PDA

View Full Version : Sitting at WalkOns in Lafayette

Bucky Dog
04-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Radio show is interviewing ULL baseball coach Tony Robichaux here, which by the way they are 33-4 after a weekend sweep! He is talking about their philosophy and he is saying their goal is to establish a presence, both on the mound and at the plate! He feels you have to be aggressive in your approach to both. Was talking about a pitcher they have that is 6'6" and about 230 and how he goes after every hitter. He wants his hitters to drive the baseball hard and capitalize on mistakes the other pitcher makes. I know they play in the Sunbelt but I just like his way of thinking.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Love going to walk-ons in lafayette. Have fun.

Todd4State
04-14-2014, 08:05 PM
That sounds a lot like Cohen's philosophy. The difference is they have a bunch of Cajuns and we have a bunch of prima donna pussies.

Of course when we are aggressive and something doesn't go right, we have fans that get all ridiculous about why we did that. (I can't believe we were hit and running with a 2-1 count!!!!***)

If you are a LSU fan, you have to wonder how Manieri missed some of their players. I'm sure they have at least a couple that could help them out right now.

But back on point- yes, aggressive baseball in general works.