PDA

View Full Version : What in the Living 17 is up with out baseball team?

Bully13
04-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Has there ever been a team that won or played in the national tital game and just bend over the next season and accept this type of prison gang rape?

I've never seen a more anemic offense in college baseball in my entire life. why does this happen to my team that played for a natty last year?

This has to rank up in the top 5 worst collapses in the history of baseball.

Why in the living 17 it has to happen to us is beyond me. What in the living 17 did we do to have to deserve this type of abuse is beyond me.

division II would not be this bad offensively. This is the worst shit I've ever seen. If there are other examples someone could entertain me with, it would be greatly appreciated.

MetEdDawg
04-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Our approach is crap right now. We aren't doing baseball things.

Swinging way too early in the count on too many occasions, not getting guys over, striking out with RISP and not even putting the ball in play, base running errors. You name it, we aren't doing it. I still think this lineup is garbage in terms of its setup.

Pirtle should not be batting 4th. It's horse shit and I don't care what he's hitting. He's not a 4 hole hitter and he should NEVER be there ever. He's a 2 hole or 6 hole, maybe leadoff, MAYBE 5 hole. Sticking him behind Rea is limiting his effectiveness considerably. Vickerson still batting leadoff is pathetic. Hit the ball well tonight, but has no business batting lead off with Armstrong and Henderson both having OBPs over .400.

We just don't have any leaders right now. I said at the very beginning of the year that we would struggle because of our youth and inexperience and that we would look a lot like the football team. No leader, missing some experience and a few pieces. We have no power and no legitimate gap threat. We have nobody that scares you that you have to pitch around. You can go right after 1-9 in the lineup every night and take your chances. This team is gonna take it's lumps, but I'm hoping they mature and get the ship righted by te end of the year to get a 2 seed and make some postseason noise.

I would like a lineup of:

Armstrong
Pirtle
Detz
Rea
Henderson
Heck
Collins/Randolph
Vickerson
Britton

Dawgface
04-11-2014, 09:43 PM
We suck. Go play golf or something because this crap ain't worth watching.

Bully13
04-11-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm still waiting on another example of this type of cluster **** to make me feel better. If there are none, I understand. But I sure would like one at this point.

This shit is abusive and uncalled for.

Bothrops
04-11-2014, 10:15 PM
I knew we weren't very good after the first 3 weeks. I mean, we got dismantled out in Tucson, and then we bounce back, only to regress to this point. This OM team is better than Vandy, Lsu, Ark, and UGA, and they have an aggressive game approach. It will be hard to get one this weekend. Hopefully, we'll have some young guys that will emerge at some point soon,..hopefully!

HailState39110
04-12-2014, 07:14 AM
We are a border line regional team and nothing more. what is sad is we are 6-7 at this point and you need to be .500 or better in league play to make a regional. We did make it at 14-16 in Cohens 3rd season as a 3 seed in Atlanta but I'm sure we had a better non conference record too.

Saltydog
04-12-2014, 07:17 AM
His obp is not NEAR what it was last year and he's an automatic g/o to the right side. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention he's an every day SEC player batting .209.

Bucky Dog
04-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Britton is batting .080 in SEC games, .080!!!! I don't care how good his glove is he cannot be in the lineup. I'm going to say it again, Humphreys needs to be in the lineup and get swings because he can and will be a top average and run producer. He should be at third or first or DH. Cohen is not making the best decisions right now to score runs.

BulldogBear
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Britton is batting .080 in SEC games, .080!!!!

Egad, worse that I would've guessed. I'd rather some pitchers bat and DH for BRITTON.

MarketingBully01
04-12-2014, 11:25 AM
I knew we weren't very good after the first 3 weeks. I mean, we got dismantled out in Tucson, and then we bounce back, only to regress to this point. This OM team is better than Vandy, Lsu, Ark, and UGA, and they have an aggressive game approach. It will be hard to get one this weekend. Hopefully, we'll have some young guys that will emerge at some point soon,..hopefully!

Uh, I claim bull shit on claiming Ole Miss is better then Vandy and LSU. Before yesterday, this was a team that was 1-5 on the road in the SEC. If we have any pride or anything in us, we will win the next two. Mitchell just didn't have it yesterday. He was basically serving up glorified batting practice. I think Fitts will do better against their bats. Alabama swept Ole Miss after all as well.