PDA

View Full Version : Is our problem too many seniors?

msstate7
04-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Juniors seem to win you games in college baseball. Does the fact we about 6 starters (rea, detz, pirtle, ct, Armstrong, Henderson) that could've been drafted last year a bad thing?

I realize rea isn't a senior, but pretty sure he was draft eligible last year

TheRef
04-14-2014, 08:03 AM
Juniors seem to win you games in college baseball. Does the fact we about 6 starters (rea, detz, pirtle, ct, Armstrong, Henderson) that could've been drafted last year a bad thing?

Not necessarily. Most of the time you WANT senior leadership in a team to give you a steady base to create your team on. Our problem is that most of our seniors aren't making contact with the ball and/or being lazy in the field.

UMCDawg16
04-14-2014, 08:22 AM

I realize rea isn't a senior, but pretty sure he was draft eligible last year

SMH at this post. Too many seniors/ draft eligible guys in the lineup is why OM put up 20 hits on us yesterday.

The Croom Diaries
04-14-2014, 08:28 AM
It definitely not that we have too many seniors. I assume your theory is that we have so many seniors because they weren't good enough to be drafted. But your question should be is our problem that our juniors aren't elite?

Basically Seth Heck, Jake Vickerson and Zach Randolph are the only junior position players contributing offensively and they are all juco guys. And they've each been off and on this year.

Our problem is we don't have Adam Frazier and Hunter Renfoe. That's it. Then it's compounded by the fact Wes Rea isn't hitting and Brandon Woodruff hasn't worked out like we thought.

msstate7
04-14-2014, 08:37 AM
SMH at this post. Too many seniors/ draft eligible guys in the lineup is why OM put up 20 hits on us yesterday.

You're right. Offense is definitely not a problem. We're raking**

msstate7
04-14-2014, 08:42 AM

BTW who started yesterday's game? 5th year senior Ben bracewell

UMCDawg16
04-14-2014, 08:55 AM
BTW who started yesterday's game? 5th year senior Ben bracewell

I'm speaking of OM. They are a veteran lineup. The problem isn't that we have too many seniors.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Our problem is that after losing our two best hitters (Frazier and Renfroe). Another two of our best hitters (Detz and Rea) are playing terribly. So it's basically like we lost 4 out of our 5 best hitters from last year. Detz and Rea need to sit down and adjust and give the young guys some AB's.

mstatefan91
04-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Too much lee way given to the players. Cohen the dictator is about to be back in a big way this week.

TheRef
04-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Daniel Garner just tweeted "When it rains, it pours".....

drunkernhelldawg
04-14-2014, 11:08 AM
I haven't followed this team closely, but I have worked with students a lot. As they get closer to the next stage of life, the importance of the current stage fades in intensity. I think that's kind of natural, so I do think there's something to this idea.

DanDority
04-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Our problem is we don't have Adam Frazier and Hunter Renfoe. That's it. Then it's compounded by the fact Wes Rea isn't hitting and Brandon Woodruff hasn't worked out like we thought.

Our problem in Spades. This year! Hunter really helped Rea more than anyone wants to believe. Having a leadoff hitter that hits almost 400 for the year and almost 650 in the postseason that should answer your questions.

Goat Holder
04-14-2014, 11:18 AM
His ass needs to grow the hell up anyway. Spent too much time drunk in the junction. It's all fine and well when you can do that and still play, but when you whine and strike out looking stupid you just look like a dumb f*ck. Tired of coddling these puss-balls. They'd been getting too much ***** is the problem.

Get yo ass to practice Daniel

MarketingBully01
04-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Our problem is that after losing our two best hitters (Frazier and Renfroe). Another two of our best hitters (Detz and Rea) are playing terribly. So it's basically like we lost 4 out of our 5 best hitters from last year. Detz and Rea need to sit down and adjust and give the young guys some AB's.

Don't forget that we miss Girodo and Graveman terribly too. We are having to start Mitchell because we absolutely don't have a solid starter on this team. Fitts is okay but definitely not an ace. Woodruff is a bust. We had to move Lindgren to the pen when we moved Mitchell to the starter role. Graveman was a guy who could not only be a rock on one of the starting roles but he ate a lot of innings. Between him and Mitchell last year, they both gave us big time chances to win. Our staff is just a lot weaker this year. Girodo was another guy who in my opinion could shut teams down. We haven't replaced any of those guys and on Sundays we are getting rocked.

War Machine Dawg
04-14-2014, 11:44 AM
His ass needs to grow the hell up anyway. Spent too much time drunk in the junction. It's all fine and well when you can do that and still play, but when you whine and strike out looking stupid you just look like a dumb f*ck. Tired of coddling these puss-balls. They'd been getting too much ***** is the problem.

I see Goat has returned from bannation. Damn. The board had been so much better the last few weeks.

I seen it dawg
04-14-2014, 01:36 PM

Dammit. Another good post.