aTm - W
Auburn - L
@UK - W
Arkansas - W
UT-Martin - W
@Alabama - L
Vanderbilt - W
@Ole Miss - W

OK, for whatever reason I've not paid much attention to our schedule...until now.

I am thrilled to not have Arkansas sandwiched between our two big rival games, Alabama and Ole Miss. I think we'll see no more ridiculous, long losing streaks to Arkansas.

Without James Franklin, Vandy is a great team to fill that sandwich. That's good for now. Eventually, it will be a Florida. I'd rather see a UT-Martin put there.

And speaking of UT-Martin, it is nice to have a November cream puff to break things up. Historically, we've not had much of that.

I'm kinda disappointed not to have Auburn early in the season. Playing Auburn early the last several years has been to our advantage. Those games went down to the wire. Those same Auburn teams played a lot better later in the season.

Maybe its a fair trade to have LSU in week 4 (followed by a week off before aTm). Like Auburn, LSU has a habit of being sloppy early in the year. Unfortunately this year, LSU gets a quality week 1 tuneup against Wisconsin. But most years it might not be awful to trade an early Auburn game for an early LSU game.

I see 9-3.

The W's vs aTm at home and @Plantation are going to be tough.

I hope I'm wrong on the L @LSU. We are due for an upset there. In our last trip @LSU, a lesser MSU team was good enough for a shot at the W. But conservative play calling and an unforced fumble from Milton blew our chance.

Leroy Jenkins
04-08-2014, 12:53 PM
We lost to AU in the last minute of the game, on the road, when Dak was still very inexperienced...... At home, with the way Dak has developed now, we win that game.

RossDawg82
04-08-2014, 01:08 PM
We lost to AU in the last minute of the game, on the road, when Dak was still very inexperienced...... At home, with the way Dak has developed now, we win that game.

I agree, we beat AU by 2 TD's

PassInterference
04-08-2014, 01:17 PM

We are better this year. I hear ya.

So is Auburn.

SignalToNoise
04-08-2014, 01:19 PM
I agree, we beat AU by 2 TD's

Maybe at home last year. AU is playing better than they were then, and so are we. Not sure how I'd call this one.

Pollodawg
04-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Dak is also a better QB than Marshall, and we have a better overall D. If you look at their overall stats, Dak only started 7 games yet had almost has many passing yards as Marshall and was close to the same completion percentage.

Pollodawg
04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Marshall is a little better athlete, but Dak is a better QB.

chef dixon
04-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I think we have a better chance of beating Auburn at home than we do Ole Miss on the road. It all really comes down to if Auburn can continue their momentum and how well both us and OM are playing at the end of the season to really predict those games.

smootness
04-08-2014, 01:28 PM
The season, for me, comes down to 4 games: @LSU, Auburn, @Alabama, and @Ole Miss. Go 2-2 in these games and we should win 10.

If we lose any of the other games on our schedule, then we're not as good as I thought and won't sniff 9-10 wins.

smootness
04-08-2014, 01:29 PM
I like the way we match up with Auburn. They did get better last year, but we also just played good defense in that game. If Collins can draw up a good gameplan that utilizes the kind of size, speed and athleticism we have in the back 7, we should be able to slow down their running game as much as anyone.

Raytoraid83
04-08-2014, 01:50 PM
The thing that worries me about Auburn, is it being towards the end of the year. By that time Malzahn will have made all his tweaks and have his offense running at full power. If our defense lives up to the expectations, it should be a great game though. I think this is the first year in a long time anyone can win the SEC west with the exception of Arkansas. Will we make the key plays or will the key plays be made against us? Can't wait to watch it play out, could be a special season.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-08-2014, 01:52 PM
12-0. There's only one thing left to do....

hailmari
04-08-2014, 02:23 PM
I feel like we finally beat somebody noteworthy, and then we blow a game we shouldn't.. We can't go into that UK game like we did last season.

smootness
04-08-2014, 02:37 PM
The thing that worries me about Auburn, is it being towards the end of the year. By that time Malzahn will have made all his tweaks and have his offense running at full power. If our defense lives up to the expectations, it should be a great game though. I think this is the first year in a long time anyone can win the SEC west with the exception of Arkansas. Will we make the key plays or will the key plays be made against us? Can't wait to watch it play out, could be a special season.

It's not really toward the end of the year - game 6, I'm not looking at a schedule but I would assume it's around the middle of October?

Raytoraid83
04-08-2014, 02:41 PM
It's not really toward the end of the year - game 6, I'm not looking at a schedule but I would assume it's around the middle of October?

Yea just not first SEC game like normally is, hopefully auburn used up all their luck last year. Seems like they never run out though.

preachermatt83
04-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Best Case: 11-1

USM - W
UAB - W
@S. Alabama - W
@LSU - W
aTm - W
Auburn - W
@UK - W
Arkansas - W
UT-Martin - W
@Alabama - L
Vanderbilt - W
@Ole Miss - W

Worst Case- 6-6

USM - W
UAB - W
@S. Alabama - W
@LSU - L
aTm - L
Auburn - L
@UK - W
Arkansas - L
UT-Martin - W
@Alabama - L
Vanderbilt - W
@Ole Miss - L

My Prediction- 10-2

USM - W
UAB - W
@S. Alabama - W
@LSU - L
aTm - W
Auburn - W
@UK - W
Arkansas - W
UT-Martin - W
@Alabama - L
Vanderbilt - W
@Ole Miss - W

To me it is like this

Huge disappointment- Anything Less than 7 Wins

Disappointment- 7 Wins

Acceptable but barely- 8 wins

Very Acceptable almost Celebratory - 9 wins

Very Celebratory almost ecstatic- 10 wins

unbelievable excitement- 11 or more wins

BeardoMSU
04-08-2014, 04:29 PM
12-0. There's only one thing left to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

Coach34
04-08-2014, 04:29 PM
I think we have a better chance of beating Auburn at home than we do Ole Miss on the road.

I actually agree with this. Playing them at home is huge.

Bothrops
04-08-2014, 05:10 PM
If we don't beat A&M, I'm pretty confident that we will lose to Auburn. A&M is our must win game this year, in order to have a great season. It is absolutely imperative that we win big games this year because we may likely be at our highest potential under Dan.

The Eggbowl will be VERY VERY hard to win this year in Oxford. They will be absolutely plumb desperate to beat us, regardless of how their season turns out. Honestly, I think we will need to sneak another win in there prior to EB for insurance to a better bowl.

Radddawg
04-08-2014, 10:14 PM
10-2.... Lose @LSU and @ Bama... We blow out the Bears by 20 in the Vault on our way to the Chicken Bowl at the GA Dome.

Pollodawg
04-08-2014, 10:35 PM
We win all four ooc games plus Vandy, UK, Arky, and TAMU. I think people are underestimating how far AM will fall from where they were the last couple of seasons without JFF and their best WR and RB gone. Then we will play a ranked Auburn team and beat them. And, yes, we have a better shot at beating AU at home than we do OM on the road. But I am assure you it won't be like it was last time in Oxford.

My official prediction is 10-3 then with an outside shot at 11-2 if the cards fall right with Bear U. But, you can rest assured, we will have one heart attack game at least.

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 11:08 PM
I just don't have the stomach to do this yet. I don't wanna jinx it!!!

dickiedawg
04-09-2014, 07:50 AM
I don't think we'll lose a home game. I think we're better than UM but that's not the same as winning on the road. Anything less than 9 regular season wins is a disappointment, less than 8 is a monumental disappointment.