PDA

View Full Version : Softball team takes bama series.

starkvegasdawg
04-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Scored 4 in the 10th to win 4-3.

curmudgeon
04-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Unreal. Alabama was #1 in the RPI and #2 in the polls. The win yesterday was a minor miracle. Taking the series? And if you didn't watch, Bama scored three in the op of the 10th to break a scoreless tie.

Allison Owen is legit. And she wears a ribbon in her hair.

Saltydog
04-13-2014, 06:02 PM
nt

curmudgeon
04-13-2014, 06:17 PM
There is. Its updated weekly. We were 41st and Alabama was 1st going in. We should jump to about 20 spots. Have #5 Tennessee next week then series that we should win. Sort of weird we don't get to play the worst team in the league this year, Ole Miss.

I picked on them earlier in the year because they can never win the big one. They have won the big one. Vann is going to do great things at MSU if we can keep her. We need to take what we are paying the volleyball staff and put it into her salary. I'm afraid when Pat Murphy decides to retire/move on, Alabama will be calling her.

curmudgeon
04-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Let me add this. Vandy doesn't field a team so there are only 13 SEC teams. We are still in 11th place. Top 10 teams make the SEC Tournament.

But, we are considered a lock for an NCAA bid. SEC should easily get 11 in. Our remaining series are at Tennessee (#5 in nation, #2 in SEC), LSU (#10 in SEC) and Arkansas (#12 in SEC). Really wish we got to play Ole Miss this year. They are a special kind of terrible.

If we can finish our last nine 5-4 or better, we should get into the SEC Tournament. We are a game out of tenth and a game and a half out of 7th. There's a logjam between 4th and 11th. We just happen to be at the bottom of it.

Quaoarsking
04-13-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm afraid when Pat Murphy decides to retire/move on, Alabama will be calling her.

Definitely won't happen. The whole reason that Vann is here is because Alabama's softball coach decided to move on, so Alabama hired her as a replacement (promoted her from the pitching coach job), then the old coach changed his mind, so Alabama told Vann never mind but offered to let her stay on, and she of course said "Hell no."

Coincidentally, we happened to be looking for a coach at the time and she fell into our lap. She may leave us one day, but it's not going to be for Alabama.

ScoobaDawg
04-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Bully13 eat shit and try to be a little more respectful of these ladies.

Sam&DeansDawg
04-14-2014, 06:57 AM
How tall was the bama pitcher? She could play football.

curmudgeon
04-14-2014, 08:45 AM
I know the story. I also know that Alabama is still her dream job.