PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 scores of interest from tonight so far

State82
04-08-2014, 10:26 PM
#24 Florida beat #2 FSU 8-0. UNO beat #3 ULL 8-7. #21 Rice beat #9 Texas 7-2. UGA beat #13 Clemson 6-2. Morehead State beat #17 UK 6-4. UM beat Memphis 9-1.

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I'll say this again...

Please put us as the 2 seed in Louisiana-Lafayette's Regional if we don't host. We could easily turn in to a National Seed by beating host ULL and end up with an easier road to Omaha.

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I'll say this again...

Please put us as the 2 seed in Louisiana-Lafayette's Regional if we don't host. We could easily turn in to a National Seed by beating host ULL and end up with an easier road to Omaha.

Wouldn't we have to travel to the #14 seed (I realize there's only 8 #1's) winner's site assuming they win their regional? I doubt we host the SR by stealing ULL's spot. Wouldn't we rather face ULL in the Super Regional? Not disagreeing with you really just needs more discussion I think.

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't we have to travel to the #14 seed (I realize there's only 8 #1's) winner's site assuming they win their regional? I doubt we host the SR by stealing ULL's spot. Wouldn't we rather face ULL in the Super Regional? Not disagreeing with you really just needs more discussion I think.

I thought the winner of the National Seed's regional automatically hosted, but I may be wrong. If a non National seeded #1 wins, then they may have the host if that were to happen...good question. I honestly don't know the answer. But either way, we'd end up with a better matchup in a Super, because it wouldn't be a national seed. I'd rather play the national Seed first if we're a 2 seed...especially if that seed is ULL. I know theyre good, but they are not #3 in the country good

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 10:46 PM
I thought the winner of the National Seed's regional automatically hosted, but I may be wrong. If a non National seeded #1 wins, then they may have the host if that were to happen...good question. I honestly don't know the answer. But either way, we'd end up with a better matchup in a Super, because it wouldn't be a national seed. I'd rather play the national Seed first if we're a 2 seed...especially if that seed is ULL. I know theyre good, but they are not #3 in the country good

Shirley a top 8 national seed has lost in a regional before. Where did the winner of that series play in the SR? Anyone care to look it up? I'll look too

preachermatt83
04-08-2014, 10:46 PM
right now, ULL would beat us like we stole something.

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 10:52 PM
#2 seed Rice beat Oregon and #2 seed Oklahoma beat VTech last year. Both Rice and Oklahoma had to play at the other #1 seed winners place (NCState, LSU). So unless the other regional also has an upset we'd still be traveling. ULL @ULL in a SR might not be a good idea. It'd be the ****ing World Series and Mardi Gras wrapped in one at their shit box stadium. Those crazy drunk Cajuns would be ROWDY!! Might be fun though

Homedawg
04-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Shirley a top 8 national seed has lost in a regional before. Where did the winner of that series play in the SR? Anyone care to look it up? I'll look too

You are right. If a 2 seed wins a regional against a national seed then the only way they would host is -the #1 seed they were faced to play lost and we were awarded the super over the winner of that region. Just like 2007. That's something lt actually helped us with whether people want to admit it or not. Bc we should have gone to Clemson. Imo

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 10:58 PM
You are right. If a 2 seed wins a regional against a national seed then the only way they would host is -the #1 seed they were faced to play lost and we were awarded the super over the winner of that region. Just like 2007. That's something lt actually helped us with whether people want to admit it or not. Bc we should have gone to Clemson. Imo

Ha Clemson got us back with Brick Ray.**

smootness
04-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Yeah, you definitely don't 'steal' the national seed. The host of the SR is determined after the regionals are played. Obviously if the national seed wins, they host the SR. But if they lose, the team who won that region will likely only host the SR if a seed no higher than them wins the other regional.

So if we were a 2, no matter which region, and won we wouldn't host if the top seed won the other region. If a 2 or 3 seed won the other region, we could host but nothing would be automatic at that point.