PDA

View Full Version : I love Ole Miss posters

Coach34
04-08-2014, 08:18 PM
compliments of Henry Jones Jr of SECRant:

"Meh. Jeff Scott and Brunetti aren't huge losses. Moncrief hurts a little but with the receivers we have, we won't miss a beat. Our offense will be better this year."

You're not going to miss the guy that won you an SEC road game by himself vs Vandy, your 2 leading WR's yardage-wise- one of them being drafted in the top 3 rounds, and 3 starting offensive linemen? Okkkkkkkkk

esplanade91
04-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I guess I didn't realize ole Barry graduated. Backup QB has to be a concern for their fans, even if they don't want to lead on that it is.

Maroons
04-08-2014, 08:51 PM
They are one injury away from being horrendous on the OL.

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Wow I just checked some mock drafts and they have Moncrief going ahead of Jarvis Landry and Kelvin Benjamin. Moncrief ain't that good.

Coach34
04-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Moncrief is pretty damn good- and Ole Miss will find out they aren't just going to replace him that easy

Pollodawg
04-08-2014, 09:44 PM
That's sort of like a gaggie fan saying that they won't miss a beat without JFF.

esplanade91
04-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Moncrief is pretty damn good- and Ole Miss will find out they aren't just going to replace him that easy

Probably their best NFL prospect since Hardy, except it won't take Moncrief 20 years to come into his own.

He shored up a lot of their inabilities last season. One of the few Rebels I can respect. Always seemed to do the things the right way. Deserves what he's about to get.

Pollodawg
04-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Probably their best NFL prospect since Hardy, except it won't take Moncrief 20 years to come into his own.

He shored up a lot of their inabilities last season. One of the few Rebels I can respect. Always seemed to do the things the right way. Deserves what he's about to get.

We'll see what they do when people bracket Treadwell now that they don't have to worry about Moncrief......

msstate7
04-08-2014, 09:49 PM

Better than mike Wallace? Wallace is one fast dude

chef dixon
04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Have to agree with that poster on Scott. He kinda sucked. Had a couple good games, disappears against the big boys.

BeardoMSU
04-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Why are we complaining about this? Watching their shit-show of a fan base pull their hair out with every lofty (and undeserved) expectation left unmet is a rewarding side note to kicking their ass every year. 17 those douche-bags.

BeardoMSU
04-08-2014, 10:41 PM
I don't know if I respect him as a player, but I definitely respect his talent. I really hated having to watch him talk shit to our Jim Thorpe Award winner who was forced to sit back in a soft zone by our full retard D-coordinator. Good for you, 'Crief...you got us.

OM fans saying they will be better next year is comical. Ok, lets just break this down: 2013 you had 2 legit stud WR's, one taking pressure off the other. 2014 you will have 1 stud WR, who will be on the receiving end of a lot of DB's layin' some serious wood. Good luck.

Homedawg
04-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Wow I just checked some mock drafts and they have Moncrief going ahead of Jarvis Landry and Kelvin Benjamin. Moncrief ain't that good.

What? He is a stud. And I'm being serious. Bookmark it bc I hope he sucks, but he has all the tools to be a good we in the nfl.

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 10:55 PM
What? He is a stud. And I'm being serious. Bookmark it bc I hope he sucks, but he has all the tools to be a good we in the nfl.

Bookmarked. Moncrief shouldn't go ahead of Landry and Benjamin imo. Jarvis Landry is NASTY!!

thf24
04-09-2014, 06:56 AM

If I remember right, Moncrief's 40 at the combine was pretty close to Wallace's.

shoeless joe
04-09-2014, 07:11 AM
I hope the saints pick him...

Coach34
04-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Have to agree with that poster on Scott. He kinda sucked. Had a couple good games, disappears against the big boys.

A lot of that had to do with their OL getting crushed. Shit, Bama played them with only 5 in the box and they still couldn't run. Say what you want about Scott- they don't beat Vandy without him

smootness
04-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Bookmarked. Moncrief shouldn't go ahead of Landry and Benjamin imo. Jarvis Landry is NASTY!!

Moncrief is a stud. The fact that he didn't torch people is an indictment of Bo Wallace and the offense, not Moncrief.

Saltydog
04-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Every Rebel I've talked to salivates over this guy. One thing is for sure, he doesn't have any size. He's 6'00" and some have indicated he's not that tall. However, he is taller than Tyson Lee. Then they have that fat ass Liggins who they apparently are going to use in goaline situations.

PassInterference
04-09-2014, 08:32 AM
But.... This is Hugh's 1st year with 85 players. And Bo is healthy for the first time.

New year, same excuses and false hope.

slickdawg
04-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Moncrief didn't get fed much last year for two reasons:

1) Wallace was hurt and couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards a few times a game.

2) Laquon's arrangement was to start and be fed. Coupled with 1 above, there's your reason for a gazillion bubble screens last season.

slickdawg
04-09-2014, 09:06 AM
But.... This is Hugh's 1st year with 85 players. And Bo is healthy for the first time.

Hugh will always poor mouth and subtract the guys redshirting. So it will be "shucks, we only have 60-70 guys playing, they have 85"

msstate7
04-09-2014, 09:07 AM
If I remember right, Moncrief's 40 at the combine was pretty close to Wallace's.

Pretty close. DM was 4.4 official. MW was 4.33 official

Pollodawg
04-09-2014, 09:13 AM
As far as all the "Bo is healthy" crap, if he wasn't better by the start of last season, how much better can he be at this point, especially after another season of getting hammered.

Coach34
04-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Hugh will always poor mouth and subtract the guys redshirting. So it will be "shucks, we only have 60-70 guys playing, they have 85"

The way he got their fans to buy into "they only had 60 players" crap was impressive.

Coach34
04-09-2014, 09:17 AM
As far as all the "Bo is healthy" crap, if he wasn't better by the start of last season, how much better can he be at this point, especially after another season of getting hammered.

his arm is probably a little stronger this year- but it still won't be "good"

esplanade91
04-09-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm not on the Wallace bandwagon, and I say that as a Saints fan, not MSU fan.

Hardy is a Pro Bowl quality DE, and I think Moncrief can be that guy too. Wallace is in the tier right behind those guys, but if he has another season like this past one, forget it. I think it's telling when a franchise doesn't even try to retain a 1,000 yard receiver like the Steelers did.

Pollodawg
04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
his arm is probably a little stronger this year- but it still won't be "good"

Lets be honest, his arm was never a rocket to start with.

HancockCountyDog
04-09-2014, 09:32 AM

He had two good games - he didn't play in 5 games last year and according to ESPN had 30 carries after the Texas game last year. They won't miss Brunetti either.

They will miss Moncrief - but to be honest, I thought he had alligator arms and looked to run out of bounds and didn't look for contact. ROJO ran flat over DB's after catching the ball, Moncrief looked for the sideline.

They will miss Logan a bunch though. Most of the OL that graduated were garbage, I will miss those big slow white OL. So will our DL.

thedawg
04-09-2014, 09:33 AM
They are idiots but in the spirit of fairness we have done this too... Like right now alot of people have convinced themselves there wont be much drop off between Gabe Jackson and Jamal Clayborn... The best one of all time was the idiot Ole Miss fans that said a juco guy Tony Fein would be as good or better than Patrick Willis.

Coach34
04-09-2014, 09:38 AM
No- there will be some drop between Gabe and Clayborn- but Clayborn will be every bit as good as Gabe was as a Soph

thedawg
04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Thats fair

msstate7
04-09-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm not on the Wallace bandwagon, and I say that as a Saints fan, not MSU fan.

Hardy is a Pro Bowl quality DE, and I think Moncrief can be that guy too. Wallace is in the tier right behind those guys, but if he has another season like this past one, forget it. I think it's telling when a franchise doesn't even try to retain a 1,000 yard receiver like the Steelers did.

Antonio brown made that decision easier.

msstate7
04-09-2014, 09:55 AM
He had two good games - he didn't play in 5 games last year and according to ESPN had 30 carries after the Texas game last year. They won't miss Brunetti either.

They will miss Moncrief - but to be honest, I thought he had alligator arms and looked to run out of bounds and didn't look for contact. ROJO ran flat over DB's after catching the ball, Moncrief looked for the sideline.

They will miss Logan a bunch though. Most of the OL that graduated were garbage, I will miss those big slow white OL. So will our DL.

R Johnson wasn't exactly sure handed either. He needs to step it up this year

smootness
04-09-2014, 10:18 AM
The way he got their fans to buy into "they only had 60 players" crap was impressive.

Why would that be a problem anyway? It's obviously a big disadvantage if you only have 60 roster spots because you can't bring in as many freshmen or redshirt them, so it's more difficult to build and sustain success.

But having only 60 players available to play for one season? That isn't a disadvantage. Nobody is beating you because of 61-65 on their roster.

HancockCountyDog
04-09-2014, 10:58 AM
R Johnson wasn't exactly sure handed either. He needs to step it up this year

I agree about hands, but you didn't see ROJO running out of bounds to avoid contact. In fact, you saw the opposite. He looked for contact. Moncrief looked for the sideline.

msstate7
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
I agree about hands, but you didn't see ROJO running out of bounds to avoid contact. In fact, you saw the opposite. He looked for contact. Moncrief looked for the sideline.

Oh I love his physicality. Just wanna see him use it more

Jack Lambert
04-09-2014, 11:55 AM

I think he has more raw under developed up side then a lot of guys. I just don't think he was well coached at Ole Miss. I think who ever drafts him will not lose.

blacklistedbully
04-09-2014, 12:35 PM

Correction, Captain Bubble Screen is healthy for the first time since he lead the SEC in INT's. Last time CBS was healthy and could throw downfield, he completed a ton of them to the other team's DB.

Will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out this year.

esplanade91
04-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm ok with a receiver stepping out when we're talking about a first down either way and we're arguing over 2 yards. These receivers take beatings, and they're not good to us if they can't play.

Truth is, RoJo's aggressiveness kind of scares me. We've got other receivers, but if he gets concussed or breaks/tears something because he wanted to make the DB feel it instead of going down, we all of a sudden become very inexperienced at WR. There's also the catch and fumbles like that in the Liberty.

If it's at the line of scrimmage or a 1st down/TD situation... Different.

I love a receiver with a nasty streak. Moncrief seems to be one of those that can turn it on and off. UM is going to miss him.

BeastMan
04-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Mathers>Scott
Treadwell>Moncrief

Backup QB is a concern but at least 1 of the 2 redshirted should be serviceable. We can sit here and argue about what skill players OM is losing and how much impact they had but the #1, undeniable key for their offense is health & stability of the OL and QB. If they can avoid bad luck at those 2 positions, I believe they can be a better unit in 2014. Losing Moncrief will sting but I'm talking the totality of the unit.

It's really the exact same story for MSU

BulldogBear
04-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Here's my Rebel gem of the day by winnifred:

"Personally, I love this. I hope they recieve TONS of hype before the season and we get little to none. They will "believe" that Dak is winning the heisman and it all just sets up beautifully when they come to Oxford. Plus, I may do a better job than Jessie Palmer at what he does...which is not saying a whole lot."

As if State will be the one getting tons of hype while the school at the football capitol of lafayette county (edited from "of the world") will get little to none. It's sad when you see the ones that really don't realize Ole Miss is a huge hype machine.

Dawgowar
04-09-2014, 05:22 PM

I will give Moncrief my ultimate compliment - love to see the Cowboys pick him up. That said, when he is gone opposing teams can shift their coverages a bit differently. Even when he wasn't getting the ball he had to be accounted for.

Coach34
04-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Mathers>Scott
Treadwell>Moncrief

Mathers is better than Scott overall- but Mathers doesnt have the game-breaking speed and shiftiness that Scott had to win them the Vandy game. So you lose some HR ability with Mathers that you had with Scott.

I also agree that Treadwell is more polished and has more top end talent than Moncrief- BUT- Treadwell no longer has a 2nd-3rd round draft pick to help take coverage pressure off him. Losing Moncrief and Logan makes their overall WR group worse than it was last year. I dont see how anybody can say different

Johnkenn
04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I sucked Yancy's dick in the backseat of a school bus

chainedup_Dawg
04-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I sucked Yancy's dick in the backseat of a school bus

Damn coach, you owe me beer on that one!

chainedup_Dawg
04-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Mathers is better than Scott overall- but Mathers doesnt have the game-breaking speed and shiftiness that Scott had to win them the Vandy game. So you lose some HR ability with Mathers that you had with Scott.

I also agree that Treadwell is more polished and has more top end talent than Moncrief- BUT- Treadwell no longer has a 2nd-3rd round draft pick to help take coverage pressure off him. Losing Moncrief and Logan makes their overall WR group worse than it was last year. I dont see how anybody can say different

That's what they are not accounting for. DBs had to account for Moncrief and Logan as well because they had the ability to spread and burn you. Now, they essentially have Treadwell as their lone wr threat. Just how many yards do they think those bubble screens are going to gain them when DBs are keying on him and essentially only him.