PDA

View Full Version : Super Bulldog Lineup

DudyDawg
04-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Considering this game is over, let's look to ole miss. My starting lineup for the weekend is:
Armstrong CF
Hendu LF
Pirtle 2B
Rea 1B
Hump 3B
Collins C
Heck SS
Garner DH
Brown RF

Ross - Friday
Fitts for one go thru lineup/ lindgren- Saturday
Woody -Sunday

Start Preston against USM

Also, the weekend attendance at LSU this weekend was 15,553. So it's a slight, slight possibility we beat that on Saturday barring a win Friday and perfect weather

Coach34
04-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Mine vs RHP:

1. Heck
2. Detz
3. Pirtle
4. CT
5. Rea
6. Collins
7. Armstrong
8. Hendo
9. Britton

vs LHP

1. Armstrong
2. Hendo
3. Pirtle
4. Collins
5. Rea
6. Detz
7. Heck
8. CT
9. Britton

DudyDawg
04-06-2014, 04:11 PM
I think CT has to be lower against righties. Especially against a power arm.

I seen it dawg
04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Smoked boudin, stuffed chicken patties, green onion smoked sausage, cream cheese and jalepeno stuffed ribeyes, boudin stuffed duck

Will James
04-06-2014, 04:18 PM
RHP

Heck SS
Armstrong CF
Pirtle 2B
Garner 1B
Henderson RF
Detz DH
Humphreys 3B
Collins C
Vickerson LF

vs LHP

Heck SS
Armstrong LF
Pirtle 2B
Garner 1B
Henderson RF
Humphreys 3B
Detz DH
Collins C
Bradford CF

DudyDawg
04-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Smoked boudin, stuffed chicken patties, green onion smoked sausage, cream cheese and jalepeno stuffed ribeyes, boudin stuffed duck

I'll bring the beer

DudyDawg
04-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't think you sit Wes. I would like to sit him against USM however. But I doubt Cohen even does that

Coach34
04-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Humphreys is not going to play so no need to put him in a line-up

DudyDawg
04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm not saying what I think will happen I'm just saying what I would like to happen

HoopsDawg
04-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Dudy, I agree with you pitching rotation. It's time to give Woody another shot.

I have a few slight differences in the lineup. I don't think you can sit Detz. He's batting .316 with a .409 OBP in SEC games.

I would just go with the numbers at this point.

1. Armstrong, CF
2. Detz, 3B
3. Pirtle, 2B
4. Rea, 1B
5. Henderson, RF
6. Garner, DH
7. Collins, C
8. Bradford, LF
9. Heck, SS

BankerDog
04-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Will James, I agree with you. Especially about Daniel Garner. The last time the guy played he went 4 for 4 in one game. He is a hitter. And we need hitting. It's sad that Cohen begged him to come back and then does this to him. As one of the players who did make the trip this weekend told me last night "I came in a offensive player but Cohen messed with my swing and now I'm a slap hitter. I hate it." Cohen needs to stay away from these guys swings and just let them hit.

Collins needs to be playing on weekends. He his a hitter. If I has to catch a young guy, call the pitches from the dugout.

If they weren't going to play Reid, they should've redshirted him. Britton needs to be at 3rd because of his defense. I can give up one bad bat for a solid 3B.

I agree about Rea. I'm tired of seeing him look lazy out in the field; not diving for balls, etc. He is also a liability to start off an inning. He is not aggressive enough and is standing too close to the plate. If he'd back up, he'd be able to hit the sweet spot and drive balls. He isn't doing that right now.

I also like Vickerson in LF. Armstrong in CF. Brown in RF. Brown gives us some good at bats.

I think the only positive from this weekend is the Woodruff outing. Plug him in the Friday night role. Ross Saturday and whomever on Sunday.

CadaverDawg
04-06-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm going...

Vs RHP:

Vickerson LF
Detz DH
Rea 1B
Pirtle 2B
Heck SS
CT CF
Hendo RF
Britton 3B
Collins C

Vs LHP:

Hendo RF
Pirtle 2B
Heck SS
Rea 1B
Garner DH
Armstrong LF
Hump 3B
Collins C
CT CF
(1 Lefty in lineup)

Vs USM:

Henderson LF
Detz DH
Heck SS
Garner 1B
Hump 3B
Armstrong CF
Brown RF
Collins C
Hann 2B

Send a message

Will James
04-06-2014, 05:38 PM
"I came in a offensive player but Cohen messed with my swing and now I'm a slap hitter. I hate it." Cohen needs to stay away from these guys swings and just let them hit.

Seems like everyone is wrong when they analyze our hitters and say "Cohen just recruits punch and judy slap hitters", he's the reason why we look like this.

Our offensive approach - Cohen
2 strike approach - Cohen
Who is supposed to be the hitting guru? Cohen

Cohen the meddler - said this about his screwing up innings before but now he's meddling with swings. Just. Let. Them. Hit. Manieri was quoted as saying he's going to unleash his bats this weekend…. Cohen is getting swept with his created slap hitters

This statement also gives the "well look at the hitters he's bringing in NOW" a second look because if we are just going to turn them into slap hitters to well…...

Ross gonna Ross so we go Britton in his games but other than that we need to pitch the guys who will STRIKE OUT the most hitters, limiting the plays needed by our D, allowing for a more offensive defense. Lindgren-Holder on Friday. Ross-whoever on Saturday. Woodruff-Holder Sunday. Fitts and Bracewell to bridge the gap between SP and Holder.

DudyDawg
04-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Yeah the only reason I said start hump is because I am tired of infield ground outs but I think you start Detz. That was out it anger for a shitty day. But I'm tired of not seeing the power both garner and hump sitting. That can't happen.

mic
04-06-2014, 06:53 PM
I drop Rae out of the top 5 for sure. If he cant turn around a 88 mph fastball from a lefty that's inner half he has no business in the 3 hole.
It doesn't matter who we have hitting in the 3 or 4 hole. No one has power, no one has extra base gap power for that matter. Give our guys that are at least make the best contact and having better AB's more AB's..
Rae seems to hit a little better with guys on base for some reason maybe batting 6th or so gives a better chance to have men on ahead of him..
And I would start my best 3 arms from here on out.
Woody - Friday
Ross- Sat
Lindy- Sunday

Hell we damn near have to throw a shutout to get a win anyway might as well trot the 3 guys out there that have the best shot at doing that.