PDA

View Full Version : Since we lost out on a game the first weekend because of the weather

bulldogcountry1
04-10-2014, 09:48 AM
We should cancel on Alcorn and schedule 2 against a high RPI team like Memphis, Dallas Baptist, Arkansas State, or UAB. We could even travel there if we have to. Even a split would be better than a win against Alcorn.

ScoobaDawg
04-10-2014, 09:52 AM
We can't just cancel the game. It would need to be rained out. Once a schedule is set it is set.
Playing a high rpi team would require them to also have an open game from a rainout open.

Furthermore, RPI from that one game isn't going to be that big of a deal. Taking care of business in the SEC where the RPI is strong IS.

rtdawg
04-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Its pretty tough to schedule a game against whoever you want in the middle of the year....

Saltydog
04-10-2014, 10:02 AM
never know.

engie
04-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Remember -- they can't surpass 56 games either -- so you'd have to find a team with a cancellation and an opening...

That said, I'd be great with getting Alcorn off the schedule and playing a road game at Memphis or Houston...

bulldogcountry1
04-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Remember -- they can't surpass 56 games either -- so you'd have to find a team with a cancellation and an opening...

That said, I'd be great with getting Alcorn off the schedule and playing a road game at Memphis or Houston...

We had 4 scheduled opening weekend and only played 3. Unless I missed something, we have one we can make up. We should definitely try to use that one on a good RPI team. I would scratch Memphis from that list. I see they play 3 against Alcorn coming up and have some other high RPI opponents. I look for their stock to drop.

We could play USM on May 5.

Edited - I misread about the opponent having had a cancellation. Looks like USM had 2 cancelled, but can't really tell if the had/will have makeups.