PDA

View Full Version : MLB Bulldawgs

Dawg61
04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm watching the Miami Marlins vs Nationals game and Tyler Moore the former MSU player hits a homerun. He's a player that gets forgotten about when we discuss pro Bulldawgs. Can we compile a list of all the current MLB and minor league MSU players.

MLB:
Papelbon
Moreland
Moore
Maholm

Minors:
Stratton
Renfroe
Frazier

Who else?

War Machine Dawg
04-14-2014, 08:06 PM
That's because Moore doesn't play much with Adam LaRoche at 1B for the Nats.

dawgs
04-14-2014, 08:07 PM
yeah he's a util guy that can play the corner OF spots and 1B, but he's not an everyday player. he's done pretty well in that role that last 3 seasons though.

boonedawg
04-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Ed Easley is on the Triple A Memphis Redbirds' roster.

Todd4State
04-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Ed Easley is on the Triple A Memphis Redbirds' roster.

Yeah- and last I saw he was doing OK. I hope he gets called up in September.

War Machine Dawg
04-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah- and last I saw he was doing OK. I hope he gets called up in September.

I'm still stunned he has never really made it to The Show, much less become a big time player. I thought Easley would be a fixture at C for some MLB team. Just shows what a crapshoot making it through the minors and breaking through really is.

shoeless joe
04-14-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm still stunned he has never really made it to The Show, much less become a big time player. I thought Easley would be a fixture at C for some MLB team. Just shows what a crapshoot making it through the minors and breaking through really is.

I too thought he would be an MLB guy. And apparently so did several scouts since he was picked rather high in the draft. Making it through the minors is as much about learning to be a pro and play at a high level day in and day out as it is about baseball talent and skill. Everybody on that level is good. When you play as a professional it is a JOB. yes it's still a game but it is a job and some guys can't handle the different aspects that come with that. I am in no way saying that's the case with Easley, just pointing out why it's such a crapshoot.

Will James
04-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Last year was the first time Ed showed any power or even was an above average hitter. Hope he can keep it up this year.