PDA

View Full Version : Cuonzo Martin to Cal

TheRef
04-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah...it just happened. He's headed to California after being HC at Tennessee.

msstate7
04-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Any recruits we can jump on?

HailState39110
04-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Pearl to Tenn? That would be great

engie
04-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Tennessee gave him no raise after the Marquette flirtation. I'm not even sure they extended him. With the talent that is leaving there this year, I'm not at all surprised to see him jump. Fans never supported him like they did Pearl...

SignalToNoise
04-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Pearl to Tenn? That would be great

Pearl was hired by AU.

bluelightstar
04-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Tennessee gave him no raise after the Marquette flirtation. I'm not even sure they extended him. With the talent that is leaving there this year, I'm not at all surprised to see him jump. Fans never supported him like they did Pearl...

Add to that, I understand the AD never came to his defense when UT was struggling this year. On top of it, the fans were in the Thompson-Boling Arena during games chanting "we want Pearl." I'd want out too if I were Martin.

smootness
04-15-2014, 12:31 PM
They don't have a great class lined up, though I would definitely take Jordan Cornish.

Crazy, though, to see him leave. But I thought it was easy to pull and keep coaches in the SEC. I mean, look at Bruce Pearl!**

Dawg61
04-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Stokes going pro too. Tennessee going to suck bad next year.

Dawg61
04-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Add to that, I understand the AD never came to his defense when UT was struggling this year. On top of it, the fans were in the Thompson-Boling Arena during games chanting "we want Pearl." I'd want out too if I were Martin.

Before this NCAA run Cuonzo was close to getting fired. His team is going to suck next year without McRae, Maymon, Stokes and Barton. Cuonzo is just bolting before the Vols turn on him completely. Over 30,000 fans had signed a petition online wanting him fired. And he had a 63-41 record at UT.

HailState39110
04-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Pearl was hired by AU.
Your point?
Ellis Johnson was the DC at Arkansas for about a week before he went to USC. Dana Autman the basketball coach now at Oregon was the head coach at Creighton. He accepted the head coaching job at Arkansas for a few days only to turn it down . Then they had to hire Pelphrey. This country we live in is a free enterprise. It's an amazing thing .

SignalToNoise
04-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Your point?
Ellis Johnson was the DC at Arkansas for about a week before he went to USC. Dana Autman the basketball coach now at Oregon was the head coach at Creighton. He accepted the head coaching job at Arkansas for a few days only to turn it down . Then they had to hire Pelphrey. This country we live in is a free enterprise. It's an amazing thing .

I thought my point was pretty clear- I don't think Pearl is interested in going back to UT since he has a job at AU. You are free to believe otherwise.

Isn't free enterprise awesome?

C222
04-15-2014, 12:57 PM
They don't have a great class lined up, though I would definitely take Jordan Cornish.

Crazy, though, to see him leave. But I thought it was easy to pull and keep coaches in the SEC. I mean, look at Bruce Pearl!**

I'd take Larry Austin. And Kingsley Okoroh only because he's 7'1''.

cujo
04-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Another opportunity for Stands. He is a hillbilly, after all.

M.Fillmore
04-15-2014, 02:12 PM
The horror! Now we can't debate if Coach calling him Kwanza is racist!