PDA

View Full Version : Beating the dead horse: New unis are "alternate" so what are the standard next year?

Lloyd Christmas
04-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Are the Maxi pad helmet and douche shoulder stripe here to stay? I assume this question was asked in some form or fashion at the revealing, but have not seen an answer as of yet.

CadaverDawg
04-10-2014, 05:08 PM
These better be the new standard

Dawg61
04-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Brace yourself for the return of the hideous legal banner

Lloyd Christmas
04-10-2014, 05:12 PM

God I hope you are wrong.

CadaverDawg
04-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Then Scott better brace himself for a bashing

BulldogBear
04-10-2014, 05:17 PM

Booooo Ssssssssss

ScoobaDawg
04-10-2014, 05:19 PM
These better be the new standard

These are only for USM game if you didn't know.

Drugdog
04-10-2014, 05:27 PM
YHGTBFK.

you have got to be f kidding

I say permanent uins because they showed the Baseball unis too.

ScoobaDawg
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
YHGTBFK.

you have got to be f kidding

I say permanent uins because they showed the Baseball unis too.

Incorrect. I asked that on Twitter and Bill Martin confirmed. It's also in one of the press releases from today somewhere

That baseball Jersey is for Saturday's game only also

Lloyd Christmas
04-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Then Scott better brace himself for a bashing

And hate email. One from me for sure. I would've been a massive dick when Adidas revealed the same ****ing uniforms for us as A&M. And then the trifecta of Maxi Pads were added for diversity. I have a feeling Scott said: "oh golly those are SHARP, definitely don't need a second opinion from someone younger and less wonky than me."

Ifyouonlyknew
04-10-2014, 05:50 PM
@DawgsBiteMag: We have some other combinations we can wear...and we always have something for that last weekend, per Mullen. Hint hint...

The way Mullen made it seem we do have some new uni's.

ScoobaDawg
04-10-2014, 05:56 PM
@DawgsBiteMag: We have some other combinations we can wear...and we always have something for that last weekend, per Mullen. Hint hint...

The way Mullen made it seem we do have some new uni's.

Oh no doubt there will be new uniforms. I would expect them revealed closer to the fall.
Adidas did note they are looking to further distinguish the two schools now that we are in the same division. Yea Yea what took them so long I know

Lloyd Christmas
04-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Oh no doubt there will be new uniforms. I would expect them revealed closer to the fall.
Adidas did note they are looking to further distinguish the two schools now that we are in the same division. Yea Yea what took them so long I know

It's quite obvious that the same "design team" created both ours and A&M's uniforms last year. I guess what pisses me off so much is that:

1. They were lazy as shit about their work
2. Obviously ignorant to the fact that we were in the same division as A&M (I have no idea how people who work for a sports apparel company don't know that shit)
3. Put out a mediocre product (at best)

If I made a similar public spectacle about my laziness, ignorance, and general lack of skill at my profession I would be fired.

preachermatt83
04-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I don't know why Uniform stuff don't really bother me either way.. I am usually a complainer but the uniform debate just doesn't matter to me.

PassInterference
04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I don't get the hate for the legal banner.

Scott had a great point that no other school writes "Mississippi" on their uniform. We are doing so to further our brand and our ownership of our state.

Dawg61
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
It's quite obvious that the same "design team" created both ours and A&M's uniforms last year. I guess what pisses me off so much is that:

1. They were lazy as shit about their work
2. Obviously ignorant to the fact that we were in the same division as A&M (I have no idea how people who work for a sports apparel company don't know that shit)
3. Put out a mediocre product (at best)

If I made a similar public spectacle about my laziness, ignorance, and general lack of skill at my profession I would be fired.

For the billionth time it's not the responsibility of Adidas to make sure we are separating ourselves from aTm. That falls on MSU!! The same Ath Dept that's so devoted to "establishing our brand" with the MState logo can't take 5 minutes out of any day in the last two years and ORDER DIFFERENT UNIFORMS. Not Adidas. MSU.

BulldogBear
04-10-2014, 08:30 PM

Good grief that scares me. If so I hope it's A&M that's gotta go with a different look. We've been "the maroon SEC team " (as a charter member) for 8 decades. Please don't have us out there in silver helmets and pants with our maroon jerseys with christmas ribbon for sleeve stripes.

Pollodawg
04-10-2014, 09:13 PM
I am pissed about it. But what the hell. I am not pissed enough to let it hurt my fandom. And no one else here is either. We'll just heave a collective sigh.......

esplanade91
04-10-2014, 09:26 PM
My only problem with Adidas' maxi pad design was they tried to pass it off to fans as "traditional jerseys" and nothing about MSU's tradition says stripe except for 2 times during our history when it was REALLY hard to be a fan.

A 10 second google search reveals that we did in fact wear stripes on our helmets at some point. A separate 10 second google search reveals we wre especially bad, even by MSU standards, when wearing them.

I would have been more okay with them had they been like "this is something new we're trying out" but they didn't... And I've never been able to get that out of my head since.

But we're talking about a European company based locally in the northwest who really has no other business relatively close to Starkville, MS, and we've never really dealt with them ever in anything other than basketball. I'm willing to give them a pass for transgressions made out of ingnorance in the infancy of our relationship. Especially when it comes to the SEC adding their other similar school unexpectedly. They apparently had our shitty ass uniforms (which would be less shitty if not for A&M) in the works for 18-24 months leading up to the unveiling. No surprise that it's been 18-24 months since we've found out A&M is joining our conference that we get new uni's.

BulldogBear
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I am pissed about it. But what the hell. I am not pissed enough to let it hurt my fandom. And no one else here is either. We'll just heave a collective sigh.......

...and mumble "Dragons is so stupid" or some other Yosemite Sam quote under our breath.

thunderclap
04-11-2014, 07:33 AM
My question is if these are alternate to celebrate 100 year thing, why didn't we go true throwback uniform? Something from our actual past?

TXDawg
04-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Bob C has a good video up on his Hail State blog (http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/) discussing the new deal and the new uniforms. He interviewed Stricklin and the head football guy from Adidas. Both make great points about balancing the uniform design to include what the young kids and coaches want while maintaining the tradition of the program and not upsetting the older alumni. It also sounds like we have a very strong relationship withe Adidas.

The discouraging part of the video, though, is that both Stricklin and the head Adidas guy are wearing maroon tops with HUGE white stripes on the sleeves. Leads me to believe that the stripes are here to stay.

smootness
04-11-2014, 08:11 AM
The discouraging part of the video, though, is that both Stricklin and the head Adidas guy are wearing maroon tops with HUGE white stripes on the sleeves. Leads me to believe that the stripes are here to stay.

The stripes are different, though. They don't look good, but they're not straight along the shoulder, so perhaps it's moving in the right direction.