PDA

View Full Version : UConn basketball

Dawg61
04-07-2014, 06:59 PM
is playing for a Natty in both men's and women's hoops again. And to think both the ACC & BIG passed on adding them. Pretty strong hoops programs in Connecticut.

msstate7
04-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Pretty sure conferences realigned with football in mind. Football is still king

Pollodawg
04-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Pretty sure conferences realigned with football in mind. Football will always king

FIFY.

Dawg61
04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Pretty sure conferences realigned with football in mind. Football is still king

This is what I thought but how does this explain Syracuse being added? BIG would rather have Rutgers over UCONN? Why? UCONN football is on par with Rutgers and UCONN offers two very dominate basketball programs. UCONN women hoops is probably the most dominate program in all of college sports the last 15 years.

msstate7
04-07-2014, 07:23 PM
This is what I thought but how does this explain Syracuse being added? BIG would rather have Rutgers over UCONN? Why? UCONN football is on par with Rutgers and UCONN offers two very dominate basketball programs. UCONN women hoops is probably the most dominate program in all of college sports the last 15 years.

Don't know. Perhaps Rutgers is in a much better tv market

Quaoarsking
04-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Connecticut will find its way into the B1G or ACC before too long, I think. Either one of those conferences will go to 16, or the ACC will need to replace some departed members. If not, the AAC is approximately on the level of the SEC in basketball anyway (although I think we'll pass them by in the next few years).

smootness
04-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Syracuse has a lot more resources and has much more potential in football than UConn.

In regard to Rutgers, I think it's the same thing. Rutgers is better set up to have success in football than UConn and probably has more resources.

msstate7
04-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Syracuse has a lot more resources and has much more potential in football than UConn.

In regard to Rutgers, I think it's the same thing. Rutgers is better set up to have success in football than UConn and probably has more resources.

And nj has bout 9 million population vs 3.5 in Conn. Lots more tv viewers in nj which equals more tv money