PDA

View Full Version : Somebody...ANYBODY....

preachermatt83
04-08-2014, 10:09 PM
please explain why Gavin Collins is not our main catcher??? I just don't get it. He can hit, he has power, he is decent blocking the ball up and has one of the quickest releases Ive ever seen. It just makes zero sense!

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Same reason Vickerson Dh'd and Henderson rides pine. #Cohening

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 10:24 PM
And Donkey continues to not only play, but to bat in the 3/4 hole while sucking

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 10:27 PM
It is an absolute travesty that we can be this bad offensively, and STILL can't get Humphreys and/or Garner in the lineup...AND that we continue seeing Randolph between the white lines at Dudy Noble.

#Cohening

BeardoMSU
04-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I must say, I trust our coaching staff, but I'm quite bewildered by our seemingly erratic roster choices.

#Simple-Jack-esque

http://media.portable.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Rainman.gif

AlSwearengen
04-08-2014, 10:34 PM
did vickerson get a hit tonight?

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 10:50 PM
please explain why Gavin Collins is not our main catcher??? I just don't get it. He can hit, he has power, he is decent blocking the ball up and has one of the quickest releases Ive ever seen. It just makes zero sense!

I mostly agree but please note the airball into right field foul territory on dropped strike 3

Todd4State
04-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Watching Collins tonight confirmed some of my suspicions as to why he is not playing. He is without question the most talented catcher on the roster, but several times tonight he and every pitcher we threw tonight were not on the same page at times. I think Collins hides some of those cross ups because he is athletic enough to catch whatever they throw most of the time any way- but you could tell that there were some communication issues.

That will get better with time as he and our pitchers become more familiar with each other.

That said, I was really impressed with his leadership especially considering he is a freshman.

State82
04-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Well, it was a W, it was a W against a Top 100 RPI team (USM was 71), and it was pitched well. I will leave it at that.

Todd4State
04-08-2014, 10:53 PM
I mostly agree but please note the airball into right field foul territory on dropped strike 3

That and he let a ball go between the wickets once. I think he rushed that throw that you are talking about and short armed it. Freshman mistake. I can live with that compared to what the other catchers bring to the table.

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Well, it was a W, it was a W against a Top 100 RPI team (USM was 71), and it was pitched well. I will leave it at that.

No doubt. A win we needed

bulldogcountry1
04-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Watching Collins tonight confirmed some of my suspicions as to why he is not playing. He is without question the most talented catcher on the roster, but several times tonight he and every pitcher we threw tonight were not on the same page at times. I think Collins hides some of those cross ups because he is athletic enough to catch whatever they throw most of the time any way- but you could tell that there were some communication issues.

That will get better with time as he and our pitchers become more familiar with each other.

That said, I was really impressed with his leadership especially considering he is a freshman.

Yeah, he makes some mistakes at times, but his abilites can more than make up for it. He can do things than Randolph can never do, like throw out runners, and hit doubles. Randolph shouldn't get another weekend start. That said, I bet he catches 2 out of 3 this weekend.

slickdawg
04-09-2014, 07:18 AM
did vickerson get a hit tonight?

By a pitch, that's about as close as he got.

C222
04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Does #Cohening mean playing for a National Championship?

TheDogFather
04-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, he makes some mistakes at times, but his abilites can more than make up for it. He can do things than Randolph can never do, like throw out runners, and hit doubles. Randolph shouldn't get another weekend start. That said, I bet he catches 2 out of 3 this weekend.

Mistakes > abilities

This debate is beginning to sound familiar (JRob vs Perk)

bulldogcountry1
04-09-2014, 09:09 AM
It's not as if Randolph is without mistakes.

Batting average:
C: .306
R: .260

Slugging:
C: .449
R: .260

OBP:
C: .375
R: .310

Stolen Bases against:
C: .556
R: .944

This stat alone should be enough. In an equal number of attempts, Collins has eliminated 7 more runners with his abilities.

preachermatt83
04-09-2014, 10:18 PM

that's a stupid argument. We are not saying Cohen sucks or anything but anybody with half a brain will agree he does some things that make zero sense.... Oh Gene Chizik played for a National Championship too.

CadaverDawg
04-09-2014, 10:21 PM
that's a stupid argument. We are not saying Cohen sucks or anything but anybody with half a brain will agree he does some things that make zero sense.... Oh Gene Chizik played for a National Championship too.

Good point.

CadaverDawg
04-09-2014, 10:22 PM

Be careful, your boy C34 came up with the term #Cohening I believe. Wouldn't want him to think you disagree with something he says