about MAIS, but in public schools, if you get kicked out you and the school are fined and you have to take some bullshit sportsmanship test. I think the fine is like 400 bucks, and I wouldn't be surprised if some schools take their part of the fine out of the coach's paycheck. That's pretty stiff when you consider their annual salary.

Also, I think (and I may be wrong) but if you get kicked out twice, I think you are done coaching for the year. That might get you fired as well.