PDA

View Full Version : Cauley-stein

msstate7
04-14-2014, 07:29 PM
Will return next season. If Kentucky can get a couple more back, watch out.

Dawg61
04-14-2014, 07:39 PM
I assume Randle, Young and one twin will go pro. Their three best players so they'll still need to restock 50+% of their offense.

slickdawg
04-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Randle is a lotto pick.

Cal has been in the DFW area several times recruiting some 7* recruit. He'd be a lotto pick if it wasn't for the 1 year rule.

msstate7
04-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Randle is a lotto pick.

Cal has been in the DFW area several times recruiting some 7* recruit. He'd be a lotto pick if it wasn't for the 1 year rule.

Yeah I figured randle is for sure gone. Have no idea where the Harrison twins and young rate on nba draft boards.

C222
04-15-2014, 07:55 AM
I assume Randle, Young and one twin will go pro. Their three best players so they'll still need to restock 50+% of their offense.

They'll have plenty of scoring. Their front court will be loaded: WCS, Marcus Lee, Dakari Johnson, Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, and Poythress. Add in Booker and Tyler Ulis.... they are a top 5 team again. Hopefully the Harrisons and Young are going pro.

smootness
04-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Yeah I figured randle is for sure gone. Have no idea where the Harrison twins and young rate on nba draft boards.

Right now, nbadraft.net has Young around the middle of the 1st and the Harrisons in the late 1st/early 2nd (they've both drastically improved their stock recently). I'd guess they all go.

If the Harrisons do leave, while Kentucky's frontcourt should be insane, they could really struggle in the backcourt. The Harrisons were far better rated coming out than the guys they're bringing in this year, and the reason UK struggled all year was because the Harrisons weren't playing well.

If their freshmen guards don't step in and play above their heads, it could be another interesting year for them.

BeardoMSU
04-15-2014, 08:48 AM
I can see Dakari Johnson having the biggest leap next year. The guy is a legit 7' and should be a lot more polished next year. Wasn't he the #1 center in last years class?

smootness
04-15-2014, 08:56 AM
I can see Dakari Johnson having the biggest leap next year. The guy is a legit 7' and should be a lot more polished next year. Wasn't he the #1 center in last years class?

He was. Honestly, though, I think Lee could see the biggest jump. He's a potential stud.

There's no doubt their frontcourt will be crazy good. Johnson/Lee/Cauley-Stein/Towns/Lyles. That's totally nuts. And if Poythress comes back (and he should), that's their 3 and a very good one.

Again, though, it's going to come down to that backcourt. If one or both of the Harrisons returns, they'll be preseason #1 by everybody. If they both leave, it's going to get dicey. Ulis and Booker just aren't the elite-level guy they normally get, and while Hawkins has promise, they have nothing beyond that. It makes me think Calipari feels the Harrisons will be back, but we'll see. They were definitely not leaving a few weeks ago, but that could have all changed.

BeardoMSU
04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
He was. Honestly, though, I think Lee could see the biggest jump. He's a potential stud.

There's no doubt their frontcourt will be crazy good. Johnson/Lee/Cauley-Stein/Towns/Lyles. That's totally nuts. And if Poythress comes back (and he should), that's their 3 and a very good one.

Again, though, it's going to come down to that backcourt. If one or both of the Harrisons returns, they'll be preseason #1 by everybody. If they both leave, it's going to get dicey. Ulis and Booker just aren't the elite-level guy they normally get, and while Hawkins has promise, they have nothing beyond that. It makes me think Calipari feels the Harrisons will be back, but we'll see. They were definitely not leaving a few weeks ago, but that could have all changed.

Yeah, that was their problem this year. They can have all the big boys in the world, but if they don't have a PG who can get them the ball or a couple of shooters to take pressure off them, it's gonna be tough, as it was for most of this year. I was really surprised the Harrison's had such a rough year. I guess much of their hype was due to their size and athleticism, and less with their shooting stroke and basketball IQ. Those dudes are 6'6", though, which playing the 1 and the 2, make them walking mismatches in the college game, not to mention high school. I think they should both come back for another year, since that's not going to get them by in the NBA.

msstate7
04-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Yeah, that was their problem this year. They can have all the big boys in the world, but if they don't have a PG who can get them the ball or a couple of shooters to take pressure off them, it's gonna be tough, as it was for most of this year. I was really surprised the Harrison's had such a rough year. I guess much of their hype was due to their size and athleticism, and less with their shooting stroke and basketball IQ. Those dudes are 6'6", though, which playing the 1 and the 2, make them walking mismatches in the college game, not to mention high school. I think they should both come back for another year, since that's not going to get them by in the NBA.

If they both come back, Kentucky won't lose 4 games and win a national champ

smootness
04-15-2014, 09:26 AM
If they both come back, Kentucky won't lose 4 games and win a national champ

That team would be won that can legitimately talk about the potential of going undefeated before the season starts. You're talking about a starting lineup that could potentially be filled with elite recruits all beyond their freshman year, in addition to the elite freshmen.

It would still depend on the Harrisons' consistency, and I seriously doubt they actually would go undefeated, but it would be the best college team since the Anthony Davis team for sure, and they only lost 1.

BeardoMSU
04-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Possibly, and they'd definitely have the best shot at that next year.

But, if you're talking about a team with serious "legit" NBA talent, you gotta look at that 2010 team. That bunch was STACKED: John Wall, D. Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson. That's probably the most underachieving team I've ever seen; the fact that they didn't win it that year was stupid, not to mention get to the final 4...but the team anchored by Jorts did the next year...what the 17?