PDA

View Full Version : BearSharks always finding something to bitch about. (taken from the Spirit)

Jacksondevildog
04-13-2014, 10:04 AM
scojack
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
1078 posts this site
Ignore this Member

MSU scammed me and my family yesterday! -Long-
Looking forward to a day of great college baseball with my 5-year old son and my 70-year old father, I purchased tickets to yesterday's game and traveled the two and a half hours to Starkghanistan to support my Rebs. Imagine my suprise when we arrive and are told there is no seating available inside the stadium. I spoke to three different people including the ticket manager who all kept saying that I had bought "general admission" tickets which are "first come, first served".

Note to MSU athletics officials: In the world outside of Starkville, General Admission means that you have a seat, just not an assigned seat. We were treated as if we had bought Standing Room Only tickets, which are not the same thing! The ticket office website should have said they were sold out of seats, but SRO tickets are available.

To make matters more confusing, when I purchased the tickets online earlier in the week, a row number and seat numbers were given on the computer screen, but did not show on the printed tickets! Oh and the "standing room only section at Dudy Noble is actually outside the stadium! Who in their right mind would knowingly buy a ticket to stand outside a stadium and watch a game on a big screen?!? A game that they could watch at home, no less! There were thousands of people there who paid to see the game, but couldn't get in the stadium! Their attendance record should have an asterisk by it.

Maybe this is standard operating procedure at MSU and maybe the Bulldog faithful are willing to put up with this. But, they ruined the day I had planned for my family. On Monday morning, I will be reporting this scam to the Attorney General's consumer protection division. What a pathetic excuse for putting on a sporting event! And I will be calling their ticket office to get my money refunded. If I am successful at that, at least they will have to reduce their record attendance by 3 people.

messageboardsuperhero
04-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Hopefully that guy's so mad that he never comes to another MSU sporting event in his life.

Saltydog
04-13-2014, 10:39 AM
and that our Athletic department appreciates the donation.

chainedup_Dawg
04-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Well, if he can effing read, the fact that general admissions tickets are first come first served is explained everywhere that you buy those tickets from. Guess he should've left the Klan meeting a little earlier!

LC Dawg
04-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I'll personally give him his money back if he'll guarantee that he or his Bear ilk never
set foot on our campus again.

BulldogBear
04-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Honestly I am SOMEWHAT sympathetic to the complaint but I've always understood that general admission means you're there but on your own as where you can find a seat or a place to lean or otherwise view the game. Get there early, etc. I know it sucks not to have a seat I know, but it's also kind of like showing up 10 minutes before liftoff and complaining that the "plane's still here right?" And then not understanding why they won't check you in let you get on.... you know, after door's closed and plane's about to start to taxi. That is unless it's SWA. They'll be glad to take your money and send you on to the checkpoint, knowing the door's closing in 30 seconds!

engie
04-13-2014, 11:23 AM
The guy actually thought he was going to get a "seat" yesterday?

Not only does he show ignorance on big MSU baseball weekends -- he obviously lacks experience with his own team and program as well.

missouridawg
04-13-2014, 11:24 AM
If you walked through the gate, you attended. That number ain't coming down, son.