PDA

View Full Version : State ranked 13th in the latest Perfect Game poll

elitedawgs
04-07-2014, 10:35 AM
after being swept at LSU. Previously ranked 9th.

spiritual_machine2005
04-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Not a bad drop.

HancockCountyDog
04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
after being swept at LSU. Previously ranked 9th.

There is no doubt the experts love us.

Ive said for weeks that I wanted to be 6-6 or better after the first 4 series - well we are 6-6.

With the schedule left ahead of us, I think 12-6 is extremely doable. We do that, and I think we are a lock to host, and depending on how we do in the SEC tourney a potential national seed.

I know everyone is freaking out because we got swept, but it happens. After we take at least 2 of 3 this weekend, everyone will be back on board and realize they were freaking out over nothing.

Todd4State
04-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Ive said for weeks that I wanted to be 6-6 or better after the first 4 series - well we are 6-6.

With the schedule left ahead of us, I think 12-6 is extremely doable. We do that, and I think we are a lock to host, and depending on how we do in the SEC tourney a potential national seed.

I know everyone is freaking out because we got swept, but it happens. After we take at least 2 of 3 this weekend, everyone will be back on board and realize they were freaking out over nothing.

We just need to make a few changes. Every team has to do that throughout the year. Long run- we will be OK.

BulldogBear
04-07-2014, 12:51 PM
That's a bit of a pleasant surprise, not that I expected to just plummit

preachermatt83
04-07-2014, 03:35 PM

18-12 will NEVER get us a national seed even if we would have had a good OOC but we sucked it up in OOC so we will not come close to being a national seed. Im really not convinced that 18-12 gets us a host after the poor OOC performance.

Coach34
04-07-2014, 03:44 PM
18-12 will NEVER get us a national seed.

We're not good enough to be a national seed. That ship has sailed

preachermatt83
04-07-2014, 04:36 PM

I agree completely .. I think at the end of the day we will be in the convo for a host but don't think we will ultimately get it.

curmudgeon
04-07-2014, 04:50 PM
National seed is gone. 18-12 will get us a host though. 17-13 might be good enough if its the right mix.

Our RPI went up nine spots after getting swept. We still play three series against teams that have a higher RPI than LSU did.

HancockCountyDog
04-07-2014, 04:52 PM

If we sweep the Bears this week - we will be close to top 10 in both Perfect game and BA. With half of the SEC schedule left.

Looking at our schedule I don't see a SEC series that I would predict a series loss to.

If we keep winning SEC weekends, we will keep rising in the polls.

I can easily see this team putting together a 10-5 or 11-4 second half of the season and getting back into the national seed discussion. Now we can't lose anymore mid week games of course.

State82
04-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I'll tell you what is bizarre. The CBN poll on Warren Nolan's site. It has us 10th, up from 16th. LSU 16, down from 6th. UM 20th, down from 12th. Something is seriously messed up in that poll. But they have the records correct. Go figure.