PDA

View Full Version : Since Cohen is addressing our issues, let's talk about another problem at hand.....

Goat Holder
04-14-2014, 01:59 PM
The SOBs up north seem to be pretty good. Everybody is on their jock today. I'm not quite sure if Kendall Rogers has an obsession with them, or that he likes f*cking with MSU fans, or both, but he's all about them and has been all weekend. And for good reason, they kicked our asses all over that damn place. But, it's the fact that they did NOT sweep us that keeps me somewhat confident they won't get to Omaha. And even if they do, their team makeup isn't conducive to winning it like UCLA, Arizona, South Carolina, etc. Big hitting teams go to TD Ameritrade to die - North Carolina, LSU, Oregon State, Florida 2011 (probably the best of the bunch).

I might be simply telling myself this to make myself feel better, but Bianco doesn't come up in the games that matter. He could have buried us Saturday. Failed completely. But until we win a national championship, we will be forced to worry about those SOBs getting hot and winning one, because they certainly have the players. You could probably say they had better talent than us last year. Or maybe they are hot right now, at the wrong time.

Looking at their schedule, they very likely will make it to 40 wins and earn a host. At home, they could beat LSU 2 of 3. Maybe they'll drop a few at UK. Arky and Georgia at home, then at Texas A&M to finish it off. Us, Southern and the Raffos OOC. So they're looking like they'll host, but maybe not be a national seed. That should be enough to trip them up on the road for the Super.

Damnit why couldn't the idiots have just fired Bianco when they were all calling for him. As long as he's there they'll be a threat.

shoeless joe
04-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Offensively they are good. Pitching wise they are nowhere near where we were last year. They will prolly host and so should make a super. Then it all depends on the match up and who gets hot at the rite time...see 2007.

But you hit the nail on the head about their team and Omaha. They will struggle there based solely on the power of their team is power.

I personally think they won't get to Omaha based on the fact that they always find a way to choke it away but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a super.

msstate7
04-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Maybe we'll turn it on and be 2 seed at ull matched up with OM. I'd love another shot assuming we get better at the end which we usually do

Goat Holder
04-14-2014, 02:20 PM
I personally think they won't get to Omaha based on the fact that they always find a way to choke it away

I see why you and others would think this but I personally think it's just a matter of time. Every time a season ends without them in Omaha is another bullet dodged.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-14-2014, 02:22 PM
The SOBs up north seem to be pretty good. Everybody is on their jock today. I'm not quite sure if Kendall Rogers has an obsession with them, or that he likes f*cking with MSU fans, or both, but he's all about them and has been all weekend. And for good reason, they kicked our asses all over that damn place. But, it's the fact that they did NOT sweep us that keeps me somewhat confident they won't get to Omaha. And even if they do, their team makeup isn't conducive to winning it like UCLA, Arizona, South Carolina, etc. Big hitting teams go to TD Ameritrade to die - North Carolina, LSU, Oregon State, Florida 2011 (probably the best of the bunch).

I might be simply telling myself this to make myself feel better, but Bianco doesn't come up in the games that matter. He could have buried us Saturday. Failed completely. But until we win a national championship, we will be forced to worry about those SOBs getting hot and winning one, because they certainly have the players. You could probably say they had better talent than us last year. Or maybe they are hot right now, at the wrong time.

Looking at their schedule, they very likely will make it to 40 wins and earn a host. At home, they could beat LSU 2 of 3. Maybe they'll drop a few at UK. Arky and Georgia at home, then at Texas A&M to finish it off. Us, Southern and the Raffos OOC. So they're looking like they'll host, but maybe not be a national seed. That should be enough to trip them up on the road for the Super.

Damnit why couldn't the idiots have just fired Bianco when they were all calling for him. As long as he's there they'll be a threat.

Damn, you are seriously coming off like a gigantic ***** in this thread.

Goat Holder
04-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Ha, yeah, I have this vision of us ending up in Oxford in a Super Regional. They take Game 1, we win Game 2 on some fluky shit like Saturday, then come back and beat them in Game 3 by like 5-1, that way they can soak up the loss a few hours before it actually happens. Basically just like the Virginia Super Regional they lost.

Goat Holder
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
I hope it turns out that way.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do, ***** or not, to affect the outcome of their games.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Well I think our fans need to stop expecting our players to not play scared against teams if this is how they feel. Were you this worried after they got swept by Alabama? That was not very long ago.

missouridawg
04-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, why do you think that a team (OM) who beats a mediocre team (MSU) 2-1 in an away series should make the mediocre teams' fans (MSU) "worry about those SOBs getting hot and winning one".

We've got to stop this over-reacting to every series kind of deal. I get it... we're not the great team that everyone hoped for... but for the love of God, let's stop analyzing every disappointing weekend as the nail in our coffin.

Goat Holder
04-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, why do you think that a team (OM) who beats a mediocre team (MSU) 2-1 in an away series should make the mediocre teams' fans (MSU) "worry about those SOBs getting hot and winning one".

Because they looked the part of a contender. A lot of veterans on that team.

We've got to stop this over-reacting to every series kind of deal. I get it... we're not the great team that everyone hoped for... but for the love of God, let's stop analyzing every disappointing weekend as the nail in our coffin.

You guys can keep saying this until you're blue in the face. If it was just one weekend, I'd understand. I'm not happy with the way the team played at LSU or Ole Miss and all year for that matter. They laid down and died in Baton Rouge, and they didn't show up for Super ****ing Bulldog Weekend. We haven't seen this type shit since 2010. I'm not the only person who's tired of the attitude. Can I do anything about it? Of course not.

Bothrops
04-14-2014, 03:28 PM
OM is a very good team this year, but history says they will choke post season. The euphoria of thinking that Omaha is a win or two away will set them up for the ultimate anticlimax. If they don't go this year, they give up.

TheRef
04-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Just saying, I'm not saying that it will happen again but last year around this team we dropped out of the Top 25 altogether so it's not like we can't come back from this, guys.

Coach34
04-14-2014, 03:48 PM
They arent going to Omaha

mic
04-14-2014, 04:15 PM
It's baseball.. Teams get hot . Good teams run into a hot pitcher or 2 and lose games . It happens.. But yes right now and prob overall they are a better team than we are..
They can hit . They have guys that actually have power and can hit for power that's a big plus. And something we dont have
They will have a chance in almost every game because they can hit and score runs
But They also got swept by a good not great Bama team a few weeks back so it's very possible for them to go on the road and drop a series or 2...
Yes I agree they will prob host a regional I actually thought even if they lost the series to us this past weekend they would still prob host . But Now they have put themselves in a position to be a national seed.
I still don't think they make it Omaha .

Todd4State
04-14-2014, 04:21 PM
When you have as much experience as they do, you are going to be good. Or at least you should be. Their pitching was the question and it has come through for them, and then they have had their share of good luck. Kudos to them. They are also going to lose a lot next year and they will be about what they were last year.

That said, I like our future long term. Look at the two guys on Saturday that started and finished the comeback. Freshman Cody Brown and freshman Gavin Collins. I'm excited about Dakota Hudson, Austin Sexton, Vance Tatum, and Zac Houston as well. Paul Young being injured kind of pushes him back into that group of freshmen as well- so hopefully he comes back.

UMCDawg16
04-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Damn, you are seriously coming off like a gigantic ***** in this thread.

+1

OM isn't going to Omaha. Bottom line. They will find a way to choke. Again.
Bianco is an average coach, and OM fans know it. Don't get it twisted, Cohen is a great coach. He will do what's needed to pull this team together. This probably isn't our year but we will be back with a vengeance. We are now a top 10 program nationally and will be for a longggg time. Stop getting your panties in a wad. And OM will never win a NC, in any major sport for that matter. I'm SMH that that was even mentioned.

AlSwearengen
04-14-2014, 05:50 PM
olemiss is pretty good offensively, but I don't think they are as good pitching wise as they have been in the past (at least as far as having two studs that bianco wears out). We are an average SEC team when we are playing well and a bad sec time right now. I would be surprised to see olemiss make it to omaha, but if they did, I just don't see how they would match up with some of the teams that would probably be there.