PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Henderson

elitedawgs
04-04-2014, 07:58 PM
We are told that an Ole Miss fan and his son were at the 3 point shooting contest, the son dressed in Ole Miss gear and a #22 jersey.

When asked to take a photo with the kid, Henderson tells the kid "F**k Off kid, I'm on the way to a party"

hailmari
04-04-2014, 08:05 PM
The problem I have with this is that somebody actually let their child wear a Henderson jersey.

Rick Danko
04-04-2014, 08:11 PM
No way that is true... Not that lucky

starkvegasdawg
04-04-2014, 08:19 PM
We are told that an Ole Miss fan and his son were at the 3 point shooting contest, the son dressed in Ole Miss gear and a #22 jersey.

When asked to take a photo with the kid, Henderson tells the kid "F**k Off kid, I'm on the way to a party"

I'm sure Dak would take a picture with the kid.

Political Hack
04-04-2014, 08:20 PM
sad. someone text me the same thing. verbatim statement. said it came from a long time well known poster on the spirit.

AlSwearengen
04-04-2014, 08:29 PM
The problem I have with this is that somebody actually let their child wear a Henderson jersey.

idol worship is strong with that bunch. It is sad watching 50 yr old grown men drooling over 20 yr old college kids the way they do.

slickdawg
04-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I had a guy I know out here that's an Ole Miss grad, last summer he told me "He's our Renardo Sidney"

In hindsight, he was wrong, even Renardo wasn't that big of an asshole.

mic
04-04-2014, 09:51 PM
I hope he stays in Oxford as long as possible...

chainedup_Dawg
04-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Meanwhile, I met Johnthan Banks Thursday. I told him about how my son loves him and missed out on meeting him due to having the stomach virus on fan day his last year. Johnthan immediately jumped at the opportunity to sign a cowbell for my son. It just seems we have a different breed of athlete and people at State.

Pollodawg
04-04-2014, 11:16 PM
To the folks that don't believe this, does this sound out of character at all for this guy?

BossDawg
04-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Meanwhile, I met Johnthan Banks Thursday. I told him about how my son loves him and missed out on meeting him due to having the stomach virus on fan day his last year. Johnthan immediately jumped at the opportunity to sign a cowbell for my son. It just seems we have a different breed of athlete and people at State.

They get the high maintenance drama kings that get addicted to hookers, booger sugar and the metro sexual frat guys flirting with them at the Library. And I'm seriously not exaggerating that much.

Pollodawg
04-04-2014, 11:31 PM
There is an entirely different thought process and culture involved with both fanbases and pervades both campuses. OM fans and alum have to maintain this image of wealth, power, the charm and gentility of the Old South. It's what people expect of them, and it's they give them. However, all the Old South ever was, really, was a chimera, smoke and mirrors from the start. Behind that massive, white washed plantation house was thousands of unwilling servants, poor white people, and the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a few so tightly that it would make Soviet Russia blush, all tumbling together in a massive powder keg of social tension. That culture was so top heavy that it could never last, and it didn't.

Now, fast forward a century-and-a-half, and you have the crumbling facade of that culture. Ole Miss is the same white washed plantation, but the master and mistress that once owned it are now living well above their income shining and washing things bought on exorbitant credit all so the neighbors, the prying eyes of the outside world--God forbid--never cross the threshold and see that inside the old structure is nothing but rotted floors and angry ghosts that were even faker and more pretentious than it's current occupants.

You can buy all of the Sperry Topsiders and hang as many chandeliers as there are branches in the grove and never recreate that time so long ago that was never more than a mirage anyway. Lipstick on a pig don't make it no less swine.

At State, we are what we are. We're common folks. We've never been ashamed of that, and we never will.

Political Hack
04-05-2014, 06:41 AM
yep. The People's University.

Offshore Dawg
04-05-2014, 08:57 AM
There is an entirely different thought process and culture involved with both fanbases and pervades both campuses. OM fans and alum have to maintain this image of wealth, power, the charm and gentility of the Old South. It's what people expect of them, and it's they give them. However, all the Old South ever was, really, was a chimera, smoke and mirrors from the start. Behind that massive, white washed plantation house was thousands of unwilling servants, poor white people, and the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a few so tightly that it would make Soviet Russia blush, all tumbling together in a massive powder keg of social tension. That culture was so top heavy that it could never last, and it didn't.

Now, fast forward a century-and-a-half, and you have the crumbling facade of that culture. Ole Miss is the same white washed plantation, but the master and mistress that once owned it are
now living well above their income shining and washing things bought on exorbitant credit all so the neighbors, the prying eyes of the outside world--God forbid--never cross the threshold and see that inside the old structure is nothing but rotted floors and angry ghosts that were even faker and more pretentious than it's current occupants.

You can buy all of the Sperry Topsiders and hang as many chandeliers as there are branches in the grove and never recreate that time so long ago that was never more than a mirage anyway. Lipstick on a pig don't make it no less swine.

At State, we are what we are. We're common folks. We've never been ashamed of that, and we never will.

This sum s them up so well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drunkernhelldawg
04-05-2014, 11:29 AM
We don't always do a great job of teaching our most talented people. Don't make excuses for kids just because you admire or like something about them. Let them know that other people always count too. Make them understand that.

sbcmortgageman
04-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm sure I'll get bashed by y'all for this, but I've seen too many pics of Marshall with fans and kids to believe this happened. Not buying it.