PDA

View Full Version : New Uniform Picture

Lloyd Christmas
04-06-2014, 01:57 AM
Done with the weird stripe and lack of creativity i.e. being nearly identical to A&M.

Brad Stevens
04-06-2014, 08:23 AM
If you're asking about football, I have been told we have new ones for the first game. There are pictures, but I have not seen them. I also don't know if it's a one-game jersey like the egg bowl ones, or if we are revealing new ones at the first game. The two people I've talked to say they like them a lot.

Todd4State
04-06-2014, 09:14 AM
If you're asking about football, I have been told we have new ones for the first game. There are pictures, but I have not seen them. I also don't know if it's a one-game jersey like the egg bowl ones, or if we are revealing new ones at the first game. The two people I've talked to say they like them a lot.

I hope the two people that you talked to that say that they like them aren't Stricklin and someone else that works for MSU in the AD.

If we use the Egg Bowl uniforms, the gold would probably confuse USM.

HoopsDawg
04-06-2014, 09:35 AM
I hope the two people that you talked to that say that they like them aren't Stricklin and someone else that works for MSU in the AD.

I'd rather wear the egg bowl tech fit uniforms, minus the gold, than our standard ones.

thunderclap
04-06-2014, 10:22 AM
The thing to do is follow A&M and see if they are getting redesigns.

Todd4State
04-06-2014, 12:09 PM
I'd rather wear the egg bowl tech fit uniforms, minus the gold, than our standard ones.

I would too. The Egg Bowl uniforms were the best we wore last year.

Pollodawg
04-06-2014, 12:12 PM
The new ones have kind of grown on me now. I would just eliminate the stripe on the helmet and make the face mask white.

BulldogBear
04-06-2014, 12:16 PM
The new ones have kind of grown on me now. I would just eliminate the stripe on the helmet and make the face mask white.

This^

...at least dump the stripe. It's way too big. Makes the helmet look "power-rangery"

PassInterference
04-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Our uniforms have a fever. And the only prescription is more winning.

BulldogBear
04-06-2014, 01:09 PM
I know it's a dead horse but I still wish

<THIS

was our helmet

War Machine Dawg
04-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Honestly, I think the maroon top for the home jerseys looks fine. But the road jerseys, and especially the damn helmet stripe, need to go. They suck more than a Tijuana hooker.

NCDawg
04-06-2014, 02:42 PM
This^

...at least dump the stripe. It's way too big. Makes the helmet look "power-rangery"

Also dump the stupid looking band-aid stripe on the sleeves.

Offshore Dawg
04-06-2014, 02:50 PM
It was my understanding that the stripe was a reflection of the banner theme on the MSU logo.

DanDority
04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Honestly, I think the maroon top for the home jerseys looks fine. But the road jerseys, and especially the damn helmet stripe, need to go. They suck more than a Tijuana hooker.

This!This!This!This!!!!!!!!

Todd4State
04-06-2014, 03:38 PM
It was my understanding that the stripe was a reflection of the banner theme on the MSU logo.

Banner theme? (FACEPALM)

HoopsDawg
04-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Banner theme? (FACEPALM)

That is correct. That was adidas' explanation. I don't know what the theme was for A&M.

Brad Stevens
04-06-2014, 05:05 PM

For clarification, I don't think they are the egg bowl ones, so shouldn't have gold. The guys I talked to say they are more traditional. One said there were a couple things he didn't love about them, but that he likes them way better than last year's version. I realize this is of little help, but passing on the little inside information I have haha.

NCDawg
04-06-2014, 05:13 PM
For clarification, I don't think they are the egg bowl ones, so shouldn't have gold. The guys I talked to say they are more traditional. One said there were a couple things he didn't love about them, but that he likes them way better than last year's version. I realize this is of little help, but passing on the little inside information I have haha.

What do we call traditional? We are constantly changing the uniforms. Hopefully, it's the ones we wore in the Tyler years and some of the years under Sherrill.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Get rid of the maxi pad on our helmets, and the stupid shoulder stripe....but please don't break out a special uniform JUST for USM. If we try to do a special USM game jersey like the Egg Bowl, it will be embarrassing. I'm all for new unis for the season though

DanDority
04-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Get rid of the maxi pad on our helmets, and the stupid shoulder stripe....but please don't break out a special uniform JUST for USM. If we try to do a special USM game jersey like the Egg Bowl, it will be embarrassing. I'm all for new unis for the season though

Please! let this happen!

BulldogBear
04-06-2014, 06:38 PM

I couldn't agree with this more

esplanade91
04-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Special uniforms for USM = special uniforms for Jackson State. I don't want to give them any validation as a program by commemorating this game.

Pollodawg
04-07-2014, 10:37 AM
If we trot out special uniforms for the USM game, that is the lamest shit ever. They've won 1 game in two seasons. Who cares about USM enough to remember this game?

TheRef
04-07-2014, 10:46 AM
If we trot out special uniforms for the USM game, that is the lamest shit ever. They've won 1 game in two seasons. Who cares about USM enough to remember this game?

Southern has been begging and screaming bloody murder for this game...they got what they asked for and now they are as pathetic as possible. /shrug

jumbo
04-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Southern has been begging and screaming bloody murder for this game...

funny, because that's what it is going to look like on the scoreboard

smootness
04-07-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm totally fine with the helmet stripe, I'm not sure why everyone hates it so much. And the shoulder stripe isn't great, but A&M's is worse.

Our current jerseys are clean and crisp, easily the best since the Sherrill days.

The only change I think we really need to make is to remove the stupid Mississippi State banner from the front of the jersey, though I don't think that's going anywhere.

And we definitely need to take that off the basketball jersey.

jumbo
04-07-2014, 11:06 AM
been asking for years to just have a solid maroon top. Use the Egg Bowl jersey from this past year or 2011 but with white instead of gold.

Pollodawg
04-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Southern has been begging and screaming bloody murder for this game...they got what they asked for and now they are as pathetic as possible. /shrug

Oh, I have no sympathy for Southern. Their ten fans used to the most obnoxious on the planet barring Confedorama. When I say the final score in this one will be 52-3 MSU, I am dead serious. I just don't give a damn enough about them to commemorate this beat down with a different jersey.

Big4Dawg
04-08-2014, 06:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkvBZ2wIMAEgWTn.jpg

:cool:

Dawg496
04-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Reminds me too much of the Croom era Russell unis.

DanDority
04-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm totally fine with the helmet stripe, I'm not sure why everyone hates it so much. And the shoulder stripe isn't great, but A&M's is worse.

Our current jerseys are clean and crisp, easily the best since the Sherrill days.

The only change I think we really need to make is to remove the stupid Mississippi State banner from the front of the jersey, though I don't think that's going anywhere.

And we definitely need to take that off the basketball jersey.

Please tell me you're not serious? When did/have we in our history,"when not trying to look like someone else" had a stipe on our headgear?

DanDority
04-08-2014, 06:10 PM
I can dig it!

Bark
04-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Like it much better than what we have had the last two years. Very similar to late jackie years.

We lost the helmet stripe and the big ass mississippi state banner on front...I'll take it!

Bothrops
04-08-2014, 06:21 PM
I can dig, but I'd rather it just say State on the jersey. Hail State Hail State Hail State Hail St they've worn that shit out.

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I can dig, but I'd rather it just say State on the jersey. Hail State Hail State Hail State Hail St they've worn that shit out.

Agree, the overall design is pretty good, and I like it, but I would rather it say State than Hail State. Just personal preference. These do look very much like the late 90s uniforms though.

I mean WOW, we actually look like Mississippi State again.

PassInterference
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Love it!

TrueMaroon
04-08-2014, 06:36 PM

How..?

PassInterference
04-08-2014, 06:38 PM

Are you kidding? What part of ugly ass white helmet do you see in this picture?

rcsteph1
04-08-2014, 06:39 PM
First thing I thought was Wow that Looks back when Jackie and Nike were here!

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2014, 06:39 PM

I gotta be honest, if you don't like these uniforms, I have trouble believing you will ever like an MSU uniform. I get it... we are maroon and white and that is a tough color combination, but these are the most simple, close to the late 90s look that we are ever going get.

If you complain about these uniforms, then you must be rooting for or hoping for a look that has never been designed..

State82
04-08-2014, 06:40 PM

??????

Coach34
04-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Doesnt look like the Merlot and White unis from Crooms to me

messageboardsuperhero
04-08-2014, 06:41 PM
I like that a lot- best uniforms we've had since the Sherrill era.

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Very cool. Agree with the others, best unis we've had since The Kang. Although I actually liked the maroon face mask. Dislike the M-banner, but we all know that isn't going anywhere. Thanks, LT!

dickiedawg
04-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Very plain, straightforward. I like em.

Like others, I'm not in love with "hail state" on an everyday uniform, but overall they look pretty sweet.

messageboardsuperhero
04-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Very plain, straightforward. I like em.

Like others, I'm not in love with "hail state" on an everyday uniform, but overall they look pretty sweet.

Yeah, that's my one knock as well.

I understand the importance of branding, but am I the only one who thinks we go a little overboard with the "hail state" stuff sometimes? I mean, they changed the athletics website to "hailstate.com" and changed all the athletics twitter handles to start with @HailState... If it's just me, I'll shut up- but it just seems like the administration goes a little overboard with it at times.

hailmari
04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
I like it. It blends a some vintage looks with new stuff, I guess. I'd like to see what it'd look like with the helmet stripe or something down the middle, too.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Is it too much to ask for one of our guys to rock the Morton anderson facemask?

Dirtbagdawg
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
If you don't like these, well **** you! These are sweet and if you disagree
You're probably the type Of person who is never happy about anything. ****ing awesome

BiscuitEater
04-08-2014, 07:23 PM
by a long stretch. No white stripe down the helmet. No banner stripe. Better shoulder stripes.

AND NO CROOM WHITE HELMET.

godlluB
04-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Surprisingly for Adidas, I don't hate it. I was apparently one of the few who liked the stripe on the helmet (just not on the shoulders).

I don't really like the HAIL STATE on the front. We aren't Hail State University. I don't mind using that for an Egg Bowl uniform, but not all the time. However, it could be worse, if it didn't violate NCAA policy, Stricklin would make it say "Farm Bureau".

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 07:34 PM
These are GREAT. Period. Our 98-esque D will look perfect in these. I bet Jackie is smiling...I know I am

Schultzy
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Like.

Gen. Grant
04-08-2014, 07:36 PM

I agree, they look boxy, clunky, outdated, and they have too much 90s in them. Not a fan, but I don't care as long as they win.

HoopsDawg
04-08-2014, 07:40 PM
It's just hard to get Mississippi State across the front.

I would prefer State or nothing, but these are the best uni's we have had since the days of MSU interlocking helmets.

lutedog
04-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Are we allowed to have "Hail State" on the jerseys? Does it not fall under the same ruling as this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-dagger/the-ncaa-won-t-allow-baylor-to-wear-new--sic-em-bears--uniforms-194252989.html

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
It's just hard to get Mississippi State across the front.

I would prefer State or nothing, but these are the best uni's we have had since the days of MSU interlocking helmets.

Agree

Harrydawg
04-08-2014, 07:53 PM
I like these uni's! Hail State is a marketing win! One of the best marketing ideas that our school has ever had.......

Coach34
04-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm just glad we took the damn stripe off the helmet...the 90's look is sooooo much better

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 07:56 PM
I can't wait to see these in white...I bet they are awesome

whosyourdawgy
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Are we allowed to have "Hail State" on the jerseys? Does it not fall under the same ruling as this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-dagger/the-ncaa-won-t-allow-baylor-to-wear-new--sic-em-bears--uniforms-194252989.html

No hashtag in front!

Schultzy
04-08-2014, 07:59 PM
I'd like to do away with maroon pants. White or maybe grey sometimes only.

shoeless joe
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Very similar to late 90s...and that's the best we've had. If I had to nit pick I would prefer not to have the double stripe on shoulder but that is extremely minor.

Overall I love these...and like someone said the all white will be awesome

deltadawg99
04-08-2014, 08:11 PM
They are awesome. I do wish that it said STATE instead of HAIL STATE on the chest

bulldawg28
04-08-2014, 08:20 PM
The 90's theme is symbolic to when we won the West. No coincidence here things are aligning. And administration is doing it's part to boost the return. Just win baby!!!

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
HOLY ****ING SHIT THEY DONT HAVE THE HIDEOUS MISSISSIPPI STATE LEGAL BANNER ON THE FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SPARTA

esplanade91
04-08-2014, 08:31 PM
The 90's theme is symbolic to when we won the West. No coincidence here things are aligning. And administration is doing it's part to boost the return. Just win baby!!!
So you're agreeing that MSU ultimately has the final say so on our jerseys?.....

bulldawg28
04-08-2014, 08:41 PM
So you're agreeing that MSU ultimately has the final say so on our jerseys?.....

They always do.

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 10:58 PM
by a long stretch. No white stripe down the helmet. No banner stripe. Better shoulder stripes.

AND NO CROOM WHITE HELMET.

Egads, I'm giving you reputation points

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Special uniforms for USM = special uniforms for UT-Martin. I don't want to give them any validation as a program by commemorating this game.

Fixed that.

Dawg61
04-08-2014, 11:17 PM
These look great!! Only change I'd make is to put just MSU in small letters on the front instead of Hail State but I ain't bitching cause the one thing I definitely never want to see again is the Mississippi State legal banner. Removing that alone has improved the uniform massively. Losing the maxi pad stripe on the helmet and shoulder pads is huge improvement too. Well done whoever made this happen!

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Delete. Quoted wrong post.

esplanade91
04-08-2014, 11:21 PM
They always do.
Exactly. So everyone who was ready to fire Adidas can come off the ledge.

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
I'd like to do away with maroon pants. White or maybe grey sometimes only.

I don't mind maroon trousers for 1 or 2 maroon outs at home although I prefer white. But on the road, I totally agree. I cannot stand the Oreo look. I've hated maroon pants with white jerserys since Sherrill first trotted that look out in the mid 90s.

Let's wear maroon pants with our white baseball jerseys so no one is surprised when we make little league mistakes since we'll already look the part.

esplanade91
04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Fixed that.
La Tech. Black jerseys bro!!!!!!!!!!!

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 11:27 PM
La Tech. Black jerseys bro!!!!!!!!!!!

'Cause that was a huge game***

Todd4State
04-08-2014, 11:41 PM
I like this uniform overall. I can live with this- because it looks like Mississippi State "should" look.

I like the Hail State across the chest because it brings attention to our fight song.

I would like to see a throwback helmet with the interlocking MSU. I'm going to put these uniforms at number two behind the NIKE late 90's ones for this reason alone.

I'm looking forward to seeing the special Egg Bowl one in a couple of years.

NCDawg
04-09-2014, 01:04 AM
I would rather see STATE across the front also, instead of HAIL STATE.

One question regarding the helmet, I assume that is a light shining on top of the helmet instead of a round "beanie" type design?

RiverCityDawg
04-09-2014, 05:56 AM
No hashtag in front!

Did you read the article he linked? It has nothing to do with a hashtag. The NCAA told Baylor they couldn't have "Sic'em" on the front of the jersey and that only the school name or mascot could be on the front. Another stupid NCAA rule.

HailState39110
04-09-2014, 06:08 AM
I don't like HailState across the front, what if Texas AM wore a jersey that had Gig Em across the front orr Ole Miss has a Jersey that said Hotty Toddy , Tennessee has a jersey that said Rocky Top. It's just kinda out of place and gay to me to do that

Dawgface
04-09-2014, 07:11 AM
I agree, they look boxy, clunky, outdated, and they have too much 90s in them. Not a fan, but I don't care as long as they win.
Ditto.

HailState39110
04-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Edited to add: I don't like Hail State in the end zone either . Another place besides a uniform it doesn't belong. It would be ok on some signage around the stadium/ arena or on T Shirts worn by fans but to put a manufactured catch phrase by our athletic department on our football uniform seems forced and out of place.

BulldogBear
04-09-2014, 07:36 AM
I like this uniform overall. I can live with this- because it looks like Mississippi State "should" look.

I like the Hail State across the chest because it brings attention to our fight song.

I would like to see a throwback helmet with the interlocking MSU. I'm going to put these uniforms at number two behind the NIKE late 90's ones for this reason alone.

I'm looking forward to seeing the special Egg Bowl one in a couple of years.

Which interlocking MSU do you like better?

<THIS one from the later Sherrill years OR

the one from the earlier JWS years

smootness
04-09-2014, 07:46 AM
HOLY ****ING SHIT THEY DONT HAVE THE HIDEOUS MISSISSIPPI STATE LEGAL BANNER ON THE FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SPARTA

Haha, I'm pretty much in agreement with this. That was the one main change I wanted to see. I actually liked our previous uniforms and thought we looked sick in them on the field, but the one thing I hated was the stupid legal banner. I don't care if it's 'Hail State' or 'State, yay!' as long as it isn't that.

smootness
04-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Did you read the article he linked? It has nothing to do with a hashtag. The NCAA told Baylor they couldn't have "Sic'em" on the front of the jersey and that only the school name or mascot could be on the front. Another stupid NCAA rule.

Yep, they'll probably make us change them, so everyone hoping for just 'State' will probably get their wish. Pretty dumb, though, for Adidas to unveil these after they unveiled Baylor's before getting permission and having to scrap them for the same reason.

smootness
04-09-2014, 07:54 AM
By the way, it's obvious the administration listened to everyone who loved the late 90s uniforms, because those are essentially the exact same thing with 'Hail State' instead of 'Miss. State' and the different logo (but that won't ever change), and the stripes are how higher up on the shoulder. Aside from that, they're essentially identical.

I really hope we keep the darker shade of maroon, though. That is one thing I liked about our current uniforms over those from the 90s. I won't hate them, though, if they're the lighter shade. It's hard to tell from the lighting, but it looks like these may be a lighter shade.

ETA: I really hope these are not just a one-time thing and the reason they look so much like the 90s-era unis is because it's as a 'throwback' for Scott Field's 100-yr anniversary. They have the patch, which could mean we'll wear that patch all year or because the unveil will have them, it could mean it's just a one-time thing.

Although, if we were going throwback for that, why not go completely throwback, to the 50s or 60s or earlier?

shannondawg
04-09-2014, 08:12 AM
I think Stricklin is trying to change our "brand" and is in love with his idea of Hail State . Exactly where can you go with the Hail State? Its fine for a website or twitter, but Miss State is our brand and it needs to be on the uniform.

Other than that I like the majority of this board think its wrong, like the uniform.

But that been said, if we winning we could have bright Yellow and I would be in the market for a whole new set of MSU gear...

jumbo
04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
eh. they're not great but they're not terrible. as most people said I don't like Hail State across the chest.

I saw some speculation on twitter that these might only be for the spring game/SBW since the baseball team is also getting new unis. I find it hard to believe that we'd get a uniform just for the spring game, but I guess we'll know more tomorrow.

smootness
04-09-2014, 08:15 AM
It definitely won't be just for the spring game, but it could be just for the Southern Miss game. They did a similar unveiling for the Egg Bowl unis one year.

smootness
04-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Please tell me you're not serious? When did/have we in our history,"when not trying to look like someone else" had a stipe on our headgear?

I don't care when we've had a helmet stripe. I thought it looked good on those helmets. And how were we trying to look like someone else? A lot of teams have helmet stripes, and a lot don't.

ghostofjackie
04-09-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm still trying to find that diagonal-interlocking MSU on the side of that helmet. Man, those were the days.

This is the best combo I've seen so far. I'd rather it just say "State" or "Mississippi State" or "bulldogs" on the front though. Nobody else really plasters their slogan on front of their uniforms. Could you imagine is Oklahoma put "Boomer Sooner" on the front of their jerseys?

bluelightstar
04-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Pretty good. I personally prefer "Hail State" on the jersey to "Miss. State." Just not a big fan of an abbreviated version on our stuff. If anything, it should just say "State."

Offshore Dawg
04-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Can somebody explain the white circle on the top front of the helmet.

messageboardsuperhero
04-09-2014, 08:49 AM
It's just the glare/shine from the overhead light...

thunderclap
04-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Better, but chillybilly's mockups still kick this one's ass. Also a fan of black shoes.

DanDority
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
You're probably the type Of person who is never happy about anything. ****ing awesome

Couldn't agree more!!!!!

smootness
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Chillybilly is great in graphics work and is good at knowing which colors work well together, but he doesn't exactly come up with innovative designs. He basically has the same generic template with the triple stripe and just makes slight tweaks to it.

CottonDog
04-09-2014, 08:56 AM
unfortunately I'm pretty sure these are just for the USM game. I hope I was told wrong. I like them a lot more than the ones were wear now.

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
unfortunately I'm pretty sure these are just for the USM game. I hope I was told wrong. I like them a lot more than the ones were wear now.

Oh geez, that would be dumb.

quickstrike2
04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
The white faskmask makes all the difference to me. Sets off the uniform.

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Clark is that you?

curmudgeon
04-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Quite simply, this is the best we could have asked for. This is basically an upgraded version of the late 90s uniforms with a different logo and a different apparel company.

Don't mind the "Hail State" - it gives us something different.

9.5/10 in my book. The white ones will look awesome.

Pollodawg
04-09-2014, 09:09 AM
How does this look like the Croom unis? And this is the best uniform combo that we've had since the JWS years. I hope these are the permanents and not a one game deal.

smootness
04-09-2014, 09:19 AM
The more I think about it, the more the lighter shade of maroon combined with the 100-yr anniversary patch tells me these are just going to be for one game.

However, if we can make it be known loud enough how much we love the uniforms, we may get something similar when they actually do change the jersey.

Pollodawg
04-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I liked the old unis ok, but I will be pissed if this is just for one game. Those look slick as hell. I got all pumped up there for a second.

mstatefan91
04-09-2014, 09:49 AM
If it's just for one game then they should have gone all the way and done the old interlocking MSU decal on the helmet.

I hope it's for the whole season though

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
What's wrong with just putting MSU in very small letters on the front of the jersey like FSU does? Why is MSU so damn worried about the viewer being able to read what school they are watching? There's dozens and dozens of schools not concerned one bit about this with their football uniforms and they do just fine in distinguishing their own brand. QUIT BEING CONCERNED WITH THE IDIOTS THAT CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MISSISSIPPI STATE AND OLE MISS! You're ruining it for the rest of us

SignalToNoise
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
The only time I've truly been unhappy with our unis was Merlot & White Croom era with the shitty white helmet.

I think these are sharp as hell and hope we keep them for the season.

BhamDawg
04-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Love the look, but PLEASE take the stupid "Hail State" off the front, it is just so corny. Would much rather see one of the following across the front:

1. Bulldogs
2. MSU
3. Miss St/State
4. State
5. Anything but Hail State

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Simmer down newbie. Your opinion is not the only one that matters and if you don't like that well...take your own advice.

I'm not a big fan of the double half stripe that high up. Give me a number on the shoulder pad instead with the stripe lower. I think a lot of people are liking them because they are similar to the late 90s, which I used to like simply because that was related to winning in my mind. Now they just look dated and not in a traditional way that could last for a long time.

DO NOT Like the HAIL STATE as the school name. I get the "branding" but you might as well put Henry Mize U on there in my eyes. Put either Miss. State, Mississippi and State under the numbers or SIMPLY just M S U.

and Scott has to be pretty unhappy this got leaked out. obviously they were going to do a big reveal like they like to do thus the tweet with the teaser and a date.

smootness
04-09-2014, 10:15 AM
5. Anything but Hail State

Not that stupid legal banner. Hail State is far better than that. But again, assuming the NCAA is consistent, they're not going to let us use that, so we'll have to change it. I'm fine with State, MSU, Mississippi State, just about anything but that legal banner.

And I think Hail State is better than Miss. State personally.

HailState39110
04-09-2014, 10:20 AM
It's needs to say STATE or MSU . Hail State is not a name people call our university . It's a catch phrase that was developed by our athletic department so our fan base could identify with each other such as Roll Tide, War Eagle , Hotty Toddy, Anchor Down, Gig Em, etc. This phrase does not belong on a uniform or end zone. Please quit forcing it down our throats

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 10:21 AM
If it's just for one game then they should have gone all the way and done the old interlocking MSU decal on the helmet.

I hope it's for the whole season though

That Decal will never be on another MSU uniform as long as Nike owns the rights to it.

mstatefan91
04-09-2014, 10:27 AM
That Decal will never be on another MSU uniform as long as Nike owns the rights to it.
Makes sense.

In other news, TSUN fans are trying their best to talk shit about these uniforms on twitter. Not surprising but just wow...

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 10:36 AM

No way Nike will give a shit if we use it. Buy the damn rights from Nike. How many billions of times does the MSU fan base have to ask for the interlocking logo back? Seriously? We've all been asking for it back ever since it got taken away. Some people need to start losing their jobs. Over a logo. Not even joking.

Bark
04-09-2014, 10:39 AM
It's needs to say STATE or MSU . Hail State is not a name people call our university . It's a catch phrase that was developed by our athletic department so our fan base could identify with each other such as Roll Tide, War Eagle , Hotty Toddy, Anchor Down, Gig Em, etc. This phrase does not belong on a uniform or end zone. Please quit forcing it down our throats

It must've caught on with you..have you forgotten your name is hailstate?

Just like most everyone else I don't like hail state on a uniform but it beats the hell out of that legal banner. As far as using it as our battle cry I think it's great and it has definitely caught on. I'm about 4 years removed from graduating at state and all of my friends use that as do the athletes, coaches, admin. There is still a small contingent that don't like it but pretty much everyone uses it...especially on social media. Sure there is still room for a generic go dawgs every now then but I think hail state is here to stay and I approve bc it's unique to us.

Pollodawg
04-09-2014, 10:42 AM
No way Nike will give a shit if we use it. Buy the damn rights from Nike. How many billions of times does the MSU fan base have to ask for the interlocking logo back? Seriously? We've all been asking for it back ever since it got taken away. Some people need to start losing their jobs. Over a logo. Not even joking.

Agreed. And why would Nike give a shit about selling it to us anyway? It's not like they care or are really doing anything else with it.

tcdog70
04-09-2014, 10:44 AM
I would really prefer the Baseball Logo. and Just STATE across the front. Hail State is kinda silly. It is Ok for a catch phrase, just not on Unis. White face mask are they way to go.

smootness
04-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Nike actually does use that logo for at least one team. It's some D2 or D3 school, maybe Montana State, but they do use it. I'm guessing it would cost a lot to get it back, and we've already made the decision to run with the M-State. It is what it is, there's really no point in rehashing it.

Dawg61, if you think someone needs to be fired over every little thing you don't like, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Whether or not we use the M-S-U or M-State really just is not that big of a deal.

HailState39110 is one of the funniest posts I've seen on this board. Don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was freaking funny.

TheRef
04-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Sorry, slight tangent and rant. All of these people saying that "Hail State" is silly because it's just a catch-phrase are starting to get on my nerve. It may have recently become a "catchphrase" or "marketing ploy" but it is also our Fight song. So I don't necessarily mind the Hail State on our unis. Is it what I would really like? No. Will I live with it? You bet. Sorry, I just wanted to get that off of my chest before I went stir crazy and went on a massive rant.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Nike actually does use that logo for at least one team. It's some D2 or D3 school, maybe Montana State, but they do use it. I'm guessing it would cost a lot to get it back, and we've already made the decision to run with the M-State. It is what it is, there's really no point in rehashing it.

Dawg61, if you think someone needs to be fired over every little thing you don't like, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Whether or not we use the M-S-U or M-State really just is not that big of a deal.

Problem is we've been asking for it back for over ten ****ing years now. And it ain't just a few of us. It's like the ENTIRE fan base. So at some point it stops being just not a big deal and it changes into the fact the Athletic Department refuses to listen to the fan base. That is a big deal. I'm tired of asking for it back. WE are tired of asking for it back. I'll ask nicely the first 1,000 times. That ain't working. DEMAND the ****ing logo back from Nike or BUY IT BACK.

BulldogBear
04-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Anyone seen this pic yet?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/mississippi-state-new-uniforms2.jpg

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Problem is we've been asking for it back for over ten ****ing years now. And it ain't just a few of us. It's like the ENTIRE fan base. So at some point it stops being just not a big deal and it changes into the fact the Athletic Department refuses to listen to the fan base. That is a big deal. I'm tired of asking for it back. WE are tired of asking for it back. I'll ask nicely the first 1,000 times. That ain't working. DEMAND the ****ing logo back from Nike or BUY IT BACK.

OR LET IT GO. We have moved on from that logo if you haven't noticed and we are NOT going back to it.
Moving to M-State was one of the last things Ole Lar did before getting kicked out by Doc. Obviously he decided it wasn't worth the money (what a surprise).

"Demand" all you want. Shot Scott a letter with that Demand and see where it gets you. (you might want to include a big check check...)

BulldogBear
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
You have to ignore the comments. Bunch of Rammer Jammers that think everybody wants to be Alabama. It has a 100 year DWS patch on it, though I think it should be 100 year Scott Field. It's misleading, but I'm a traditionalist.

gtowndawg
04-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Sorry, slight tangent and rant. All of these people saying that "Hail State" is silly because it's just a catch-phrase are starting to get on my nerve. It may have recently become a "catchphrase" or "marketing ploy" but it is also our Fight song. So I don't necessarily mind the Hail State on our unis. Is it what I would really like? No. Will I live with it? You bet. Sorry, I just wanted to get that off of my chest before I went stir crazy and went on a massive rant.

It's ours. It's been ours. It's the best way to set ourselves apart from the other MSU's and other State schools. I just told the story last week of an older man yelling Hail State at my in a restaurant because he saw my pullover. I have problems with Stricklin but branding hail state has been a great move and thus I understand why it's on the uniforms. Auburn has a possible alternate helmet that says War Eagle on it. I'd hate to see what would happen if we had a helmet that said Hail State.

The uniforms are a massive upgrade but reading this thread makes me feel sorry for Addidas. They literally can't please some of you no matter what they do.

And for those that think Nike won't care if we use their legally trademarked logos, you're clueless. Call any intellectual property attorney you can find and ask them if Nike would LOVE the chance to sue a school like us for ANY type of IP issues.

Good grief people....

ScoobaDawg
Yes we have. Germans or something. Merged

HailState39110
Look I'm glad we came up with Hail state. Dont get me wrong. I think it is good for social media and a good phrase to use for fans to identify with . I don't think it belongs on the front of our football uniform . Can you imagine someone from New Jersey or Oregon watching one of our games on natl TV wondering who the hell is Hail State? Can you imagine Alabama playing football with Roll Tide printed on the front of their jerseys?

BulldogBear
04-09-2014, 11:38 AM
I am not a fan of #HailState on stuff but as a "brand" I really don't see the issue with Hail State. Why not have a something we can obnoxiously cry out to each other?

gtowndawg
04-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Look I'm glad we came up with Hail state. Dont get me wrong. I think it is good for social media and a good phrase to use for fans to identify with . I don't think it belongs on the front of our football uniform . Can you imagine someone from New Jersey or Oregon watching one of our games on natl TV wondering who the hell is Hail State? Can you imagine Alabama playing football with Roll Tide printed on the front of their jerseys?

Creating top of mind awareness. When someone up north sees hail state for the 10th time they start to make a mental connection that hail state = mississippi state (NOT Ole Miss). Just like Roll Tide = Alabama. Like War Eagle = Auburn. Like Boomer Sooner = Oklahoma. It's jut those schools have branded those for 70 years, or whatever it is.

In ten years if I walk around NYC I can yell out Hail State at a bar and JUST MAYBE people will know I mean Mississippi State. If I yell out Go State or Go Dawgs I'm going to get alot of blank stares or at least which State or which Dawgs (or probably "Oh, Georgia")

Branding is not easy and it takes time and HAS to be repetitive to accomplish this goal.

Jack Lambert
04-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Be cool if it was a throw back uniform from the last time we played them.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
OR LET IT GO. We have moved on from that logo if you haven't noticed and we are NOT going back to it.
Moving to M-State was one of the last things Ole Lar did before getting kicked out by Doc. Obviously he decided it wasn't worth the money (what a surprise).

"Demand" all you want. Shot Scott a letter with that Demand and see where it gets you. (you might want to include a big check check...)

Letting it go means Nike and the small shit school using the logo win. It also means our Ath Dep. went spineless again and refuses to fight for our damn logo back. This is ****ing pathetic. What do you think would happen if suddenly the University of Alabama could no longer use that stupid Atlanta Braves A with gay flair on it anymore? People and farm animals would die. Fight fight fight Mississippi State you're DAMN RIGHT!!! Not "forget about it and get over it we'll just let them have it Mississippi State we ain't right".

HailState39110
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Creating top of mind awareness. When someone up north sees hail state for the 10th time they start to make a mental connection that hail state = mississippi state (NOT Ole Miss). Just like Roll Tide = Alabama. Like War Eagle = Auburn. Like Boomer Sooner = Oklahoma. It's jut those schools have branded those for 70 years, or whatever it is.

In ten years if I walk around NYC I can yell out Hail State at a bar and JUST MAYBE people will know I mean Mississippi State. If I yell out Go State or Go Dawgs I'm going to get alot of blank stares or at least which State or which Dawgs (or probably "Oh, Georgia")

Branding is not easy and it takes time and HAS to be repetitive to accomplish this goal.

I get that. As I said put it on signage around the stadium . Put it on T shirts. Put it on stickers, pens, Huggies (or coozies) . Don't put it on the front of my teams football jersey. If Ole Miss put Hoddy Totty on the front of their jersey you don't think we would laughing our asses off at them? I'm sorry I just think it's corny

smootness
04-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Letting it go means Nike and the small shit school using the logo win. It also means our Ath Dep. went spineless again and refuses to fight for our damn logo back. This is ****ing pathetic. What do you think would happen if suddenly the University of Alabama could no longer use that stupid Atlanta Braves A with gay flair on it anymore? People and farm animals would die. Fight fight fight Mississippi State you're DAMN RIGHT!!! Not "forget about it and get over it we'll just let them have it Mississippi State we ain't right".

You're going insane over this. The mistake we made was allowing Nike to own the logo to begin with. That could have been worked out when they created it, but we allowed them to own it, so they now own it. In order to get it back, we can't just say, 'Give it back to us' loudly. We have to pay them, and I'm assuming they would want quite a bit for it. The administration has shown it isn't going to spend the money to get it back. So you can either continue to get angrier and angrier and claim people need to be fired, or you can accept that and move on.

Just because parts of the fanbase want it back doesn't mean the administration should do it or they're 'not listening'. Maybe they've listened and decided it isn't a good decision. That's what they're there for; they aren't there just to take polls; they make decisions. They've decided it's in the best interest of our athletic department not to buy it back and to stick with the M-State. I'm sure if enough people were so upset over it they threatened pulling money, they may re-think that.

But I'm pretty sure most just think, 'Yeah, I liked that logo, I wish we could get it back' and not, 'THIS IS INSANE! THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT CAN DO!' like you evidently do.

Not getting a logo we used for 8 years back is just not a fireable offense. If you think it is, you're crazy. And we can still use the other interlocking MSU logos we used (I assume); the fact that we're not tells you our AD doesn't want to use it. Period.

SignalToNoise
04-09-2014, 12:23 PM
You're going insane over this. The mistake we made was allowing Nike to own the logo to begin with. That could have been worked out when they created it, but we allowed them to own it, so they now own it. In order to get it back, we can't just say, 'Give it back to us' loudly. We have to pay them, and I'm assuming they would want quite a bit for it. The administration has shown it isn't going to spend the money to get it back. So you can either continue to get angrier and angrier and claim people need to be fired, or you can accept that and move on.

Just because parts of the fanbase want it back doesn't mean the administration should do it or they're 'not listening'. Maybe they've listened and decided it isn't a good decision. That's what they're there for; they aren't there just to take polls; they make decisions. They've decided it's in the best interest of our athletic department not to buy it back and to stick with the M-State. I'm sure if enough people were so upset over it they threatened pulling money, they may re-think that.

But I'm pretty sure most just think, 'Yeah, I liked that logo, I wish we could get it back' and not, 'THIS IS INSANE! THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT CAN DO!' like you evidently do.

Not getting a logo we used for 8 years back is just not a fireable offense. If you think it is, you're crazy. And we can still use the other interlocking MSU logos we used (I assume); the fact that we're not tells you our AD doesn't want to use it. Period.

Don't waste your time; you are engaging a fool.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:31 PM

I don't sit up at night scheming on how to get the old logo back. It's more just an annoyance that pops up for me a few times a year. This discussion is really what annoys me most. These questions never get answered. I want our AD to answer these questions. Why don't we ever use the interlocking logo anymore? How much would it cost to buy it back? Why haven't we done that yet? What would you think smootness if those questions have never been asked to Nike by our Ath Dep.? I suspect they haven't even asked about it. Ever.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Don't waste your time; you are engaging a fool.

Second name calling post from you directed to me in the last half hour. Keep it civil.

smootness
04-09-2014, 12:40 PM
What would you think smootness if those questions have never been asked to Nike by our Ath Dep.? I suspect they haven't even asked about it. Ever.

I would think that they have decided they don't want to use that logo anymore, even if we could get it back.

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 12:41 PM
I don't sit up at night scheming on how to get the old logo back. It's more just an annoyance that pops up for me a few times a year. This discussion is really what annoys me most. These questions never get answered. I want our AD to answer these questions. Why don't we ever use the interlocking logo anymore? How much would it cost to buy it back? Why haven't we done that yet? What would you think smootness if those questions have never been asked to Nike by our Ath Dep.? I suspect they haven't even asked about it. Ever.

If the question has never been asked then they AD didn't want it. Do I need to point out again that Larry changed us to M-State (some whispers have claimed he has a interest in the logos)
Ninja had no interest in going back but he did change the M-State and now scott has done the same.

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Second name calling post from you directed to me in the last half hour. Keep it civil.

If you are offended be being called a fool don't act foolish. Goodness.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 12:53 PM
I would think that they have decided they don't want to use that logo anymore, even if we could get it back.

BINGO!!! Our Athletic Department cares absolutely zero that a huge portion of our fan base wants that logo back. Doesn't have to be every game but using it never because they are obsessed with only using the MState logo is ridiculous.

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2014, 01:05 PM
BINGO!!! Our Athletic Department cares absolutely zero that a huge portion of our fan base wants that logo back. Doesn't have to be every game but using it never because they are obsessed with only using the MState logo is ridiculous.

So you want the Athletic Department to spend some considerable amount of money (as noted, other schools are now using it) to buy back a logo, which they have shown they do not wish to do but more so you only want to use it occasional. First off that's ridiculous in itself but we are also trying to build and establish a brand with our current logos. No need throwing another one in the mix.

And the portion of the fans that truly care evidently aren't that loud. As you noted this has never been addressed publicly. Good luck on that ever happening.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 01:15 PM
So you want the Athletic Department to spend some considerable amount of money (as noted, other schools are now using it) to buy back a logo, which they have shown they do not wish to do but more so you only want to use it occasional. First off that's ridiculous in itself but we are also trying to build and establish a brand with our current logos. No need throwing another one in the mix.

And the portion of the fans that truly care evidently aren't that loud. As you noted this has never been addressed publicly. Good luck on that ever happening.

No I said I'd be ok with it only being used occasionally. Meaning a compromise. They ****ed up 12 years ago and need to get the damn logo back already. We have built and established our brand enough already with the damn MState logo. Does it have to be used 100% of the damn time? Don't throw the "build and establishing our brand" shit back in my face here either. They are being stubborn and refuse to use any other logo but the one they like. It's a total lie too. Nike would bend over backwards to help us if we just ASKED THEM. Same shit with the problem with our Adidas uniforms being so similar to aTm. Nobody is calling Adidas and ASKING THEM to send us different uniforms. Do we have people in our athletic department other than Stricklin? Doesn't seem like it sometimes.

smootness
04-09-2014, 01:17 PM

It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means they've already made the decision that it isn't worth it, that they'd rather use the M-State logo. You can care about someone's opinion or input and still decide against them. Either way, it's a stinking logo. Nobody is going to ever lose their job over it.

smootness
04-09-2014, 01:18 PM
It's a total lie too. Nike would bend over backwards to help us if we just ASKED THEM.

Wha?! Why in the world would Nike bend over backward to help us just because we ask?

codeDawg
04-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Toying around with special use logos is a distraction and a waste of time. There may be an effort to give it nod in the future, but we are not rebranding right now, 5 or 6 years into the current branding. Everyone knew it stank when it came out, but this was LT's last screw up on the way out. It was all but done and we had to do our best with it.

It will come back up in 5-10 years. Don't worry.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 01:19 PM
It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means they've already made the decision that it isn't worth it, that they'd rather use the M-State logo. You can care about someone's opinion or input and still decide against them. Either way, it's a stinking logo. Nobody is going to ever lose their job over it.

Dig further brother. You just at the surface. Get deeper and you'll see what I mean.

Dawg61
04-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Wha?! Why in the world would Nike bend over backward to help us just because we ask?

They are a business that's why. Nobody at Nike gives a flying **** about any perceived "beef" we have conjured up in our minds between Nike and MSU. It doesn't exist. It's just smoke to distract us from the real reason our Ath Dep refuses to use the old logo. Dropping the terrible Mississippi State legal banner is a fantastic start but I fear that hideous banner will be right back on our jersey game 2. If we can use something else besides the legal banner then we can also use something else besides the MState logo. Again I'm willing to compromise as is everyone else and have the MState logo used the majority of the time but along with that compromise I'd like it if our Ath Dep would give us the interlocking logo SOME of the time. Not none of the time for the last 10+ years. How much "establishing our brand and logo" do we need to do? Enough is enough. The dumbasses that can't figure out the difference between MSU and Ole Miss will always be dumbasses. Time to please the ones that really do care about MSU.

TheRef
04-09-2014, 01:57 PM
They are a business that's why. Nobody at Nike gives a flying **** about any perceived "beef" we have conjured up in our minds between Nike and MSU. It doesn't exist. It's just smoke to distract us from the real reason our Ath Dep refuses to use the old logo. Dropping the terrible Mississippi State legal banner is a fantastic start but I fear that hideous banner will be right back on our jersey game 2. If we can use something else besides the legal banner then we can also use something else besides the MState logo. Again I'm willing to compromise as is everyone else and have the MState logo used the majority of the time but along with that compromise I'd like it if our Ath Dep would give us the interlocking logo SOME of the time. Not none of the time for the last 10+ years. How much "establishing our brand and logo" do we need to do? Enough is enough. The dumbasses that can't figure out the difference between MSU and Ole Miss will always be dumbasses. Time to please the ones that really do care about MSU.

Let's be honest here, 61. What percentage of the fanbase has the same feeling as you? I'm fairly certain it's not as large as you or I believe it to be. Also, I consider myself someone who deeply cares about MSU. Could you disagree with me, certainly. You have a right to disagree. But I feel that the logo is just fine.