PDA

View Full Version : It could have been OM in Omaha???

FFF
04-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Are you freakin kidding me? Our success eats at them like nothing else. It's like they think we are incapable of being better than them until we show everyone we are and then shit like this appears.

http://djournal.com/sports/rebels-us/

starkvegasdawg
04-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Are you freakin kidding me? Our success eats at them like nothing else. It's like they think we are incapable of being better than them until we show everyone we are and then shit like this appears.

And if a frog had wings...

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2014, 10:24 AM
If "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts, we all be having a Merry F(*&))(*) Christmas

mjh94
04-11-2014, 10:24 AM
when they quit thinking "that could have been us" and being *****s that poke their lips out, they might start winning more baseball games and winning the series that matter. i'm glad we have beard-growing, hamburger meat chest hair showing, dip slingin baseball players that are scared to get dirty and pissed when they lose instead of complain.

M.Fillmore
04-11-2014, 10:29 AM
And if a frog had wings...

If Crxxm hadn't lost so many games, he would have had a good record.

maroonmania
04-11-2014, 10:35 AM

Silly Webels, been saying that same thing "It could have been us in Omaha" since what, 1970 something?

jumbo
04-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Is there a more OM name than Sikes Orvis?

messageboardsuperhero
04-11-2014, 10:38 AM
"That could have been us in Omaha last year... We should have done that too... Hey, we were just as good as they were! Let's hang a banner!"

HereComesTheSpiral
04-11-2014, 10:57 AM
If my aunt had a dick, she would be my uncle.

DawgHouseUnited
04-11-2014, 10:57 AM
I can't really decide where to go with this one...

This is my first thought...
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/files/2010/02/So-Butt-Hurt.png

Then I thought about this...
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/658/437/aa1.jpg

But then I was like...
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/77/6f/f5/776ff5be0f929b771b8fe7814824bf30.jpg

Jacksondevildog
04-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Parish Alford wrote the article. He's a rebel fan and their beat writer. What did you expect?

CadaverDawg
04-11-2014, 11:07 AM
I didn't read the article, but sounds like their typical ***** selves. Bunch of little girls.

Bully13
04-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Whining about one run games is what someone does who knows nothing about baseball. Winning those defines those who are mentally tougher. The mentally tough advance while those who lack it stay or go home. There only consolidation is how close they were while not knowing how far they actually were.

smootness
04-11-2014, 11:30 AM
So since we went 16-14 in the SEC then went to the CWS, had they finished 16-14 in the SEC instead of 15-15, it would have been them in the CWS?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and should embarrass Ole Miss fans.

Pollodawg
04-11-2014, 11:32 AM
And MSU football could have played for a NC in 1999 if we hadn't lost three games. See what I did there? Anybody can do play this lame ass game.

smootness
04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
And MSU football could have played for a NC in 1999 if we hadn't lost three games. See what I did there? Anybody can do play this lame ass game.

Except that's actually logically accurate.

They're saying, 'If we had won one more SEC regular season game, we would have gone to the CWS'. It is both ridiculous and logically stupid.

Pollodawg
04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Except that's actually logically accurate.

They're saying, 'If we had won one more SEC regular season game, we would have gone to the CWS'. It is both ridiculous and logically stupid.

I see your point. I am just saying that everybody can play the "what if" game. But I also get the fact that if they had been truly good enough to be in Omaha, they would won their way to Omaha, just like we did. There are the logical what ifs, and there are the complete bullshit what ifs.

For example. Logial what if: "What if Bear Wilson had caught that pass on the sideline verses Bama and we would have only lost 20-14 instead of 20-7. Or if we had had Dak, we may have even won." That's logical.

Non-Logical: "What if I suddenly sprouted addemantium claws and became Wolverine."

AROB44
04-11-2014, 12:01 PM
I see your point. I am just saying that everybody can play the "what if" game. But I also get the fact that if they had been truly good enough to be in Omaha, they would won their way to Omaha, just like we did. There are the logical what ifs, and there are the complete bullshit what ifs.

For example. Logial what if: "What if Bear Wilson had caught that pass on the sideline verses Bama and we would have only lost 20-14 instead of 20-7. Or if we had had Dak, we may have even won." That's logical.

Non-Logical: "What if I suddenly sprouted addemantium claws and became Wolverine."

That sounds more logical than Ole Miss in Omaha !!

Thrill1
04-11-2014, 12:02 PM
It's incredibly sad how deep Parrish Alford has fallen into their red & blue sea. Parrish was our beat writer for the Daily Journal when I was at State (late 90s) and was just an aw shucks, down to earth guy from Monroe, La. I'm in favor of papers switching beat writers around, but the last 3-4 years of his writing has been unbearable. He simply is not the same person or journalist. And he's too far gone to ever be switched back to the MSU beat.

cbrunt29
04-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Is there a more OM name than Sikes Orvis?
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day

BogeyGolfer
04-11-2014, 12:18 PM
It's incredibly sad how deep Parrish Alford has fallen into their red & blue sea. Parrish was our beat writer for the Daily Journal when I was at State (late 90s) and was just an aw shucks, down to earth guy from Monroe, La. I'm in favor of papers switching beat writers around, but the last 3-4 years of his writing has been unbearable. He simply is not the same person or journalist. And he's too far gone to ever be switched back to the MSU beat.
I agree with this... No way should he ever cover State in the future. However, the article was just a play off of the fact they took the series from us. I think Vandy had the best team by far last year and didn't make it out of the regional so yeah it's kind of a stretch to say " that could've been us"...

BulldogBear
04-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Chip Removal? Bwahahahahahah

Todd4State
04-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Yes, they "could" have- but they didn't. Ultimately you get what you reap and you have to live with the results.

They beat us twice at home where they play much better typically. And people forget that the weather messed up our rotation and allowed them to pitch Bobby Wahl twice against us and because of when the delay happened, it also caused us to lose a turn at bat for a day. Then Gravaman had the worst day of the season in a game where we scored 8 runs.

Oh yeah- and we won the Governor's Cup in pretty convincing fashion last year as well to technically go 2-2 against them.

They were clearly as good as us last year.**

hacker
04-11-2014, 05:10 PM
The irony is that every time they write an article about it, someone in our fanbase gets upset or offended by it and posts it here.

Only when we start to ignore their sad, futile attempts to exist vicariously through us, will we truly be better than they are.