PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we are going to get Dear, Patterson, Lewis, and Peters. Freeze who?

dawgclub99
04-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Just reading between the lines, Dear will commit this weekend and Peters wont be too long after that. The rest will come this Fall.

Coach34
04-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Long way to Feb hoss....but we are obviously doing well as some spin has already started about OM having "bigger targets outside the state"

smootness
04-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Well, I guess that settles it.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Looks like we are leading for Dear and Peters. Not sure where are you getting we lead for Lewis and really not getting where we are leading for Patterson though.

CadaverDawg
04-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Glad that's over with. Any chance we slip into the 2015 CBI next month? ***

Homedawg
04-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Not trying to be negative but u are setting yourself up for a crash and burn. No way the Rebs don't spend a pile to keep that from happening.

messageboardsuperhero
04-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Wake me up during the dead period- when UM really starts crootin.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-08-2014, 03:17 PM
recruiting. sigh. How can we forget the mississippi homerun?

I bet if you added up the dandy dozen and 10 most wanted the past 10 years, you couldnt field a sun belt team.

We get fired up over channing wards, snoops, pat pats, sanders, singletons....i could go on forever. These guys never seem to be worth a shit or ole miss sucks at development.

Meanwhile the pruetts and bernardricks keep both teams above water.

PassInterference
04-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Long way to Feb hoss....but we are obviously doing well as some spin has already started about OM having "bigger targets outside the state"

Has Ole Miss ever admitted to losing a recruiting battle to us, or have they always been 100% successful in recruiting against us?** It always seems when we pull one, they didn't have enough room..they had bigger targets...always something.

Homedawg
04-08-2014, 03:33 PM

I bet if you added up the dandy dozen and 10 most wanted the past 10 years, you couldnt field a sun belt team.

We get fired up over channing wards, snoops, pat pats, sanders, singletons....i could go on forever. These guys never seem to be worth a shit or ole miss sucks at development.

^this. The dandy dozen almost assures epic failure- at least recent history it does.

SouthMsDawg
04-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Just reading between the lines, Dear will commit this weekend and Peters wont be too long after that. The rest will come this Fall.

I feel good about those 2 but Patterson has long been an OM lean gonna take a lot to get him to State and Leo Lewis will be a long ride think Chris Jones recruitment on steroids.

smootness
04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
I feel good about those 2 but Patterson has long been an OM lean

This is not really true at all.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2014, 03:43 PM
This is not really true at all.

On this particular recruitment if anybody would know it would be SouthMS.

smootness
04-08-2014, 03:44 PM
On this particular recruitment if anybody would know it would be SouthMS.

Why is that?

AlSwearengen
04-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Wake me up during the dead period- when UM really starts crootin.

This. Unless something is keeping them unusually inactive.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Why is that?

I'll just say he's very close to his recruitment & leave it at that.

bgdog
04-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Has Ole Miss ever admitted to losing a recruiting battle to us, or have they always been 100% successful in recruiting against us?** It always seems when we pull one, they didn't have enough room..they had bigger targets...always something.

Every single fansite in the country does that. Every single one. Fans will always rationalize

smootness
04-08-2014, 03:54 PM
I'll just say he's very close to his recruitment & leave it at that.

Ok, that's fine. But I have no reason to believe him over anyone else based on that.

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I know Leo Lewis could possibly be the top player in the state and I would really like to get him, but if offered the option between Leo or Patterson, it's probably in the best long term interest of program to get Patterson.

Again, I really want Leo, but, at this point, I feel much more confident about our ability to recruit another competent LB than a competent OL.

The best thing we can do it get Peters and Malik committed soon. That way there will be some peer pressure on Leo and Patterson to come to MSU.

maroonmania
04-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Yep, nothing like focusing on "targets outside the state" in what is on paper probably the best available haul of MS prospects EVER!

maroonmania
04-08-2014, 05:23 PM
I know Leo Lewis could possibly be the top player in the state and I would really like to get him, but if offered the option between Leo or Patterson, it's probably in the best long term interest of program to get Patterson.

Again, I really want Leo, but, at this point, I feel much more confident about our ability to recruit another competent LB than a competent OL.

The best thing we can do it get Peters and Malik committed soon. That way there will be some peer pressure on Leo and Patterson to come to MSU.

That's IF Patterson turns out to be a dominant lineman. There have been a LOT of highly touted MS OL that didn't pan out to be any more than average in the SEC if that. Also, everything I hear is that Patterson will likely be a G in college and not a T. A big time Tackle is what we really need to get.

Bothrops
04-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Not trying to be negative but u are setting yourself up for a crash and burn. No way the Rebs don't spend a pile to keep that from happening.

OM folk will continue their tricks and turn their sights toward us. But, it will be a good recruiting year, and I think we sign a top 25 class.

State82
04-08-2014, 05:42 PM

Everybody better read this and commit it to memory. Y'all are nuts if you think even half of what you expect to happen actually comes to fruition in 2/15.

Homedawg
04-08-2014, 06:14 PM
OM folk will continue their tricks and turn their sights toward us. But, it will be a good recruiting year, and I think we sign a top 25 class.

Oh I agree w that. But to think we are goin to sweep the state is naive. With all that said I'd rather lead than trail anytime in recruiting.

M.Fillmore
04-08-2014, 06:21 PM
I am optimistic but remember that the tidal wave of cash has not yet come from Oxford. When the cash starts gushing some recruits will flip and John Talty will trumpet Reb recruiting.