PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell Breakfast Review

BeastMan
04-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Been meaning to try the new breakfast stuff and did so today. Here is a little bit of what I thought.

AM Bacon Crunch Wrap- easily one of my new favorite breakfast foods. They took some breakfast essentials (eggs, bacon, hash browns, cheese) and added some taco sauce. Then it is wrapped in a flour tortilla and flat pressed grilled. Outstanding for a fast food item. Very neat and easy to eat if you were on the run. I'll order this again when I need a fast breakfast.

Waffle Taco- this is the item that garnered all the attention on social media when they announced rolling out the menu. I thought it was very average. All it was, was a folded waffle with eggs, bacon, cheese, and a maple syrup (or some maple sauce) drizzle. Get it once to say you've had it but stick with the crunch wrap, it's 10x better.

Cinnabon Delights- this is not something I would normally order but I did since it was my first trip and I wanted a taste of what they had to offer at breakfast. They are fried cake balls (the size of a standard hush puppy) that is filled with icing that gets warm and liquidy once cooked. After cooked, they are coated in a cinnamon/sugar mixture. Not my standard breakfast fare but freaking delicious. If you have kids, buy them these. I'm sure they will freak out and love them. On the other hand, don't buy your kids these b/c you will probably get begged daily to get more. These are fat kid crack.

When I look at fast food breakfast meals and where Taco Bell belongs, it's diversity makes it a top choice next to McDonalds. Everyone can find something to enjoy and it's pretty good if we are looking through the fast food scope. I put it a notch above Burger King breakfast. It has way more to offer than Chick-Fil-A breakfast. McDonalds is it's only competition as far as variety but does have the coffee options Ronald Mc provides. I don't eat fast food breakfast often, but when I do, Taco Bell will be in the rotation. I'd say it will be a favorite among children and stoners. For everyone else, it will be another solid choice for a hangover meal on the go.

BulldogBear
04-07-2014, 01:16 PM
I worked at one when I was I spent a semester in New Mexico. Out there they already had breakfast. I remember it being tasty (20 years ago), but none of this that you've mentioned sounds familiar. I guess I'm gonna have to try it.

Quaoarsking
04-08-2014, 06:07 PM
The Cinnabon delights were shockingly good. I also just ordered them because I wanted to try it all, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm not a bacon guy, so I got the sausage versions of the waffle taco and the crunchwrap. The crunchwrap was great. The waffle taco was pretty good, but I was expecting sweeter or something. Like I wanted it oozing with syrup, instead of just the essence. In the future if I stop in for breakfast, I'll definitely get the sausage crunchwrap with the Cinnabon delights.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-08-2014, 06:14 PM
You lost me at fast food for breakfast. Processed shit but thanks for the review hahaha

State82
04-09-2014, 10:07 AM
"Fat kid crack". Now that's funny right there.

BeastMan
04-09-2014, 12:37 PM
You lost me at fast food for breakfast. Processed shit but thanks for the review hahaha

I'm a man of the people, what can I say?