PDA

View Full Version : Espn power rankings (mlb)

msstate7
04-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Braves sweep the Nats and drop 3 spots to 7th right behind Nats at 6th. Braves have beaten the Nats 5 of 6 this year. Espn really wants the Nats to be better than the braves. Sorry espn...

shoeless joe
04-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Ever since the braves reg season domination of the mid 90s espn always has had a bias against them. I remember as a kid, when sportscenter was worth watching, the braves highlights would be the shortest highlight late in the show. I guess they got tired of "Americas team" and games being nationally broadcast but it was obvious back then.

I haven't noticed that in recent years, however, because other than college sports I don't watch espn. MLB network is awesome for a baseball fan. They have great commentators that bring actual baseball info to the table on their shows. Harold Reynolds, john smoltz, Mitch Williams, billy Ripken, Sean Casey, plesac. These are hard core old school baseball players that bring great insight and relevant info. There's a reason several guys have left ESPN for MLB network (i.e. Peter gammons).

The last time I watched baseball tonight I couldn't even understand half of the talking heads...I do like Aaron Boone as a color guy on their broadcasts.

Political Hack
04-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Braves sweep the Nats and drop 3 spots to 7th right behind Nats at 6th. Braves have beaten the Nats 5 of 6 this year. Espn really wants the Nats to be better than the braves. Sorry espn...

hahaha. that's pretty awful.

starkvegasdawg
04-15-2014, 07:11 AM

It's got to be Adam Laroche's new beard. Dude looks like ZZ Top and Duck Dynasty had a baby.

smootness
04-15-2014, 07:34 AM

I really don't understand the Nats hype. I get that they have some big-name, well-known players, but I guess it comes down to the fact that offense gets hyped over pitching/defense. The Braves definitely have an offense that can crush the ball, though, with big-name players themselves, so it's a bit strange.

And it's not as though the Nats have a big fan following that will produce ratings. Perhaps they're trying to grow the Washington market? I don't know, but it seems like if that were the case, the Orioles would have been hyped more through the years.