PDA

View Full Version : Here is why our offense is struggling

Coach34
04-06-2014, 12:12 PM
SEC-stats only:

Vickerson: 7/40- .175

Rea: 9/43- .209

Heck: 7/33- .212

That is our 1, 3, and 5-hole guys. 3 of our first 5 hitters in the line-up. The fact that we are 6-5 in the SEC right now is amazing to be honest with that kind of production out of the top of our line-up

Coach34
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Add in Cody Brown who is 0-9 so far

msstate7
04-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Add in Cody Brown who is 0-9 so far

With britton closing out the lineup. He's 0 for 3 years

MetEdDawg
04-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Vickerson finally got bumped down today to the 7 hole in today's lineup, but we put freaking Heck in the lead off spot??? I don't get this. Armstrong in the 5 hole, Hendu in the 6 hole, Collins DH and Randolph catching, and Hudson getting the start. I'm ok with this lineup, but I really would prefer somebody named Armstrong or Henderson sitting in the lead off spot.

And Rea sucks right now at the plate. He is entirely too one dimensional. He hits fastballs away and that's about it. He's got to lose another 15-20 pounds to get some more flexibility at the plate in my opinion.

Coach34
04-06-2014, 12:33 PM
With britton closing out the lineup. He's 0 for 3 years

true- but he does at least play All-SEC level defense. No team is going to compete for anything big when 3 of their top 5 hitters struggle to hit higher than .200

nsvltndog
04-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Not that it matters, but 3 of the players that have been tagged in this thread were called out on plays where they were safe and should have been sitting on 1B this weekend.

Vickerson - 1st batter vs Nola. 1st innning seems to be the best place to get to an Ace. Just ask Beede and frankly it is usually when Ross Mitchell is most vulnerable. I would have loved to see that inning replayed with Vickerson sitting on first with no outs.

Britton - catchers interference.

Brown - ball 4 that wasn't close, but called a strike to lead off 9th innning last night.

So we miss on stuff like that and LSU gets the benefit of the first error I can ever remember Ross Mitchell committing or they would have been shut out.

This stuff is difficult to overcome when playing top competition anywhere, but especially on the road.

msstate7
04-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Not that it matters, but 3 of the players that have been tagged in this thread were called out on plays where they were safe and should have been sitting on 1B this weekend.

Vickerson - 1st batter vs Nola. 1st innning seems to be the best place to get to an Ace. Just ask Beede and frankly it is usually when Ross Mitchell is most vulnerable. I would have loved to see that inning replayed with Vickerson sitting on first with no outs.

Britton - catchers interference.

Brown - ball 4 that wasn't close, but called a strike to lead off 9th innning last night.

So we miss on stuff like that and LSU gets the benefit of the first error I can ever remember Ross Mitchell committing or they would have been shut out.

This stuff is difficult to overcome when playing top competition anywhere, but especially on the road.

Britton wouldn't have been awarded 1st base. He would've gotten another swing I think

TheRef
04-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Britton wouldn't have been awarded 1st base. He would've gotten another swing I think

Catcher's interference is an automatic base.

msstate7
04-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Catcher's interference is an automatic base.

You're right. My bad

TheRef
04-06-2014, 01:00 PM
You're right. My bad

It's all good, buddy.

AlSwearengen
04-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Rea is a 5 hole hitter when he is hitting.
Heck is a 9 hole hitter b/c he is a good defensive shortstop.
Vickerson, I don't know. A good pinch runner maybe?

Will James
04-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Heck is a 9 hole hitter b/c he is a good defensive shortstop.

Heck can hit

Offshore Dawg
04-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Bottom line " They can't <17>ing hit.