PDA

View Full Version : It sickens me to say it but they have a better team this year...

dawgclub99
04-13-2014, 05:44 PM
I will give credit to them . They beat us . We did not beat us like our coach wants to say.

Saltydog
04-13-2014, 06:04 PM
bullpen was better than I expected. Yes, I agree they are a better club.,

Coach34
04-13-2014, 06:09 PM
That was made pretty clear this weekend

HailState39110
04-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Is it just me or did all of their guys look between 6'1 - 6'5 180-200 lbs while all of our guys looked 5'7-5'10 155-175lbs ? They definitely looked better getting off the bus too

UMCDawg16
04-13-2014, 06:25 PM
They have the better team as of now. They have veteran hitters and a solid starting rotation. Remember this same lineup who had 20 hits today, was a bad hitting team last year. They will take a hit the next two off seasons, be sure of that. As for us, it's hard to lose 4 top pitchers and one weekend starter and not expect to drop off pitching wise. It's clearly we have no idea who to pitch Sunday. As for hitting, we have two guys who are hitting, Pirtle, Armstrong, outside of those guys it's hit or miss at the plate. I like what I saw from Detz this weekend. Rea is in an epic slump and Britton shouldn't have another AB in SEC play. This team has no leader, and no identity. Cohen has lots of work to do but I trust him. We didn't go on a run till the second half of last year either.

Todd4State
04-13-2014, 06:33 PM
They wanted to beat us worse than we wanted to beat them. I think Cohen touched on that a little bit today.

They can not stand the attention that we got last year, and it has fueled them all year. You could see it in the comments in the paper about "we could have been in Omaha and did the same thing". The same thing happened last weekend against LSU.

Our team has to understand that they are not underdogs anymore. They have to understand that we are going to get everyone's best shot- especially from our rivals and we have to find a way to match their intensity. We have a bad case of what I call post championship season syndrome.

Jacksondevildog
04-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Cohen made a mound visit today to bitch at his infield because they were playing on their heels and not prep stepping. That's how mentally engaged we were in the game. That's bad that we were that flat.

Coach34
04-13-2014, 06:37 PM
They wanted to beat us worse than we wanted to beat them.

I seen what you did there

I seen it dawg
04-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Cohen made a mound visit today to bitch at his infield because they were playing on their heels and not prep stepping. That's how mentally engaged we were in the game. That's bad that we were that flat.

Then it's time to run a whole new damn crew out there season be damned. That shit should never happen at this level.

dawgclub99
04-13-2014, 06:52 PM
I seen what you did there

Ha ha. Love it.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Then it's time to run a whole new damn crew out there season be damned. That shit should never happen at this level.
I keep wishing he'd do that just to make a point at least. I think leadership is very weak on this team.

MsStateBaseball
04-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Surprising we were flat but yes the recruit the big kids, the have less Ms kids than we. We have too many projects but that is turning some. I think we will get hot and make a regional. We will lose some players on roster so hit it hard with new recruits.

Coach34
04-13-2014, 07:42 PM
It was SBW- much bigger chance of our guys being hungover than being flat

bluelightstar
04-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Certainly were out in the District last night haha

Todd4State
04-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Surprising we were flat but yes the recruit the big kids, the have less Ms kids than we. We have too many projects but that is turning some. I think we will get hot and make a regional. We will lose some players on roster so hit it hard with new recruits.

We have some big guys coming in. But we need to keep recruiting Mississippi kids. We can't and shouldn't let guys like Austin Riley, Luke Alexander, and Jake Mangum slip through our fingers because they aren't from Florida.

Homedawg
04-13-2014, 09:47 PM
It was SBW- much bigger chance of our guys being hungover than being flat

I thought the same thing. Especially after the big win. Not using that as a crutch- just more of a fact.

Todd4State
04-13-2014, 10:02 PM
I think playing hung over is more of an individual type thing. Some guys can do it and some can't. I've heard stories about Keith Hernandez doing three lines of cocaine and then getting three hits.

But since we're talking about college kids who probably don't hold their liquor all that well... it might (probably) have been a factor.