PDA

View Full Version : Moreland sends one deep to tie it up...

jimbo352
04-09-2014, 05:41 PM
In the 7th inning... rangers just hit a sac fly to take a one run lead.

That's his second clutch hit this year to tie or take the lead.

I bet Cohen wishes he had that power these days...

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Moreland in Texas is like 40 lbs heavier. Juice is strong in Texas. He has a ton of power now. He had good power at State but nothing close to what he's got now. We need his juice ingredients. And wood bats.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Wow Big Pappi with a 3 run BOMB to take the lead 4-2. That guy is unreal in Boston. He is HOF in my book. One of the most clutch hitters I've ever seen.

jimbo352
04-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Moreland isn't even close to 40lbs heavier than he was at State... He gained a lot of weight when he was called up(not good weight), but he has lost about 20 or so pounds over the past year. He showed some pretty good power as a 20 year old here. Didn't he have double digit HR's his senior year???

Funny you claim Moreland is on the juice while pumping up Big Pappi... That guy had average power at best the first 6 years of his career.. Joins Boston in 2002(peak of steroids) and started jacking bombs at an elite level. Moreland's numbers have been extremely consistent, and hasn't shown any spikes in power.

smootness
04-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Ortiz actually tested positive when MLB did their survey test in 2003, so it's more than just speculation with him.

jimbo352
04-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Ortiz actually tested positive when MLB did their survey test in 2003, so it's more than just speculation with him.

Oh, I know... Even without the positive test, it's pretty obvious he got into something...

I just thought it was funny he acted like Moreland had no power while at State, yet we don't have one single player on the team this year(or last year if you excluded Renfore) who would sniff Moreland's power as a senior... Hell, he could have jacked 10 bombs his junior year if he had the at bats...

Dawg61
04-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Oh, I know... Even without the positive test, it's pretty obvious he got into something...

I just thought it was funny he acted like Moreland had no power while at State, yet we don't have one single player on the team this year(or last year if you excluded Renfore) who would sniff Moreland's power as a senior... Hell, he could have jacked 10 bombs his junior year if he had the at bats...

Easy Mrs. Moreland. Different bats while he was here. He's gotten huge since his days here and I'm sure it's totally legit. Mitch is a super nice guy.

jimbo352
04-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Easy Mrs. Moreland. Different bats while he was here. He's gotten huge since his days here and I'm sure it's totally legit. Mitch is a super nice guy.

Yeah... Not really... Not any more than most players(who were drafted to add power) after 3 years in a MLB system... He's only 15+ lbs bigger than he was as a senior(definitely more muscle), but it's not like I've seen his progress... Rangers season tickets and all. You act like young guys drafted don't add any weight...

Sorry he banged your wife...

smootness
04-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, steroids has ruined everyone's evaluation of all things baseball. It's like people forgot that you actually can get stronger without them. Go look at pictures of Moreland at State and compare them to him now. He is ever so slightly bigger, certainly nowhere close to 40 pounds.

Majors42
04-10-2014, 12:41 PM
No the way the dude has just been lifting weights and eating right for the last 4-5 years. Because people that do that never get stronger

Dallas_Dawg
04-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Moreland didn't have a senior year here as I recall...
Glad he is doing well, hope he can keep it up. He is a great representative of our university and Monroe county.

jimbo352
04-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Moreland didn't have a senior year here as I recall...
Glad he is doing well, hope he can keep it up. He is a great representative of our university and Monroe county.

I thought he was here 4 years, but only played 3 statistically... I could definitely be wrong there.

Dawg61
04-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah... Not really... Not any more than most players(who were drafted to add power) after 3 years in a MLB system... He's only 15+ lbs bigger than he was as a senior(definitely more muscle), but it's not like I've seen his progress... Rangers season tickets and all. You act like young guys drafted don't add any weight...

Sorry he banged your wife...

Show me where I said he was on steroids. Cause I'm having trouble finding that post. I said he needs to share his juice ingredients with us because he's gotten significantly stronger. Then I said I'm sure it's totally legit followed up by saying he's a super nice guy. Moreland is hitting 480 foot bombs in Arlington with wood bats. I just want to know his secret for getting that strong. Again not saying it's steroids but not even Will Clark and Palmeiro possessed the strength to hit the massive shots that Moreland puts out and one of those guys lives has been ruined by steroids. Unless I'm forgetting someone or we are counting Palmeiro nobody in the history of MSU baseball has ever hit 480 foot MLB homeruns except one guy. Mitch Moreland.

His legs are freaking HUGE.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kfaxkCbScuk/TM3HEVlGJ1I/AAAAAAAAAGg/CwRt01L0Tdo/s1600/moreland3x-wide-community.jpg