PDA

View Full Version : Why does Calipari keep getting out of the zone?

Coach34
04-07-2014, 10:00 PM
UConn is flustered and can't do shit against it...what the hell Cal?

Vandownbytheriver
04-07-2014, 10:07 PM
UK is getting boned by the refs. Never thought I'd say that.

coastdoglover
04-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Ky missed enough free throws to win easily. UConn had better guards and Napier is some kind of good.

UK is getting boned by the refs. Never thought I'd say that.

Vandownbytheriver
04-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Ky missed enough free throws to win easily. UConn had better guards and Napier is some kind of good.

I'm just glad I will never have to see his attention whore moms on TV again. It was like that kid from UCF's mom when we played them in the Liberty bowl.

And yes they missed a bunch of free throws, but the last 5 mins it was Alabama football refs type shit.

jumbo
04-08-2014, 08:09 AM

because he's not that great of a coach

Coach34
04-08-2014, 08:23 AM

He certainly cost them the game. He got out if the zone coming out if that time-out and UConn hit back to back 3-balls to push the lead back to 7 when Kentucky had all the momentum. They were about to take control with 6-7 mins left and he made a stupid decision

smootness
04-08-2014, 08:46 AM
He certainly cost them the game. He got out if the zone coming out if that time-out and UConn hit back to back 3-balls to push the lead back to 7 when Kentucky had all the momentum. They were about to take control with 6-7 mins left and he made a stupid decision

I'll be honest, I don't remember exactly what took place on the two 3's, but would staying in the zone not still allow them to shoot 3's? Generally it will give you even more open looks.

msstate7
04-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Wish we had a coach that could get us to the championship game. He's done it at 3 different schools.

Coach34
04-08-2014, 08:56 AM
I'll be honest, I don't remember exactly what took place on the two 3's, but would staying in the zone not still allow them to shoot 3's? Generally it will give you even more open looks.

No- UConn set a ball screen and the guy jumped it to help because they were in man. Had they been in zone the guy wouldn't have gotten that open look at the top of the key.

jumbo
04-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Wish we had a coach that could get us to the championship game. He's done it at 3 different schools.

actually only 2

msstate7
04-08-2014, 09:40 AM
actually only 2
You're right. Just final 4 at umass

fishwater99
04-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Not to mention all the missed free-throws, jump shots and layups.
To have all theses future NBA players on the UK team, they sure can't shoot lights out.

Coach34
04-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Well to be fair- they are still Freshman. That does make a difference. A team of those guys as Soph's might go undefeated

quickstrike2
04-08-2014, 10:29 AM
They are still freshman, but that's the nature of the beast. I don't like Cal to begin with, but his message gets old. Cal recruits to the theme of "come here for one year and showcase your skills for a year then you'll be in the league and oh by the way have you met my buddy World Wide Wes and his posse of Lebron James and Phil Knight?" So it's not like he is ever going to have a senior laden team, so don't tell us in a halftime interview that the reason they are down is because they are freshman.

smootness
04-08-2014, 01:16 PM
No- UConn set a ball screen and the guy jumped it to help because they were in man. Had they been in zone the guy wouldn't have gotten that open look at the top of the key.

Gotcha. They had lapses in the zone, too, though that allowed Giffey to get open.

Coach34
04-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Gotcha. They had lapses in the zone, too, though that allowed Giffey to get open.

Very few. That zone is what was causing those 5 minute lapses without FG's

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 03:30 PM
delete. double post

BulldogBear
04-08-2014, 03:31 PM

"Why does Calipari keep getting out of town?"

Fixed that for you. If he really is headed to the Lakers, that must mean UK is going on probation next year.