PDA

View Full Version : Massively concerned with our offense

Jacksondevildog
04-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Until we start hitting better or start recruiting better hitters, this will be our weakness. We have zero margin for error because we cannot give up a walk and double because it kills us. That shouldn't kill most teams. It's like we are hitting with a wet newspaper up there. I know the bats suck, but out approach sucks worse.

maroonmania
04-05-2014, 09:58 PM
We are a pretty decent team right now because of our pitching and defense but boring as can be to watch. Its like we've overdone it on the small ball. We have a bunch of punch and judy hitters that don't hit for a very high average. If you have a staff that doesn't walk or hit us at the plate and you play decent defense against us we will hardly ever score.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2014, 10:15 PM
That is all the top college teams though. All the best hitters go to pro ball. So, essentially, of the players left, you have to choose between a guy that can hit, but can't run or play defense, or a guy that can run and play defense, but can't hit.

If a player can hit, run, and play defense, then he is getting drafted in the top 5 rounds and not coming to school. Pick your poison. LSU can't hit either.

maroonmania
04-05-2014, 10:31 PM
I really don't know if they are all as weak offensively as we are though. I would like to see someone dig up the statistic of extra base hits of all the other SEC teams compared to us. Its REALLY unusual for us to ever get anything more than a single. In the 2 games against LSU so far we've scored 1 run on 6 singles I believe. LSU had 2 triples last night I know and a double tonight. Detz had the HR last weekend but its few and far between when we get an extra base hit.

Saltydog
04-05-2014, 10:34 PM
to get an extra base hit here and there. We don't. We have very few threats in the whole lineup that can hit more than a single and we can't even get those lately.