PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Plans

SpeckleDawg
04-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Anyone headed out on the water or in the woods this weekend?

I've got the boat hooked up and planning to hit the water early in BSL. I've got a serious itch for some trout. Fingers crossed on the wind forecast...

KennyPowers2
04-11-2014, 10:19 AM
I will be fishing a little open tournament at Little Black Creek up in purvis. Let us know how you do on the trout. I am getting pumped up for some trout action myself.

Johnson85
04-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Anyone headed out on the water or in the woods this weekend?

I've got the boat hooked up and planning to hit the water early in BSL. I've got a serious itch for some trout. Fingers crossed on the wind forecast...

Still waiting. Only have so many passes to use and don't like to deal with the wind this early.

BeastMan
04-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Hit the lake for a short bit today. Got 3 crappie but all throw backs. I might hit the coast Saturday but the wind looks horrendous. I just have the itch

SpeckleDawg
04-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Hit the lake for a short bit today. Got 3 crappie but all throw backs. I might hit the coast Saturday but the wind looks horrendous. I just have the itch

It sure does. I'm hoping to hit a few spots out front early and duck back into the East side of the bay when the wind picks up. That's assuming it's not already blowing like crazy at daylight.

BeastMan
04-11-2014, 02:26 PM
It sure does. I'm hoping to hit a few spots out front early and duck back into the East side of the bay when the wind picks up. That's assuming it's not already blowing like crazy at daylight.

I think I've all but decided that I'm gonna fish the bridge and a few of those reefs in the bay. It's a good time for white trout and ground mullet so I might fish the bottom. I'm not going to rule out the south bayou at cat but I don't want to get the hell beat out of me for 30 mins twice

SpeckleDawg
04-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Not much doing this morning. Only got 2 trout in the boat. Whole lotta wind and dirty water. It was still good to get out on the water for a few hours and feel a few trout head shakes.

Thought about fishing the bridges for sheepies and drum, but really wanted to find some trout.

BeastMan
04-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Not much doing this morning. Only got 2 trout in the boat. Whole lotta wind and dirty water. It was still good to get out on the water for a few hours and feel a few trout head shakes.

Thought about fishing the bridges for sheepies and drum, but really wanted to find some trout.

My dad went out this morning but I ended up having to work this a.m. No word from him yet on how he did. I'll be meeting him tonight and we'll be at it in the morning in BSL

Barking 13
04-13-2014, 07:43 PM
well, this afternoon I decided to get the boat wet. Get to the ramp, back in and the cranking battery dies... I hooked the winch back up, tied her back down and drove 20 minutes back home. I guess it was about time. That battery was manufactured in July 05. It came with the boat new...

I guess it worked out ok, full moon, wind blowing about 20, water high and looks like yoo hoo... but dangit I was going anyway.... oh well... got a drink and watched the Bo Jackson 30 for 30.. then did a little practice casting in the yard.....

KennyPowers2
04-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Well we had 5 small fish at little black and I basically got reminded why I never go to that damn place. I go about once every 3-4 years and it may be longer before I go back the next time. 32 boats fished and 10 pounds won the tournament. Thats bad. I fished out of my buddies boat and I caught 4 of the fish out of the back of the boat.

trob115
04-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Went and did a little catfishing this weekend. Set out a few lines on Friday and ran them Saturday morning. We did pretty well and caught a good many on jugs that morning too. Even made it to the baseball game unfortunately. We shoulda just stayed out there fishing

BeastMan
04-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Well we had 5 small fish at little black and I basically got reminded why I never go to that damn place. I go about once every 3-4 years and it may be longer before I go back the next time. 32 boats fished and 10 pounds won the tournament. Thats bad. I fished out of my buddies boat and I caught 4 of the fish out of the back of the boat.

forgive me for my ignorance but where is the little black? That isn't any relation to black creek is it?

BeastMan
04-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Our weekend haul ended up being 4 slot redfish, 2 rat reds, 1 gaftop, 1 croaker, and 1 eel. First time Ive ever seen an eel caught. Caught him the the marsh of the Jordan river. Wind was so bad we spent half the morning retreating from bridge, to back bay, to marsh. Probably the windiest day Ive ever went fishing on the coast. Terrible conditions but beat staying at home.

SpeckleDawg
04-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Our weekend haul ended up being 4 slot redfish, 2 rat reds, 1 gaftop, 1 croaker, and 1 eel. First time Ive ever seen an eel caught. Caught him the the marsh of the Jordan river. Wind was so bad we spent half the morning retreating from bridge, to back bay, to marsh. Probably the windiest day Ive ever went fishing on the coast. Terrible conditions but beat staying at home.

Nothing wrong with that at all, but those eels can have my hook. Nasty jokers.
I couldn't believe how windy it was this weekend. I didn't even think about getting out there Sunday.

KennyPowers2
04-15-2014, 07:07 AM
forgive me for my ignorance but where is the little black? That isn't any relation to black creek is it?

It is between Lumberton, MS and Purvis, MS. It use to be one of the Pat Harrison Waterway District Lakes (I despise Pat Harrison), until Lamar county got tired of putting up there yearly money and pulled out. Now a private guy has leased it for a bunch of years. Its just a horribel fishery for me at least. What lake are you going crappie fishing in?

BeastMan
04-15-2014, 09:30 AM
It is between Lumberton, MS and Purvis, MS. It use to be one of the Pat Harrison Waterway District Lakes (I despise Pat Harrison), until Lamar county got tired of putting up there yearly money and pulled out. Now a private guy has leased it for a bunch of years. Its just a horribel fishery for me at least. What lake are you going crappie fishing in?

Neighborhood lakes and the Rez