PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Ole Miss won the SEC in football today

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Too bad they have to actually play other teams in the regular season.

Kellenberger and WJTV's TJ Werre were cheering them on hard today.

dickiedawg
04-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Looked like tens of fans showed up.

jbjones
04-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Seriously? Who gives a shit?

hailmari
04-05-2014, 03:06 PM
I went to our scrimmage today. Our 1st and 2nd team defenses are nasty. They didn't allow much and I saw a lot of passes get batted down at the line.

Quarterbacks were off for the most part but still manage some good plays here and there. Fitz showed he has a lot of potential, I like him. Gigantic too.

Gus Walley showed out on a couple big receptions. Holloway lit up the edge a few times.

Thick
04-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Guys, give it a rest. It's a spring game. I'm sure we will look like NCs next weekend. I watched some of it, and it looked just like anybody's spring game. Both know each other's plays, personel, and individual moves/tendencies. The only thing that you should look for in a spring game is younger players making plays, game speed, kicking game (especially ours), and any position change players and how they look. Vanilla, vanilla, and more vanilla.

As for OM, I like their backup QBs, especially Kinkade looks like a potential playmaker. The kid from Brandon HS, that played LB that's short, made some plays as well. Other then that, just another spring game.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
I went to our scrimmage today. Our 1st and 2nd team defenses are nasty. They didn't allow much and I saw a lot of passes get batted down at the line.

Quarterbacks were off for the most part but still manage some good plays here and there. Fitz showed he has a lot of potential, I like him. Gigantic too.

Gus Walley showed out on a couple big receptions. Holloway lit up the edge a few times.

I've seen Walley play as well and he may end up having the last laugh on whether or not he should've gotten a scholarship. The kid has really good hands and ball skills. He's pretty good.

Todd4State
Guys, give it a rest. It's a spring game. I'm sure we will look like NCs next weekend. I watched some of it, and it looked just like anybody's spring game. Both know each other's plays, personel, and individual moves/tendencies. The only thing that you should look for in a spring game is younger players making plays, game speed, kicking game (especially ours), and any position change players and how they look. Vanilla, vanilla, and more vanilla.

As for OM, I like their backup QBs, especially Kinkade looks like a potential playmaker. The kid from Brandon HS, that played LB that's short, made some plays as well. Other then that, just another spring game.

I wanted us to offer Taylor Polk out of high school. He's the short LB. Probably would have forced Ole Miss to offer at the worst.

Todd4State
I've seen Walley play as well and he may end up having the last laugh on whether or not he should've gotten a scholarship. The kid has really good hands and ball skills. He's pretty good.

I think Walley has talent. It's just a question of whether he can stay healthy or not. I'm pulling for him.

hailmari
04-05-2014, 03:36 PM

He did a good job of blocking, too, the times I noticed him. I haven't seen anything of Brandon Hill all spring.

PassInterference
04-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Tell me our FG kickers went 5-5.

LeakyD
04-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Kellenberger does seem to be a fan in all sports for them. Very quick to come to their defense too. After the attack on John Pitts, who can blame any of their beat writers for being homers?

Bothrops
04-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I thought Walley looked good in last year's SG. Did he get hurt after that?

Todd4State
04-05-2014, 03:53 PM
I thought Walley looked good in last year's SG. Did he get hurt after that?

I think he had Tommy John surgery on his elbow if my memory serves me correctly.

Todd4State
04-05-2014, 03:55 PM
He did a good job of blocking, too, the times I noticed him. I haven't seen anything of Brandon Hill all spring.

I think Hill has an injury.

Todd4State
04-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Kellenberger does seem to be a fan in all sports for them. Very quick to come to their defense too. After the attack on John Pitts, who can blame any of their beat writers for being homers?

Doesn't Kellenberger cover LSU now for the Baton Rouge newspaper? I thought I saw him covering our game on twitter last night.

DownwardDawg
04-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Tell me our FG kickers went 5-5.

Nobody is responding so they probably sucked. That or we just don't pay attention to ST's anymore because we know that they will suck.

Todd4State
04-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Doesn't Kellenberger cover LSU now for the Baton Rouge newspaper? I thought I saw him covering our game on twitter last night.

I got Kellenberger mixed up with Ross Dellenger. Minus Internet cred points for me.

Todd4State
04-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Nobody is responding so they probably sucked. That or we just don't pay attention to ST's anymore because we know that they will suck.

I'm optomistic that Knox will do a good job with ST. I think Dan had too much on his plate with being the HC, the OC, working with QB's and being in charge of ST, and I think that is why ST suffered for well, pretty much every year except Dan's first.

hacker
04-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Kickers went 2 for 4 I think

thunderclap
04-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Kickers went 2 for 4 I think

This is why I can't get super excited about 2014.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Kellenberger looks like Jonah Hill to me.

Dawgowar
04-05-2014, 06:11 PM

is that the injury list has zero starters, no serous injuries of any type to anyone, and that there was a meteor did not hit the field and kill anyone. It's a practice. Wish they would forgo the damn things and just use the session for that purpose.

HoopsDawg
04-05-2014, 07:32 PM
is that the injury list has zero starters, no serous injuries of any type to anyone, and that there was a meteor did not hit the field and kill anyone. It's a practice. Wish they would forgo the damn things and just use the session for that purpose.

This was a really important spring for Joc Johnson and Justin Malone, unfortunately neither are really participating.

Sobiesk hit a long one and missed 2 short ones.