PDA

View Full Version : Differences in the game.

Homedawg
04-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Besides the obvious that they scored more runs, there were a couple of differences. One, they hit doubles, not all were hard hit and they robbed Collins of one but they still hit doubles. Second, and if you were actually at the game, we hit as many hard hit balls or more than they did, they found holes, we didn't. Two examples Armstrong rocket to right for an out, rea liner to second for an out. Finding holes is a big difference. As bad as out offense has been, we didn't have many lazy fb or k's.

msstate7
04-11-2014, 09:49 PM
10 hits -- all singles. We have to bunch our hits and hope our the base runners don't run us out of the inning. This lineup has a lot of holes, but I blame rea. Rea has brought nothing and we count on him big time

RougeDawg
04-11-2014, 09:55 PM
10 hits -- all singles. We have to bunch our hits and hope our the base runners don't run us out of the inning. This lineup has a lot of holes, but I blame rea. Rea has brought nothing and we count on him big time

Don't blame Rea. It's not his fault no one has fixed his swing. His entire swing is disconnected and a decent hitting coach could fix is. It's also not Rea's fault that Renfroe is no longer in the lineup, giving him more fastballs to hit. We have no power threat and this team cannot hit off speed pitching. Once again goes back to mechanics and approach at two plate. Both teachable areas.

messageboardsuperhero
04-11-2014, 09:55 PM
We just badly need someone to come through and get a big hit in the clutch... It's painful to watch right now.

14 men reached base for us tonight- only one run scored. We also had one terrible unforced base running error tonight.

Somebody has just got to man up and put a ball in the gap with men on base. Msstate7 is right- we have far less gap power than I thought we did coming into the year. FAR LESS. And it doesn't help us that everything we've hit hard the last several games has been right at someone.

MarketingBully01
04-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Besides the obvious that they scored more runs, there were a couple of differences. One, they hit doubles, not all were hard hit and they robbed Collins of one but they still hit doubles. Second, and if you were actually at the game, we hit as many hard hit balls or more than they did, they found holes, we didn't. Two examples Armstrong rocket to right for an out, rea liner to second for an out. Finding holes is a big difference. As bad as out offense has been, we didn't have many lazy fb or k's.

Ahh, the ole "that's baseball' excuse. Did it ever occur to you that the second baseman was in the right spot for Rea because when guys are on base he takes the ball the other way? We hit balls hard for sure but they also did a great job scouting us as well. They were well positioned to make those plays. Also, Mitchell's slurve didn't break as well as it had been breaking the whole year either making it a 68 MPH BP pitch. We also ran ourselves out of innings and opportunities (CT's base running mistake at 3rd, Pirtle trying to stretch a single into a double). All in all a shitty performance by our team.

MarketingBully01
04-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Don't blame Rea. It's not his fault no one has fixed his swing. His entire swing is disconnected and a decent hitting coach could fix is. It's also not Rea's fault that Renfroe is no longer in the lineup, giving him more fastballs to hit. We have no power threat and this team cannot hit off speed pitching. Once again goes back to mechanics and approach at two plate. Both teachable areas.

They can't hit curve balls either. That LSU kid shut us down last Saturday throwing his curve ball 95% of the time. We just can't hit shit.

Homedawg
04-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Ahh, the ole "that's baseball' excuse. Did it ever occur to you that the second baseman was in the right spot for Rea because when guys are on base he takes the ball the other way? We hit balls hard for sure but they also did a great job scouting us as well. They were well positioned to make those plays. Also, Mitchell's slurve didn't break as well as it had been breaking the whole year either making it a 68 MPH BP pitch. We also ran ourselves out of innings and opportunities (CT's base running mistake at 3rd, Pirtle trying to stretch a single into a double). All in all a shitty performance by our team.

No. I didn't make the that's baseball excuse. I just watched the game. No shit scouting is a part of baseball but a seein eye grounder that scores a run for them was a missile by us that didn't. Rea hit it hard it didn't fall. Period. Armstrong smoked it it didn't fall period. They puked one in to right and it was a double was that bad scouting by us? Hell no. Fact is if you were at the game we hit a ton of hard balls. Sometimes they don't fall. Tonight they didn't. I will agree on the two base running blunders, awful on both counts. Pirtle's ended up not being a difference, the one w Bradford was or at least took us out of a chance to be huge.

maroonmania
04-11-2014, 10:32 PM

Another difference you didn't mention is we gave away multiple outs on the basepaths, OM didn't. They look much better coached at this point especially offensively.

Homedawg
04-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Actually I followed up on that in my last one. Yes we had two screw ups. Big ones. One hurt or could have hurt bad. The second which was stupid ended up not being a factor.

Coach34
04-12-2014, 09:30 AM
You're only as good as your Sr's and Jr's

Rea
Detz
CT being hurt and now making base running errors
Vickerson
Bracewell
Britton

thats why we are where we are

HereComesTheSpiral
04-12-2014, 09:40 AM
You're only as good as your Sr's and Jr's

Rea
Detz
CT being hurt and now making base running errors
Vickerson
Bracewell
Britton

thats why we are where we are

Maybe it is time to let the young guys have a chance because it looks like the season is going down like the titanic.

CJDAWG85
04-12-2014, 09:51 AM
It's all about timely hitting. We just can't get the clutch hit. We have 1st and 3rd, 0 out, with the top of the order up and Vickerson fouls out to the catcher.

MarketingBully01
04-12-2014, 09:59 AM
It's all about timely hitting. We just can't get the clutch hit. We have 1st and 3rd, 0 out, with the top of the order up and Vickerson fouls out to the catcher.

Vickerson needs to sit his ass on the bench. Will never happen though. He is not a lead off guy. Just isn't.

BulldogBear
04-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Another difference you didn't mention is we gave away multiple outs on the basepaths, OM didn't. They look much better coached at this point especially offensively.

Didn't get to watch or listen, but was at the USM game Tuesday. Was it as bad that night or worse? By which I mean base running.

CJDAWG85
04-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Detz is also not a 2 hole hitter. He benifitted of having Frazier in front of him and Renfroe behind him last year.

Pollodawg
04-12-2014, 10:40 AM
I think a tiny piece of my soul withers every time Candy Land beats us.

Will James
04-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Detz is also not a 2 hole hitter. He benifitted of having Frazier in front of him and Renfroe behind him last year.

That just doesn't logically make sense. With Frazier in front of him getting on all the time they wouldn't want to walk him to put someone on for Fro. And they wouldn't want to walk him anytime with a Renfroe behind him.

Coach34
04-12-2014, 11:37 AM
That just doesn't logically make sense. With Frazier in front of him getting on all the time they wouldn't want to walk him to put someone on for Fro. And they wouldn't want to walk him anytime with a Renfroe behind him.

but that's what he is saying- now that he doesn't have Frazier getting on ahead of him- Detz isn't seeing as many FB's and pitchers can work the black more on him. He's also facing pitchers in the wind-up a lot more as opposed to the stretch.