PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Post-LSU Rant

War Machine Dawg
04-06-2014, 09:39 AM
I hate the Corn Dogs. Something about them makes us play like dog shit. Ross Mitchell committing an E1 costs us a game? Really?! And I can't even be pissed at Mitchell for it because he's been so damn good otherwise.

Mostly, I'm DONE with the abomination that Cohen calls an SEC lineup. The fact that it's even debatable whether or not Gavin Collins is a better defensive option means he should be starting the majority of games ahead of Randolph. The only way a guy who's an automatic out should be in the lineup is if he's an elite defensive player. Randolph isn't elite defensively, so go with Collins's bat. After tonight, I'm convinced the lineup should be:

1. Armstrong, LF
2. Detz, DH
3. Rea, 1B
4. Pirtle, 2B
5. Heck, SS
6. Hendu, RF
7. Collins, C
8. CT, CF
9. Britton, 3B

If Rea doesn't start producing soon, I'd bench his ass along with Vickerson. The problem is that Rea is elite defensively at 1B. But I'd rather have Detz at 1B and open up DH for Daniel Garner if Grizzly Rea isn't going to provide us with any offense. I realize Armstrong Ks, but so does Vickerson. And right now, Armstrong is having much better ABs than Vickerson and is getting on base. Can't say the same for Vickerson. If CT is healthy enough to DH and PH, then he's healthy enough that he needs to be in CF. Hendu is the most clutch hitter we have. Britton stays in simply because of how good he is defensively.

That's what I'd do, anyway. Feel free to fire away.

bgdog
04-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Agree with all of that

BulldogBear
04-06-2014, 11:52 AM
I hate the Corn Dogs. Something about them makes us play like dog shit. Ross Mitchell committing an E1 costs us a game? Really?! And I can't even be pissed at Mitchell for it because he's been so damn good otherwise.

This^ ....sums up my feelings as well. Was playing a board game with the family at the same time but had game on the tube and of course was sitting where I had a good view past the table. Confused some folks with my not game (board) related comments that were taken to be reaction to the game (board)!!

mathistondawg
04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
i completely agree the only time vickerson doesnt hit a pop up is when runners are in scoring position and then he strikes out. And armstrong getting onbase would help

dickiedawg
04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
What game? Board games are totally underrated.

Bucky Dog
04-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Right now my lineup would be:

1. Henderson, LF
2. Heck, SS
3. Pirtle, 2B
4. Rea, 1B
5. Detz, 3B
6. Humphreys, DH
7. Collins, C
8. Armstrong, RF
9. Bradford, CF

This spreads out our speed, on base guys, and adds some power to the lineup. I am more than willing to sacrifice a few errors to start getting more pop in the lineup. Vick, Britton and Randolph need to sit for awhile and Rea may need to take a few days off very shortly.

Tbonewannabe
04-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Right now my lineup would be:

1. Henderson, LF
2. Heck, SS
3. Pirtle, 2B
4. Rea, 1B
5. Detz, 3B
6. Humphreys, DH
7. Collins, C
8. Armstrong, RF
9. Bradford, CF

This spreads out our speed, on base guys, and adds some power to the lineup. I am more than willing to sacrifice a few errors to start getting more pop in the lineup. Vick, Britton and Randolph need to sit for awhile and Rea may need to take a few days off very shortly.

We desperately need some bats in the lineup. Garner and Humphries need to take some swings. They can't be worse.

BulldogBear
04-07-2014, 12:24 PM
What game? Board games are totally underrated.

Zombie State

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/61484/zombie-state-diplomacy-of-the-dead

cujo
04-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Garner needs to swing. Put him @ DH, Humphreys @ 3rd and let Detz sit.

bgdog
04-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Zombie State

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/61484/zombie-state-diplomacy-of-the-dead

I love that site