PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Spirit readers for coming by, click an ad while you are here:

Lloyd Christmas
04-13-2014, 12:49 PM
rebeljim
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
8922 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 10:15 AM
Congrats to Yancy, u finally made the big time. Sunday comics
link
Reply | Quote
Sandcrab1
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
10269 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 10:54 AM
There is really no way we can argue with them until our players
in all our programs develop the attitude state's players have about the Egg Bowl, basketball and baseball games. I really think we have much better talent than they do in football yet our players haven't developed that degree of dislike and don't play as hard against state as they do against LSU for instance. The first step up the ladder to the top of the SEC is beating state regularly. Hopefully our coaches and players will see to it that starts happening. MAybe the Bo and DN incident will help in that regard.
Reply | Quote
jamieNjxn
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
2735 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:00 AM
Re: There is really no way we can argue with them until our
Your post is accurate, but the "attitude" must start from the top, with our administration down to the coaches. I am not sure we have complete "buy-in" from the leaders of our institution.

---------------------------------------------
--- Sandcrab1 wrote:

in all our programs develop the attitude state's players have about the Egg Bowl, basketball and baseball games. I really think we have much better talent than they do in football yet our players haven't developed that degree of dislike and don't play as hard against state as they do against LSU for instance. The first step up the ladder to the top of the SEC is beating state regularly. Hopefully our coaches and players will see to it that starts happening. MAybe the Bo and DN incident will help in that regard.

---------------------------------------------
Last edited Today 11:05 AM by jamieNjxn
Reply | Quote
rankinreb
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
1291 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:02 AM
Sand that is their point. You say we have better talent, but
none of the on field results point to that being the case.

We harp and harp on recruiting classes, but the guy who we say cant recruit is 4-1 vs us. Those are the facts.
Reply | Quote
Semper1
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
5889 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:07 AM
Re: There is really no way we can argue with them until our

jamieNjxn wrote: Your post is accurate, but the "attitude" must start from the top, with our administration down to the coaches. I am not sure we have complete "buy-in" from the leaders of our institution.

I agree.
Reply | Quote
RebelRick
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
5014 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:13 AM
Re: Sand that is their point. You say we have better talent, but
rankinreb wrote: none of the on field results point to that being the case.

We harp and harp on recruiting classes, but the guy who we say cant recruit is 4-1 vs us. Those are the facts.

Nutt's recruiting classes turned out to be mirages, he was 0-3 against him. Freeze's seem to be for real and he's 1-1 against them, so we'll see.
Reply | Quote
ATLREB83
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
863 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:14 AM
If they are satisfied with 6-6 in year 5, good for them!
Again they are only focused on Ole Miss and not the fact that it took an overtime win over a horrible Arkansas team(they should have lost) and an overtime win at home over Ole Miss(fluke fumble in the endzone) with no Jeff Scott, no Tunsil, no Johnson and a senior kicker having the worst night of his life, just to get to 6-6.

I know if we had not beaten LSU in 20 years, I would be in such a depression. There is not enough Paxil in the world to make me feel better.
Last edited Today 11:25 AM by ATLREB83
Reply | Quote
olemisschuck
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
5235 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:17 AM
Can We Please Throw The Nutless Years Out Of The
conversation? If anyone can't see we were a ship without a rutter, without a captain, and were taking in water fast, they are either blind, deaf, dumb, or all three.

Is there anyone here who doesn't feel our team is headed in a more positive direction than the LEGHUMPERS? Anyone? Anyone?
Reply | Quote
commonrebel
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
2425 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:32 AM
You want sanity and positive notions from this board?
You must be crazy. All kidding aside it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see changes are happening with Ole Miss football for the better and that MSU isn't moving ahead. No one will admit due to the fact they beat us last year. This year and years to come shall be different.
Reply | Quote
Sandcrab1
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
10269 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 12:34 PM
I believe you are right but we still will have to wait for a
couple more years before they crawl back in their holes. If we had won last year and then scorch them this year they would be lining up to throw bricks through *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* windows. As it is we still have a lot of work to do. We need to beat them at their place at least 3 times running and never lose at home to them for a long time.
Reply | Quote
jamieNjxn
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
2735 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 12:44 PM
Re: I believe you are right but we still will have to wait for a
Right now, we just need to hold serve at home. If we lose to them this year in Oxford, then Freeze is the coach who needs to be concerned.......

cheewgumm
04-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Freeze is in trouble if they can't win this year with all the talent they have.

Seriously...how is he not on the hot seat?

He needs 9 wins.

Dawgowar
04-13-2014, 01:23 PM
What is funny is that on one hand they state they need to beat us to move their program forward, develop a local killer instinct if you will. Then on the other they criticize us for doing that very thing. We are doing that and yes, happy to have a .500 record to get to a bowl game to keep it going. We now know a foundation has to be truly built season by season. I think their attitude is they are always a season or two of 'reloading' away from Vaught-like glory and respect. That TSUN myth that just does not exist apart from the state of Mississippi.

The probation and subsequent Croom era made us realize we had to build it. If what we are accomplishing is considered mediocre by others so be it. I really think Mullen has the right guys now for him to make this offense go. The year we have two solid WR options producing with a sound running game is the year we take the next step. That can happen. Our Defense is ready again. I have been at this long enough to not buy Kool-Aid, but more things favor us breaking through this season than any other in recent memory.

BulldogBear
04-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Fluke fumble in OT? No mention of no call fumble that would possibly negate need for OT? Or last year's usual gift TD at the half? At least our offense got in the endzone AT ALL during the regulation. There are bad breaks on our side too. I hate it when fans base outcomes on a break but don't mind that the reason the other team may have been in a position to need said break was due to an earlier bad break for them. In other words, the difference between a "fluke fumble" and a "forced fumble" should not be which side does the fumbling! Douchebags

Coach34
04-13-2014, 01:50 PM
They are hilarious

Their offense was unable to score a TD against us last year. They need to let that sink in and realize we have 19 of our top 22 back on defense

BulldogBear
04-13-2014, 01:53 PM
The premature Orvis MVP (hands down) is a perfect metaphor for really the whole dang dynamic between us and the Bearbel fan base. The get the accolades but we can do without. It's better to win the game than an award.

Offshore Dawg
04-13-2014, 02:01 PM
These self entitled, I can work for my diddie after I finish my tsun party degree, can go back to the plantation and suck a mule's dick in their fantasy land.

Coach34
04-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Whats also hilarious is how they are trying to discount the 3 Nutt losses. He only took them to back to back Cotton Bowls- but Mullen's wins over him suddenly "dont count"

4/5 bitches....4/5

Mullen beats them this November and they will lose their shit....Reverend Freezus better get ready

BulldogBear
04-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Whats also hilarious is how they are trying to discount the 3 Nutt losses. He only took them to back to back Cotton Bowls- but Mullen's wins over him suddenly "dont count"

4/5 bitches....4/5

Mullen beats them this November and they will lose their shit....Reverend Freezus better get ready

If he's 9-3 or something they won't can him of course but they will still be threatening it!

Original48
04-13-2014, 02:34 PM
The football game in Oxford is critical...for them. They lose that one that's 5/6 with them coming to starkville with a new QB and our new stadium for Dak's senior year. Freeze had BETTER figure out that egg bowl in Oxford or he's got a problem. Pressure is squarely on them.

CadaverDawg
04-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Haha, the OM fanbase must have the smallest IQ in the country. Do they not realize that they claim they nor their players "care" as much, yet they have an entire thread talking about how crucial beating MSU is? Attention Ole miss trolls.....read that thread and try to comprehend how stupid you sound, and then realize that is how everyone views you. Everybody is the country basically mocks you. They tell you how great your recruiting classes are, and then sit back with popcorn and enjoy watching those studs get beat and your fan base devour itself and it's coach.

We have beaten that ass 4 out of the last 5, and I can guarandamntee you that Freeze "cares". He will have to find a new church to preach at if it keeps happening, because he will no longer live in Oxford.

It is beyond hilarious watching their fans try and convince each other that they are heading the right direction, and they don't "care", when if you could look in to their minds, every damn one of em is freaking out like a little bitch because MSU totally owns that ass in football. OUR State, bitches. 4 out of 5. Drink it up baby, it goes down smooth.

Coach34
04-13-2014, 03:10 PM
What does it say about your program and your players if they go into a game "not caring if they win" enough????

blacklistedbully
04-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Coach, we all know it's always just been a smoke-screen, a weak attempt at extending their false sense of superiority. They think if they claim they "don't care as much", it's further proof they are better than we are. It's a bunch of baloney. I think it reeks of desperation.

Their egos, though self-inflated in the extreme, are also fragile, so there has to be an excuse for losing that still allows them to claim they are superior. So it's, "We're better, but we don't care as much, and State has to play over their heads to beat us".

M.Fillmore
04-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Why should an African-American kid bleed for that center of institutional racism? Every coach recruiting against them ought to print out the thread pinned to the top of this messageboard.

Martianlander
04-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Why should an African-American kid bleed for that center of institutional racism? Every coach recruiting against them ought to print out the thread pinned to the top of this messageboard.

This!!!!!

TrapGame
04-13-2014, 07:25 PM
They need to worry about Captain Bubble Screen getting a promotion to Major Interception this season.

BulldogBear
04-13-2014, 09:36 PM
They need to worry about Captain Bubble Screen getting a promotion to Major Interception this season.

Badumpbump!

TheRef
04-13-2014, 09:38 PM

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130916180156/saintseiya/es/images/4/45/Ba-dum-tss.jpg

War Machine Dawg
04-13-2014, 10:33 PM

Solid, 24K GOLD, Jerry!

War Machine Dawg
04-13-2014, 10:34 PM
My favorite part is the one reasonable Johnny in the thread who points out that on-field results don't back up the idea that they have more talent than us. Then he is promptly attacked by the BearShark congregation.

Todd4State
04-13-2014, 10:39 PM
My favorite part is the one reasonable Johnny in the thread who points out that on-field results don't back up the idea that they have more talent than us. Then he is promptly attacked by the BearShark congregation.

Exactly. Because that can't possibly be it.

messageboardsuperhero
04-13-2014, 10:44 PM
I don't care what any of you say- UM and their fans don't care about the Egg Bowl. They see it as just another game.***

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ole-miss-mississippi-state-egg-bowl-fined-5000-570x356.jpg
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/11/27/112712-Mississippi-Rebels-SW-PI_20121127123515946_660_320.JPG
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/slideshow/2012/11/taking-stock-of-rivalry-week-now-that-the-dust-has-settled/full/ole-miss-egg-bowl-2012-SEC-BCS-570x379.jpg

TheRef
04-13-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't care what any of you say- UM and their fans don't care about the Egg Bowl. They see it as just another game.***

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ole-miss-mississippi-state-egg-bowl-fined-5000-570x356.jpg
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/11/27/112712-Mississippi-Rebels-SW-PI_20121127123515946_660_320.JPG
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/slideshow/2012/11/taking-stock-of-rivalry-week-now-that-the-dust-has-settled/full/ole-miss-egg-bowl-2012-SEC-BCS-570x379.jpg

LSU is their REAL rival...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP8TgPwlXi0

CadaverDawg
04-13-2014, 10:49 PM

Celebrating out of love.

Keep telling yourselves you don't care, Rebels. Damn douchebags.

messageboardsuperhero
04-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Celebrating out of love.

Keep telling yourselves you don't care, Rebels. Damn douchebags.

Seriously though- looking at those pictures, who do they honestly think they're fooling? Considering the way people in Oxford behaved after the 2012 Egg Bowl, you'd think they'd just permanently throw that "it's just another game" excuse out the window, because it's obviously not true at all.

It truly is a case of "if I repeat this BS line enough times, it will eventually come true."

Todd4State
04-14-2014, 12:31 AM

Burned.

Statecoachingblows**
04-14-2014, 10:29 AM
I like that the fluke fumble was what won us the EB. May need to remind them that Bo-dilocks wasn't going in for the win when he had the ball stripped. Guess it worked out that our guys wanted to beat them more than they wanted to beat us**.

engie
04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
They don't actually believe that. They just revert to that party line because it rustles our jimmies.