PDA

View Full Version : Weather is not looking good for baseball in BR

HardyStreetAlumniClub
04-05-2014, 03:23 PM
I think the TV game scheduled for Sunday stopped them from playing a double header today.

Tonight: 80% chance of rain.
Tomorrow: 80% chance of rain

We might get the game in tonight before most of the rain arrives, but tomorrow is not looking good. Link to National Weather Service forecast for BR.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?map.x=86&map.y=107&site=lix&zmx=1&zmy=1#.U0BlaBa3YdF

sandwolf
04-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Looking at the hourly forecast on weather.com, it is showing a 0% chance of rain until 10:00 tonight and then it goes to a 50% chance. So hopefully we will be able to get the game in.

Quaoarsking
04-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Why didn't we at least try a DH today? It looks like we're not going to give them a game tomorrow anyway. Rainouts really screw up the standings...

MarketingBully01
04-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Why didn't we at least try a DH today? It looks like we're not going to give them a game tomorrow anyway. Rainouts really screw up the standings...

We just need to take care of business with Mitchell pitching. Hopefully, he can pitch another complete game and Cohen starts Britton at third. We should win this game tonight. I am thinking Mitchell will shut them down.

maroonmania
04-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Sad part is with our deeper pitching we likely would have the advantage on Sunday. We have Ross tonight but LSU will be pitching their outstanding freshman against him. LSU's 3rd starter is a BIG question mark.

MarketingBully01
04-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Sad part is with our deeper pitching we likely would have the advantage on Sunday. We have Ross tonight but LSU will be pitching their outstanding freshman against him. LSU's 3rd starter is a BIG question mark.

Mitchell vs a freshman? I will take Mitchell all day every day.

State82
04-05-2014, 06:03 PM
From the looks of the radar, its about to be raining in Red Stick, if it's not already.

jbjones
04-05-2014, 06:05 PM
The pregame (radio) is on, and they've said nothing that would indicate a delay. Now, that's not saying much, but we all know that.

State82
04-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Now it looks like that heavy area of rain moved just to the southeast of BR. Doesn't look too bad behind that area now.