PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another uniform thread but with questions we all want answers to:

Lloyd Christmas
04-09-2014, 02:24 PM
1. Will the jersey presented yesterday be the standard jersey now?
2. If no to the above, will we still be wearing the piece of shit banner jerseys and maxi pad helmets from last year as our standard unis?
3. Due to the NCAA getting all over Baylor about the "sic em bears" on their jerseys, is there any hope that we will keep the new jersey design the same but get rid of the "Hail State"?

codeDawg
04-09-2014, 02:36 PM
The only thing I have learned from all these conversations is that old white dudes on messages boards will only be happy when the uniform is exactly like Alabama's, only maroon.

dickiedawg
04-09-2014, 02:40 PM
1. We'll probably know for sure tomorrow, but I would assume these are the new standard. They aren't flashy enough to be a special
2. If no to above, I would imagine so.
3. I could easily see that. But all the rulings I saw referenced were from Basketball, so it may not be a football rule. They would be close to perfect if they just said "State." Or M-State**

dickiedawg
04-09-2014, 02:41 PM
The only thing I have learned from all these conversations is that old white dudes on messages boards will only be happy when the uniform is exactly like Alabama's, only maroon.

This is false. That's what our Russell uniforms were and folks hated them.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 02:50 PM
If the Hail State has to come off I'm putting in a vote for just MSU in small letters like FSU has.

http://helmetgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/fsu-florida-state-nike-pro-combat-football-uniforms-2012-helmet-glove-cleats-4.jpg

Pollodawg
04-09-2014, 02:53 PM
If the Hail State has to come off I'm putting in a vote for just MSU in small letters like FSU has.

http://helmetgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/fsu-florida-state-nike-pro-combat-football-uniforms-2012-helmet-glove-cleats-4.jpg

Those are my thoughts exactly. Just put MSU in block letters or something.

BulldogBear
04-09-2014, 02:59 PM

Can't. Picayune High School's already got that locked up.

deltadawg99
04-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Those are my thoughts exactly. Just put MSU in block letters or something.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hail State has been overused lately. Just MSU on the jersey would be great.

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I cant see anyway the NCAA lets us use Hail State on the front. Guess we will know the full story tomorrow.

Vandownbytheriver
04-09-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm all in favor of just having State on there. If we want to start a rebranding, let's just take State away from everyone else. Everyone i know including opposing fans just refer to us as State anyhow.

graphicBYdesign
04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
1. Seems like they will be the standard.
2. No clue, but that would suck.
3. There are separate rules for basketball and football uniforms. Basketball rules are much more strict (the NCAA is idiotic). Also, our eggbowl uniforms last season had Hail State on the front. I got my info from this Forbes article (http://http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop/2014/03/12/the-ncaa-rules-that-baylor-cannot-wear-sic-em-bears-uniforms-in-mens-basketball-postseason/)

smootness
04-09-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm all in favor of just having State on there. If we want to start a rebranding, let's just take State away from everyone else. Everyone i know including opposing fans just refer to us as State anyhow.

But every 'State' school is referred to by their own fans and opposing fans as just 'State'. I'm all in favor of just using 'State', but it shouldn't come as a surprise that in the interest of branding, our AD is trying to come up with something unique.

elitedawgs
04-09-2014, 04:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hail State has been overused lately. Just MSU on the jersey would be great.

I hope you guys like HAIL STATE, because it's our brand for eternity. In the world of billion dollar college football, you have to make yourself stand out with your brand. Sure, it's a non-profit deal (chuckle), but once they changed every single twitter account to @HAILSTATE_(sport) that guaranteed us that any version of interlocking "MSU" is gone most likely forever.

The school will be able to (and may already have) argue with the NCAA that this helps uniquely identify Mississippi State, so its not confused with Minnesota State, Michigan State, Missouri State, Maine State, Marijuana State or whatever.

gtowndawg
04-09-2014, 05:00 PM
I hope you guys like HAIL STATE, because it's our brand for eternity. In the world of billion dollar college football, you have to make yourself stand out with your brand. Sure, it's a non-profit deal (chuckle), but once they changed every single twitter account to @HAILSTATE_(sport) that guaranteed us that any version of interlocking "MSU" is gone most likely forever.

The school will be able to (and may already have) argue with the NCAA that this helps uniquely identify Mississippi State, so its not confused with Minnesota State, Michigan State, Missouri State, Maine State, Marijuana State or whatever.

This is what I've tried to drive at in 3 different threads. It's ours, it's here to stay and I for one think it's in our best interest to brand it now and forever.

CadaverDawg
04-09-2014, 05:01 PM
If nicknames aren't legal on unis, then Ole Miss should have to go too. They aren't Ole Miss U just like we aren't Hail State U

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 05:18 PM
If nicknames aren't legal on unis, then Ole Miss should have to go too. They aren't Ole Miss U just like we aren't Hail State U

Excellent point. I'd love nothing more than for them to be forced to take that shit off their uniforms. It's the biggest reason nobody can tell the two schools apart.

PassInterference
04-09-2014, 05:23 PM

Hell yes. OUTSTANDING point!

Raytoraid83
04-09-2014, 06:16 PM
1. I've heard they are just an alt uni

2. Unless more than one jersey is released tomorrow I think it will be same jersey

3. The hail state on front is fine by ncaa rules. See egg bowl jersey

Dirtbagdawg
04-09-2014, 08:59 PM
If we wear these new ones for 1 game against SMTTT I'm
Going to kick stricklin right in the dickbag. ****ing make them our
Permanent uniforms and add a road jersey and be done with it. The ones we have now are okay,
But you can't release a bad ass uni like they are doing tomorrow and wear them
For 1 game, and then go back to last years mediocre uni's. It's like
Giving a kid a bad ass toy and then taking it away the next day and
Giving him back his shit toy that he had. Another thing, stfu about the "hail state" on the
Front. Some of you would f'n whine about anything. It's called branding. The uniforms are bad ass period

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 09:01 PM
If we wear these new ones for 1 game against SMTTT I'm
Going to kick stricklin right in the dickbag. ****ing make them our
Permanent uniforms and add a road jersey and be done with it. The ones we have now are okay,
But you can't release a bad ass uni like they are doing tomorrow and wear them
For 1 game, and then go back to last years mediocre uni's. It's like
Giving a kid a bad ass toy and then taking it away the next day and
Giving him back his shit toy that he had. Another thing, stfu about the "hail state" on the
Front. Some of you would f'n whine about anything. It's called branding. The uniforms are bad ass period

You're trying too hard....chill out.

Obviously a lot of people disagree with you. Myself included.

archdog
04-09-2014, 09:45 PM
You're trying too hard....chill out.

Obviously a lot of people disagree with you. Myself included.

So.......how many other teams in our division will jave the same jersey and same color this time? This better be our jersey and no one elses.

BulldogBear
04-09-2014, 09:48 PM
I just noticed the shoes. Not sure I'm crazy about them. Makes me think of those Black and White 1950s shoes.

preachermatt83
04-09-2014, 10:30 PM

Cadaver... you are on to something.. If it happens that we have to remove Hail State then our Administration should get to work on this.. Boom Cadaver, you are showing some brilliance!!

Pollodawg
04-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Actually, I really hope those are permanent. It's beyond stupid to design a brand new uni for one game against a conference USA team that has one once in the last two seasons. If those aren't our permanent unis, I will be dissappointed.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Cadaver... you are on to something.. If it happens that we have to remove Hail State then our Administration should get to work on this.. Boom Cadaver, you are showing some brilliance!!

Somehow I don't think taking on a school full of lawyer alumni and students over removing the name Ole Miss from existence is a very good idea. And as much as I hate that they use Ole Miss because it causes serious confusion I can take solace in knowing that the continued use of Ole Miss keeps that school down in the eyes and minds of the rest of the nation. Remove the name Ole Miss from that school and I'm happy. Keep using Ole Miss and I'm happy. Can't lose. Throw a party in the Grooooooooooooooveeee.

Pollodawg
04-10-2014, 12:30 PM
So, what was the verdict? Are they they new permanent unis or what? Anybody know?